PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Need feedback on these magic items

MightyDuck
2019-03-17, 05:22 PM
I've homebrewed some magic items for my current campaign and I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions, since I'm relatively new to homebrewing stuff. Thanks in advance!

Hydra
Weapon (Pepperbox), Legendary (Requires Attunment)

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. Unlike a regular Pepperbox, this weapon has a reload score of 5.

This weapon has 5 charges. You can spend an attack to expend any number of charges, for each charge you spend you can make an attack against a creature within range, on a hit, these attacks deal 4d6 force damage. These attacks still expend ammunition, equal to the number of charges expended, you cannot expend a charge if you do not have the ammuntion to do so. If you score a critical hit with this weapon, you regain 2 charges, all charges are regained after a long rest.

Lyre of the Void
Wonderous Item, Very Rare (Requires Attunment by a Bard)

This item is an Instrument of the Bards. A creature that attempts to play the instrument without being attuned to it must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or take 2d4 psychic damage. You can use an action to play the instrument and cast one of its spells. Once the instrument has been used to cast a spell, it can't be used to cast that spell again until the next dawn.

The spells use your spellcasting ability and spell save DC. When you use the instrument to cast a spell that causes targets to become charmed on a failed save, the targets have disadvantage on the saving throw. This effect applies whether you are using the instrument as the source of the spell or as a spellcasting focus.

In addition to Fly, invisibility, levitate , protection from evil and good, this instrument can be used to cast the following spells; Eyebite, Maelstrom and Soul Cage. This item serves as the material component of Soul Cage.

Requiem (Edited)
Weapon (Dagger), Very Rare (Requires attunment)

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon.

If this weapon is within 60ft of you, you can use your bonus action to either; teleport to the dagger's location and grab hold of it, or teleport the dagger back into your hand. If a creature is in contact with the dagger when you use either of these effects, it takes 1d4 necrotic damage.

noob
2019-03-17, 06:30 PM
I've homebrewed some magic items for my current campaign and I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions, since I'm relatively new to homebrewing stuff. Thanks in advance!

Hydra
Weapon (Pepperbox), Legendary (Requires Attunment)

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. Unlike a regular Pepperbox, this weapon has a reload score of 5.

This weapon has 5 charges. You can spend an attack to expend any number of charges, for each charge you spend you can make an attack against a creature within range, on a hit, these attacks deal 4d6 force damage. These attacks still expend ammunition, equal to the number of charges expended, you cannot expend a charge if you do not have the ammuntion to do so. If you score a critical hit with this weapon, you regain 2 charges, all charges are regained after a long rest.

Lyre of the Void
Wonderous Item, Very Rare (Requires Attunment by a Bard)

This item is an Instrument of the Bards. A creature that attempts to play the instrument without being attuned to it must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or take 2d4 psychic damage. You can use an action to play the instrument and cast one of its spells. Once the instrument has been used to cast a spell, it can't be used to cast that spell again until the next dawn.

The spells use your spellcasting ability and spell save DC. When you use the instrument to cast a spell that causes targets to become charmed on a failed save, the targets have disadvantage on the saving throw. This effect applies whether you are using the instrument as the source of the spell or as a spellcasting focus.

In addition to Fly, invisibility, levitate , protection from evil and good, this instrument can be used to cast the following spells; Eyebite, Maelstrom and Soul Cage. This item serves as the material component of Soul Cage.

Requiem
Weapon (Dagger), Very Rare (Requires attunment)

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon.

If this weapon is separated from you, you can use your bonus action to either; teleport to the dagger's location and grab hold of it, or teleport the dagger back into your hand. If a creature is in contact with the dagger when you use either of these effects, it takes 1d4 necrotic damage.

so you lose the lyre when using soul cage?

also making Requiem very rare means that you are in a world were you lose all your stuff once a day?

MightyDuck
2019-03-17, 06:53 PM
so you lose the lyre when using soul cage?

also making Requiem very rare means that you are in a world were you lose all your stuff once a day?

The component for soul cage is not consumed, so no, and the idea behind requiem is that you can throw it and then teleport to its location or teleport it back to you. I should probably be clearer with the wording and restrict the range.