PDA

View Full Version : Thirsting Blade and movement?

MThurston
2019-03-20, 06:10 AM
Can a Warlock drop a target, move, and swing against a new target?

I know the rules say you can do this between attacks but am I reading Thirsting Blade as having to attack right after the first swing?

ProsecutorGodot
2019-03-20, 06:43 AM
The wording is identical to Extra Attack it doesn't say anything about having to happen immediately after. In reference to Moving Between Attacks, it's not limited to "Extra Attack" but "If you take an action that includes more than one attack". Thirsting Blade (and the new Arcane Armament feature from the Artificer UA) both fulfill this.

Note it says "action" so features like Flurry of Blows (a feature that does specify that it must happen immediately after your attack action) also allow the character to move between attacks.

The only thing about Flurry of Blows, which is mostly semantic and isn't likely to be very impactful, is that you can't technically move between your Action and Bonus Action if you choose to use Flurry of Blows. I'm not sure that anyone is going to be that much of a stickler as it requires an incredibly precise look at the interaction to reach such a conclusion.