PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Level Ten Bard/Rogue Tank.

ArkamaZanku
2019-03-18, 08:54 PM
This is my first time posting, but I'm looking for any suggestions on tweaking a charater for some level ten campaigns.

So far this is what I have:
Variant Human +1 Dex, +1 Cha and Defensive Duelist. Using Scale Mail, a Shield, and a Rapier.
Took one level of Fighter and took Defense as their fighting style.
Went three levels into Rogue for Swashbuckler, Expertise, and Cunning Actions.
Then spent the last six levels going Bard for College of Swords, the Dueling fighting style, Flourishes, spellcasting, and more Expertise.

I want to play them by dumping debuffs on enemies before diving in and out of melee combat as well as play the face of the party. Anything I could do to improve in my desired role and anything I should watch out for?

CTurbo
2019-03-19, 06:08 AM
I would either scrap the Fighter level completely, or take 2 Paladin levels instead.

Not sure how many levels past 10 you'll go but Paladin 2/Rogue 3/Bard 6 would be great at level 11 and Paladin 2/Rogue 5/Bard 6 would be a GREAT at level 13.

From there you could either go Bard from there if you wanted to be more spell focused or go Rogue from there if you spells aren't your priority. Going back to Paladin from there would also be great and boost your survivability a lot. Vengeance or Devotion would be great.

Griswold
2019-03-19, 08:55 PM
A lot of debuffs require concentration. Do you have proficiency in Constitution saves from Fighter? If not, you might want to pick up the War Caster feat.

And of course, once you do that, some way to get Booming Blade or some other good AoO cantrip is really nice. Especially when combined with Dissonant Whispers!

Talionis
2019-03-19, 09:48 PM
I would go Battlemaster 3/ Rogue 1/ Blade Bard 6

It’s great to get Con saves on a caster and get action Surge for casting a buff or debuff in first round and still attack.

Rogue one for expertise but I would consider dropping this. You get a lot of expertise from Bard. Better initiative is awesome but so is higher level spells.

Feats I would consider defensive duelist. Your Flourish should give you great AC and that may make you virtually unhittable.