PDA

View Full Version : Magic item sets

haplot
2019-03-17, 02:23 PM
I've probably asked this before, but I cannot find answering posts anywhere in my profile. So here goes:

Looking for 4 sets of items for characters to go round and collect to help them beat up the BBEG at end of campaign (Balor type demon).

Ex: First char is a tiefling ranger/rogue and I was thinking: Belt of battle (pg 73 of MIC), Crystal mask of insight (pg 91 of MIC), Enemy Spirit pouch (pg 97 of MIC), Greater Piwafwi (pg 108 MIC) and rogues vest (pg 130 of MIC). As for having say X items of set or the complete lot I hadnt thought that far.

Any improvements to the above?

Any suggestions as to the other 3 sets?

Basically need one for melee build, a clericy type, and a magic user

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-03-17, 03:33 PM
For your spellcasters, look at the effects of the Raiment of the Four or Seven Veils sets in MIC. Each piece from the Raiment of the Four allows the wearer to convert a prepared spell or spell slot to spontaneously cast a specific spell, regardless of whether it's on your class spell list. The Seven Veils full set bonus allows you to do so for each spell that takes down a layer of a Prismatic Wall/Sphere.

For an arcane caster, consider including a +1 Reflecting Mithral Buckler as one of the items.

For the Ranger/Rogue, maybe make one set bonus to add the Bane weapon property for each of his favored enemy types to any weapon he's wielding. I'd also make a set bonus match the Island of Blades stance in Tome of Battle (as long as you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, you both gain the benefit of flanking them).

For the melee character, copying another ToB stance would be a decent set benefit. Otherwise energy resistances or even damage reduction would likely be appropriate.

haplot
2019-03-17, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Much appreciated

Bphill561
2019-03-17, 11:34 PM
If the cleric has any interest in fighting undead, the Wraith's Woe Collection is very useful. You could easily add a reliquary holy symbol (make it slotless since it is cheap) and any of the rod's in libra mortis (more turning attempts, increased turning level, etc.) if the 3 items in the base collection are too few.

haplot
2019-03-18, 12:28 AM
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.