PDA

View Full Version : Cutthroat Rogue build

Stormtrooper666
2019-03-17, 11:26 PM
hello all.

Could someone explain to me what this type of class is and how it is different than a warrior or fighter?

Griswold
2019-03-18, 11:20 AM
I've never heard of such a build. Is this a melee-focused rogue, or something else? I can't find any references to it elsewhere on the internet.

Fiskco
2019-03-18, 11:33 AM
The Cutthroat rogue, as I understand it, was a thing in 4th edition, not in 5th. but you're right in saying that the cutthroat rogue isn't really that different from a warrior or a fighter.

The cutthroat rogue prefers to use intimidation to solve problems.
if you want to build a cutthroat rogue in 5e, put expertise in intimidation and use some form of club/mace as your weapon. you probably want to multiclass into rogue from some other class, like fighter or barbarian, with the main purpose of doing so being the expertise in intimidation, as well as some sneak attack damage.

JackPhoenix
2019-03-18, 12:34 PM
The Cutthroat rogue, as I understand it, was a thing in 4th edition, not in 5th. but you're right in saying that the cutthroat rogue isn't really that different from a warrior or a fighter.

The cutthroat rogue prefers to use intimidation to solve problems.
if you want to build a cutthroat rogue in 5e, put expertise in intimidation and use some form of club/mace as your weapon. you probably want to multiclass into rogue from some other class, like fighter or barbarian, with the main purpose of doing so being the expertise in intimidation, as well as some sneak attack damage.

If you want to sneak attack, you can't use club or mace. Finesse or ranged weapons only.