PDA

View Full Version : What do you call...

stewstew5
2019-03-18, 07:10 PM
What is the job title for those people you can hire, usually for birthdays, who bring terrariums with large spiders and reptiles and other animals for kids to teach them about them/pet?

tomandtish
2019-03-18, 10:01 PM
Don't know that the people have a specific name. They can usually be found listed under Animal Parties.

They might have other names, but not specifically related to the party aspect. A person who is herpetologist might work animal parties, but not all herpetologists would work animal parties, and not all people working animal parties with reptiles are herpetologists.

RForgione
2019-03-20, 11:31 AM
I would talk to someone at your nearest national/state park. We have a few around where I am, and some have their own "nature centers," where those type of people come there. If nothing else, they might know better or be able to put you in touch with someone.

Otomodachi
2019-03-20, 01:02 PM
I would talk to someone at your nearest national/state park. We have a few around where I am, and some have their own "nature centers," where those type of people come there. If nothing else, they might know better or be able to put you in touch with someone.

Someone at the local library might be able to help, to, especially if it's a library that does a lot of children's programs during the summer.

Lvl 2 Expert
2019-03-21, 05:51 AM
Terrariarii? (Single: terrariarus)

I don't think anyone currently calls them that currently, but if you're looking to add to the dictionary?

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-04-07, 09:28 PM
Jungle Bob.

That's my local guy anyway. Hes got an exotic pet shop, runs an exotic animal rescue and does kids shows. Def Google animal shows local and if nothing comes up, check with rescues and shops, most have bulletin boards.

Honest Tiefling
2019-04-11, 12:48 PM
Googling it hasn't actually given me a good idea of what the name of this business might be, oddly. Maybe there just isn't a agreed upon name?

When I was a kid, many eons ago, we had Reptile Guy. I don't think that's the actual job title, however.

stewstew5
2019-04-12, 08:48 PM
Googling it hasn't actually given me a good idea of what the name of this business might be, oddly. Maybe there just isn't a agreed upon name?

When I was a kid, many eons ago, we had Reptile Guy. I don't think that's the actual job title, however.

Job Title!

thank you, I was trying to find this word it was on the tip of my tongue.

Editing the main post now :P

Albion
2019-05-01, 05:56 PM
Job Title!

thank you, I was trying to find this word it was on the tip of my tongue.

Editing the main post now :P

Shouldn't that be occupation though? :smallredface: