PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Creature: Carnage Demon [PEACH]

Lycan999
2019-03-21, 04:05 PM
So I was going through some of my new magic cards the other day and for whatever reason I really like the artwork for Cry of the Carnarium, so I was inspired to stat out a creature based on the one in the art. If someone could help me CR this thing it would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know where to start in evaluating its abilities.

https://img.scryfall.com/cards/large/front/7/1/715a14a3-046e-45ca-b943-dd630e5202b7.jpg?1549416252

Carnage Demon
Large Fiend (Demon), Chaotic Evil

Armor Class: 18 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points: 133 (14d10 + 56)
Speed: 40ft

Str: 21 (+5) Dex: 15 (+2) Con: 18 (+4) Int: 6 (-2) Wis: 17 (+3) Cha: 8 (-1)

Saving Throws: Str +10, Con +9, Wis +8
Damage Resistance: Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing from Nonmagical Weapons
Damage Immunities: Poison, Necrotic
Condition Immunities: Disease, Poison
Skills: Athletics +10, Perception +8, Survival +8, Intimidation +4
Senses: Truseight 120ft, Darkvision, Passive Perception 18
Languages: Understands Abyssal, does not speak

Traits

Stench of the Grave: Any creature that is not an Undead or Fiend (Demon) starts its turn within 10ft of the Carnage Demon must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be Poisoned until the start of its next turn. On a successful saving throw, the creature is immune to this ability for 24 hours.

Scent: The Carnage Demon has Advantage on all Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Magic Resistance: The Carnage Demon has Advantage on all saving throws against spell and other magical effects.

Magic Weapons: All of the Carnage Demon’s attacks are considered Magical.

Death Frenzy: Whenever the Carnage Demon is reduced to 0 hit points it enters a Death Frenzy. While in this state the Carnage Demon has doubles its speed, has Advantage on all Attacks, Saving Throws, and Skill Checks and cannot be killed or rendered Incapacitated, Paralyzed or Unconscious. Furthermore it is capable of using its Cry of Carnarium and Devour Corpse abilities as a Bonus Action. This state last for 5 rounds, after which it cannot be used again for 24 hours.

Actions

Multiattack: Carnage Demon makes two Claw attacks and one Bite attack.

Claw: Melee Weapon Attack, +10 to-hit, reach 10ft, one target. Hit 12 (2d6 +5) Slashing damage plus 3 (1d6) Necrotic damage.

Bite: Melee Weapon Attack, +10 to-hit, reach 5ft, one target. Hit 16 (2d10 +5) Piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) Necrotic damage. If the target is not an Undead of Fiend (Demon) it must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution check or gain a level of Exhaustion and succumb to Grave Fever. While infected with Grave Fever the creature is incapable of gaining hit points and whenever they are damaged in any way they take an extra 7 (2d6) Necrotic damage and must make another DC 15 Constitution saving throw and gain a level of Exhaustion.

Devour Corpse: Carnage Demon consumes a Medium sized corpse in order to regain instantly regain 11 (2d10) health. For the next 5 turns after consuming a corpse the Carnage Demon gains regeneration, regaining 11 (2d10) health at the beginning of its turn. Consuming a new corpse resets the regeneration, it does not stack. Tiny and Small creatures do not provide the regeneration effect. Creatures larger than Medium can be devoured in one medium sized chunk at a time: Large creatures are the equivalent of 2 Medium creatures, Huge 4, and Gargantuan 8. Unconscious creatures count as corpses for the purpose of this ability, in which case they will be slain instantly.

Cry of the Carnarium (Recharge 5-6): Carnage Demon lets out an unearthly cry that penetrates the very soul and dredges out fear of your mortality. Every creature within 240ft that is not and Undead or Fiend (Demon) must make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or else gain a level of Exhaustion. This ability effects creatures that are normally immune to audible effects.

Unavenger
2019-03-22, 09:34 AM
There's already stats for that very demon in Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica.