PDA

View Full Version : Are there any?

haplot
2019-03-18, 03:58 PM
Are there any good prestige classes for a tiefling ranger / rogue in any published book?

If so, what book do I find them in?

I know it might be viewed as some as an unusual build, but wanted the combo for RP purposes.

Many thanks

MultitudeMan
2019-03-18, 04:13 PM
There's Highland Stalker, from Complete Adventurer. At the very least, you get full BAB, and Skirmish from the 2nd level.

haplot
2019-03-18, 04:28 PM
Ahh cool, tyvm for the quick reply

ezekielraiden
2019-03-18, 05:30 PM
If you're looking to attract more replies, you might change the thread title. "Are there any?" is so painfully generic, I only clicked it because I am invariably curious. I expect a lot of knowledgeable posters will simply overlook this thread. I suggest something like, "Tiefling Ranger/Rogue: published PrC options?", since that captures everything you want to know and will, therefore, likely attract more attention.

Sadly I have no suggestions in terms of PrCs, I don't play much of either class.

ExLibrisMortis
2019-03-18, 06:09 PM
Scout/ranger is the more traditional combination, because Swift Hunter is such an excellent feat. On the back of that, a swift hunter generally doesn't need to prestige at all. There is no equivalent feat for ranger/rogue, I don't think.

Darrin
2019-03-18, 07:56 PM
Dragon Devotee 4/Unseen Seer 4 is a pretty decent combo: 4d6 sneak attack, some sorcerer casting, decent skill list. Throw a level of Abjuant Champion in there before Unseen Seer 2, and you can grab the hunter's eye spell for additional sneak attack.

Thurbane
2019-03-18, 07:59 PM
This thread might have some useful info: Ranger/Rogue PrC? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?567048-Ranger-Rogue-PrC)

The PrC I suggested in that thread was Shade Hunter, from Champions of Ruin - it has a very specific favored enemy, though...

Psyren
2019-03-18, 08:32 PM
You can't really go wrong with Chameleon on a skill-based chassis.

It might help though if you tell us what you want to get out of the character. Do you want more or less magic? Do you want something that fits thematically with their chosen race? Are any of the elements like sneak attack/favored enemy non-negotiable? Are you trying to max one or both of those?

Eladrinblade
2019-03-18, 10:46 PM
Have you just considered playing a scout? They basically are ranger/rogues, with their own thing as well.

Falontani
2019-03-19, 12:56 AM
Many people are saying scout but you don't need scout to have fun. Although...
Ranger 1, rogue 3, scout 16 can grab:
Stack rogue and scout for SA and Skirmish
Stack ranger and scout for FE and Skirmish
So your effective level 19 rogue for sa, effective level 17 for favored enemy, and effective level 20 for skirmish. You get the skills, 15 bab, track, trap finding, and most of scout's moment buffs. Suggest grabbing manyshot and greater manyshot move 20 ft with improved skirmish, then greater manyshot 3 shots +1 rapid shot for 11d6 sa, 6d6 skirmish, and if you grab craven take another 20 damage, per hit. (Yes that's 68d6+80 before counting your bow or whether or not it's a favored enemy)

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-19, 01:18 AM
Fiend of possession.

Just think what you could do with a body with massive physical scores and all sorts of exotic abilities! And sneaking is a LOT easier with at-will ethereality! There's also a surprising amount of utility to be gained from strategically possessing objects, as well.

Eladrinblade
2019-03-19, 11:12 AM
Many people are saying scout but you don't need scout to have fun. Although...
Ranger 1, rogue 3, scout 16 can grab:
Stack rogue and scout for SA and Skirmish

Swift ambusher only works with skirmish.

Falontani
2019-03-19, 05:37 PM
Swift ambusher only works with skirmish.

Well I'll be... Welp sorry for incorrect information and poor build idea