PDA

View Full Version : Polymorph Any Object Intelligence Change

Yogibear41
2019-03-20, 11:43 PM
I have an Intelligence of 18 with no magic buffs. I cast Fox's cunning on myself increasing my Intelligence to 22. I then cast Polymorph any Object on myself to turn into something with an Intelligence of 21. Does my Intelligence count as staying the same or going down for the purposes of the spells duration?

Same question, but instead of Fox's Cunning, I wear a +4 Headband of Intellect.

Segev
2019-03-21, 09:00 AM
I have an Intelligence of 18 with no magic buffs. I cast Fox's cunning on myself increasing my Intelligence to 22. I then cast Polymorph any Object on myself to turn into something with an Intelligence of 21. Does my Intelligence count as staying the same or going down for the purposes of the spells duration?

Same question, but instead of Fox's Cunning, I wear a +4 Headband of Intellect.

Up. What happens is this:

You become subject to Fox's Cunning. Your Intelligence goes from 18 to 22 (18 natural +4 enhancement).
You are PAO'd into something with a 21 Int. Your Intelligence goes from 22 (18 natura +4 enhancement) to 25 (21 natural +4 enhancement).

The same thing happens with a Headband of Intellect +4, as long as polymorphing doesn't cause the headband to merge with you or fall off (and thus stop functioning). The core point being that your enhancement bonus to Int doesn't go away; it just adds to a different base.