PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Warrior of Earth

cartejos
2019-03-18, 02:20 PM
I want to play Fighter 20 as a build.
I have access to any 3.5 official acf or feat.
I want to use warrior of Earth for flavor, Eldritch juggernaut to get some SR, Eldritch grace for evasion (though I'm not sure if evasion is worth a feat), armored savant, and bonded armor. And possibly zhentarim.
This loses the bonus feats at 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 18, and 20. That's 7 out of 11. One flaw is allowed, and I'd like to play a dwarf. I believe that leaves 12 feats and average WbL for the rest of the build.
I would like to use the shield and Pike style feat with a duom.
I'm intending to use the light shield with shield Ward, so that eats another two feats.
Power attack, for the two handed weapon.
I'm not sure if I should invest in hidden power (expansion) for deflective armor. That would be 3 more feats, because of the heavy armor optimization prereq.
I'm also considering two weapon fighting with the duom and light shield.

I would not like for this character to use an animated shield at any point.

TL;DR Dwarf Fighter 20, armor class focus (low tier campaign), good shield and armor feat/magic item suggestions?

Malphegor
2019-03-18, 02:34 PM
What’s Warrior of Earth from and what does it do?

Also for extra Earthiness have you considered being an Earth Dwarf, from UnEarthed Arcana? Basically everything Dwarfy gets an additional
bonus, except you lose you spell save bonus and your
bonus against orcs and goblinoids. edit: instead you get a bonus on attack against things with the air subtype, which is weird but hey bonus against stomething that's probably a pain to hit normally!

Saintheart
2019-03-19, 12:58 AM
What’s Warrior of Earth from and what does it do?

Fighter ACF, Dragon 355. Gives you some slowly-advancing acid resistance and a few (Sp)s allowing you very limited castings of Magic Stone and Stone Shape as the levels go on. Doesn't look like a lot you can build on off the top of one's head.

ShurikVch
2019-03-19, 07:16 PM
How about the Martial Study/Martial Stance for some Stone Dragon maneuvers?

Seerow
2019-03-19, 09:26 PM
Definitely recommend wearing Stone Plate armor for the flavor factor. There's a few different variants in different sources but I seem to remember A&EG being pretty decent.

If you're already considering blowing feats for Expansion, Knockback + Dungeoncrasher ACF is always one of the better fighter options, and dealing most of your damage by smacking people into the earth sounds fitting. Actually just tracked down info on your Warrior of Earth ACF... and apparently it trades out the same feats that get traded by Dungeoncrasher. Boo.

As far as whether Evasion is worth a feat, it depends on the character. But for a straight fighter in heavy armor, most likely not. Evasion only matters if you pass the reflex save, and I do not expect the character to be passing a ton of reflex saves.