PDA

View Full Version : Fun Feats for an artificer?

RoboEmperor
2019-03-20, 01:56 AM
----------

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-20, 02:04 AM
Ancestral Relic to make one of these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=23285432&viewfull=1#post23285432).

Then take the Landlord feat, turn yourself into a building using the skin, and load up a TON of money into further advancing your stronghold (ie, the literal temple that is your body) as a magic/psionic item.

How about some archery feats? Get yourself some +1 returning aurorum dye arrows (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/ammunition/ammunition-bow-arrow-dye/), enhance them as spell storing items via your infusions, fill them full of either poisons or magical potion-oils (depending on whether they're to be harmful or helpful), and use archery to make full attacks against allies and enemies to heal, damage, buff, and debuff, as appropriate. Feel free to fill them full of alchemical mixtures, as well as poisons from the Hidden Talent (psionic minor creation) feat.

Oberron
2019-03-20, 10:41 AM
If you're going buffartificer there is a feat that gives +2 to the bonus of transmutation spells I want to say. Reserves of strength can be useful too to go over the cap for buffs based on caster level, and if you are buffing undead fell energy is a must have too.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-20, 10:54 AM
The artificer is sort of a hordificer/bufficer hybrid, so no direct combat from him.Sounds like a large portion of the game will be extremely dull for you, but to each his own.

The shooting allies for buffing them does sound nice, but this is 3.5 not pathfinder, and I'm pretty sure by RAW all ammunitions are lost/destroyed upon impact regardless of whether they have returning on them or not.Dye arrows make perfect sense in either edition; just ask if you can make them.

And aurorum weapons that break can be recombined to reform the weapon they were before they broke. Returning aurorum arrows = arrows that break on impact, deliver their payload, and return to you so you can rebuild and refill them between fights.

Your other thing is a bit too high op for my tastes.Fair enough.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-20, 10:58 AM
Found that feat. Sadly it's dragon magazine.

But Toughening Transmutation is not! +5 DR is never bad! Thanks!DR 5 is...really lackluster when magic can give you that or better, and feats are both much rarer and can give you way more than that.

Is it at least DR 5/--? Doesn't do a thing against anything but physical attacks, even so. Hardness is MUCH better.

Reserves of Strength is AWESOME. At level 1 that is. I would grab this in a heartbeat if it didn't have Iron Will as a prerequisite. I'll definitely grab this feat if flaws are allowed.Magical location (Frog God's Fane). Buy Iron Will for a pittance.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-20, 11:05 AM
Kingdoms of Kalamar is, I believe, a 2nd party source (fully approved by WotC), and it has the Loyalty's Reward feat. You must be the head of some sort of organization (doesn't have to be a large one; an adventuring party would count), and -- get this -- it allows you to craft your own feat from scratch and give it to everyone in that organization, including yourself.

You want to give everyone in your party (including your summoned creatures, etc) DR/-- that scales with level? You can do that. The equivalent of Initiate of Mystra without being a cleric of Mystra? You can do that. Some minor spontaneous spellcasting that scales with level off a restricted list (I'd suggest druid, but limited to sorcerer spells known at CL = 1/2 HD)? You can do that, too.

Troacctid
2019-03-20, 11:28 AM
The artificer I'm playing right now has Shape Soulmeld (Mage's Spectacles) and Midnight Metamagic so they get a free Extend once per day followed by +6 to Spellcraft and UMD (and Decipher Script, w/e). Basically guarantees success for UMD checks even at lower levels (we're currently level 5), and helps to hit those high Spellcraft DCs.