PDA

View Full Version : Another Character help thread

Ghal Marak
2007-09-29, 07:45 PM
Hello again everybody! I need the combined help of the forums once again. The Character is a Elf Paragon 1/ Cloistered Cleric 5. I'm not sure what I should take for the last two feats and for his gear. He has 13,000gp and I can't spend over 3,250 on any single item. Heres the character sheet: Strennr Ozemu (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=1661).

Any help would be greatly appreceated. :smallsmile:

brian c
2007-09-29, 09:05 PM
Well, what are you looking to do with this character? Are you the primary healer? Do you plan on melee-ing at all (War domain indicates you might). Weapon Focus is a pretty subpar feat, you could probably do better than that. Also, you can't spend more than 3,250 on any item? That doesn't leave you with much to buy weapons or armor, aside from other items. Periapt of Wisdom +2 would be a good choice though, only 2,000gp, and ring of protection would also fit under your price limit.

Ghal Marak
2007-09-29, 09:15 PM
Well, what are you looking to do with this character? Are you the primary healer? Do you plan on melee-ing at all (War domain indicates you might). Weapon Focus is a pretty subpar feat, you could probably do better than that. Also, you can't spend more than 3,250 on any item? That doesn't leave you with much to buy weapons or armor, aside from other items. Periapt of Wisdom +2 would be a good choice though, only 2,000gp, and ring of protection would also fit under your price limit.

Well, it's looking like I am going to be the primary healer all right. I highly doubt that I'll be in melee, having a poor BAB. I picked War domain for the domain spells, since I figured that more attack spells could always be useful. Should I drop War and pick Protection or something?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-09-29, 09:32 PM
Maybe. Sun is nice for supah turning, but it's situational, for example. Poor BaB? BWAHAHAHAHA! CoDzilla!

Ghal Marak
2007-09-29, 09:52 PM
Corellon dosen't have the sun domain. I think he has Good, War, Protection, and Chaos domains. Also, I have no idea what CoDzilla is. Well, thats a lie. I know about it, but not a whole lot.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-09-29, 09:59 PM
CoDzilla is more or less the way to outshun all bread 'n butter meleers, mostly. Unless you get outta his attack range, a zilla tears you to bits, chews you, rapes you, and makes you listen to Heal the World 24/7.

Me, I'd take protection and war. Good and Chaos seem a bit situational. It's a sort of example of why falsehood rocks, because it's useful anytime. I'd also take improved toughness as soon as you have feats to spare. a +1 bonus to HP per level will allow you to survive long enough to heal people in most cases.

Ghal Marak
2007-09-30, 10:21 PM
So any additional gear I should get? Armor, weapons?