PDA

View Full Version : Expertise w/out bard or rogue

stewstew5
2019-03-21, 04:16 PM
Is there any way to get expertise in a skill without dipping into rogue or bard?

Naanomi
2019-03-21, 04:18 PM
A few other classes grant it here and there... Knowledge Cleric and the like... and the Prodigy feat gives it in one skill (humans, half-Elves, and half-Orcs only)

wilhelmdubdub
2019-03-21, 04:19 PM
Is there any way to get expertise in a skill without dipping into rogue or bard?

There are Unearthed Arcana (WotC playtest material) called "Feats for skills". They give you a +1, expertise in a skill plus some kind of buff to using the skill. Not official material but the group I play in uses them.

Fiskco
2019-03-22, 07:28 AM
There are Unearthed Arcana (WotC playtest material) called "Feats for skills". They give you a +1, expertise in a skill plus some kind of buff to using the skill. Not official material but the group I play in uses them.

Here's the link to that UA (https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf)

Feats for skills are what I use at my table, otherwise you could ask your DM to houserule away the human requirement for the prodigy feat in xanathers