PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Witch Doctor Homebrew (Help)

Fuzzyketchup
2019-03-21, 12:31 PM
First post to Giant in the Playground, sorry if it's out of place.

My friend wants to play a Witch Doctor in my next campaign. I took a look at this class that he sent me and it SEEMS pretty balanced, but I don't know very much about creating classes outside of the info in the DMG.

I can't link to it because I don't have a high enough post count, but it's the dandwiki Homebrew /wiki/Witch_Doctor_(3.5e_Class)

Can anyone with a little more experience take a look and see if there is anything game breaking about this class? It looks okay to me, but I don't trust dand

ngilop
2019-03-21, 01:31 PM
First post to Giant in the Playground, sorry if it's out of place.

My friend wants to play a Witch Doctor in my next campaign. I took a look at this class that he sent me and it SEEMS pretty balanced, but I don't know very much about creating classes outside of the info in the DMG.

I can't link to it because I don't have a high enough post count, but it's the dandwiki Homebrew /wiki/Witch_Doctor_(3.5e_Class)

Can anyone with a little more experience take a look and see if there is anything game breaking about this class? It looks okay to me, but I don't trust dand

It (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Witch_Doctor_(3.5e_Class))is a divine semi-spontaneous caster ( in that it casts like a spirit shaman and can change out its spells known each day' The class abilities seem balanced.

My only issue is one cannot use blood magic on a con damage immune ally, but it does not say the same if the witch doctor is also immune.

Other than that it looks good, the spell list is thematic and small, but still varied enough to handle most anything.

Fuzzyketchup
2019-03-21, 01:48 PM
It is a divine semi-spontaneous caster ( in that it casts like a spirit shaman and can change out its spells known each day' The class abilities seem balanced.

My only issue is one cannot use blood magic on a con damage immune ally, but it does not say the same if the witch doctor is also immune.

Other than that it looks good, the spell list is thematic and small, but still varied enough to handle most anything.

Thanks for taking a look, I'll just go ahead and tell him he can't target himself if he's immune to Con damage to save myself the trouble.