PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...a little help?

tahu88810
2007-09-30, 08:53 AM
Hello,

Recently I've found PbP games to not be as fullfilling as actual games, yes, they're still fun...but...something just isn't the same.
So I thought to myself 'Maybe I should find an IRL group...' ofcourse, its harder than it seems. First, I need to find a group in my area.

Anyways, I then thought...the easiest way to find a group might be through the internet...maybe theres a website or something? So, what I'm asking...
Is if there is a website with 'Gamer Wanted Ads' on it, what would it be? I remember that somebody had a link to one in their sig over at the D&D forums, but it seems that now that I actually want to find that link, I can't. >_<

de-trick
2007-09-30, 09:06 AM
just ask your friends if they want to try D&D, if they agree within 6 months or less they should be good enough to DM

Ranis
2007-09-30, 09:06 AM
Stay far, far away from the RPGA.

tahu88810
2007-09-30, 09:07 AM
Stay far, far away from the RPGA.

RPGA? Whats that?
*I ish dumb*

tahu88810
2007-09-30, 09:08 AM
just ask your friends if they want to try D&D, if they agree within 6 months or less they should be good enough to DM

I've tried that. One of them is actually a really greater RPer, no cheese anywhere. Ofcourse, his characters tend to be insane...

But all my other friends end up kicking me in the shins if I ask them, literally. >_<;

Zincorium
2007-09-30, 09:19 AM
RPGA? Whats that?
*I ish dumb*

It's effectively a large interlocked network of gaming groups who are official members and play official games.

If you don't care about what other groups are doing and the notion of playing strictly controlled adventures decided on by someone other than your DM rubs you the wrong way, you probably won't want to join it even after you're experienced.

But I have heard it's a good way to get into gaming in areas without lots of players. Of course, I've never been in an area where there was an RPGA chapter, and my teeny little home town of a thousand had 50 prospective players.

Edit:
More to the main point, see if you can find any shop that carries gaming materials, wargaming stuff, or comics, and ask about. Computer-related stores also have a good gamer population associated with them.

Most geeks (myself included in that) are multi-disciplinary within their geekiness, so most will either have played or know people who do play.

Further edit:
Apparently I was lied to and the RPGA was free. Which makes me all the more annoyed that someone who was a part of it tried to scam me.

Green Bean
2007-09-30, 09:19 AM
RPGA? Whats that?
*I ish dumb*

A WotC-run international gaming association. You can find their website here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga)

tahu88810
2007-09-30, 09:29 AM
Oh, ok. SO thats what RPGA is *Goes to check out website for it*

eh...I checked it out, the only one I could join would be the Xendrik one, and it doesn't look to good... >_<

AKA_Bait
2007-09-30, 11:47 AM
You can also post something here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)