PDA

View Full Version : Creating more Attunement slots

ImproperJustice
2019-03-22, 12:50 PM
So I am blessed to currently be enjoying a very Magic rich game currently where we will soon be progressing into mid upper tier.

In the realm of first world problems, we are simply running out of Attunement slots. Many of our PCs are doing well stat wise and as we gaze upon those final ASI / Feat choices we thought we would ask the internets:

How many Attunement slots is an ASI worth?

One, two maybe?

At low levels one may not be worth it, but at high levels, packing another staff or ring can be a big deal.

What does the board think?

Or maybe we just really need to be happy wity what we have.

DeTess
2019-03-22, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't say an ASI is worth more than one atunement slot. Many of the best magic items are easily comparable to a feat, if not better.

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-22, 01:05 PM
So I am blessed to currently be enjoying a very Magic rich game currently where we will soon be progressing into mid upper tier.

In the realm of first world problems, we are simply running out of Attunement slots. Many of our PCs are doing well stat wise and as we gaze upon those final ASI / Feat choices we thought we would ask the internets:

How many Attunement slots is an ASI worth?

One, two maybe?

At low levels one may not be worth it, but at high levels, packing another staff or ring can be a big deal.

What does the board think?

Or maybe we just really need to be happy wity what we have.

I'd make it a feat. '

"Increase your maximum number of attunement slots by +1.

Additionally, choose a Saving Throw. While you have an available Attunement slot, you have Proficiency in that Saving Throw."

That way, it's basically a weaker Resilience feat that isn't rendered useless when someone takes your stuff.

SirGraystone
2019-03-22, 01:22 PM
As a DM I made a small change as an house rule to attunements, the number of available attunement is the same as the proficiency bonus, 2 at level 1 then 3 at level 5 and by level 17 they can attune 6 items.

Vogie
2019-03-22, 01:22 PM
It depends on the item - there are some attunement items that raise the eyebrows.

I'd probably allow the effects of certain items to be combined over a long period into super-items

But I like the idea of creating a feat to expand it, maybe connected to a half-feat.

stoutstien
2019-03-22, 06:42 PM
I think you're better off removing the attunement from some of the weaker items.

Snowbluff
2019-03-22, 06:46 PM
I think you're better off removing the attunement from some of the weaker items.

This or I would say make lower rarity items use "less" attunement. Like, put attunement at 9, make Uncommons 1, Rares 2, and Very Rare/Legendary 3. Commons can just not take attunement.

stoutstien
2019-03-22, 06:50 PM
This or I would say make lower rarity items use "less" attunement. Like, put attunement at 9, make Uncommons 1, Rares 2, and Very Rare/Legendary 3. Commons can just not take attunement.
Or maybe quest where you can combine attuned items into one bigger item containing both?
Ioun stons in gauntlet.....
Magic rings added onto daggers to make ring daggers

Xihirli
2019-03-22, 06:55 PM
Perhaps you could locate some smith or sage who could combine some of your items into one inproved model.

ImproperJustice
2019-03-22, 07:25 PM
I think I may pitch to our GM something like this:

Feat: Magical Affinity

You naturally connect with items of a magical nature. Perhaps some part of your inner being has an unusual strength or lienage....

+1 to a Stat of your choice
You can attune to as many as four items.

Lunali
2019-03-22, 09:05 PM
I think I may pitch to our GM something like this:

Feat: Magical Affinity

You naturally connect with items of a magical nature. Perhaps some part of your inner being has an unusual strength or lienage....

+1 to a Stat of your choice
You can attune to as many as four items.

Attunement is worth at least an ASI, not half of one.

Kane0
2019-03-22, 09:13 PM
+1 to a stat of choice and ignore the attunemebt requirement of one common or uncommon magic item