PDA

View Full Version : Pun-Pun Real Alignment

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-22, 09:18 PM
The over godly kobold known as Pun-Pun never mention anything about what his real alignment is. I'm guessing he must be True Neutral or Lawful Neutral. What does everyone else think what his real alignment is?

Karl Aegis
2019-03-22, 11:42 PM
He's Evil because he traded his alignment for ultimate power.

Crake
2019-03-22, 11:56 PM
He's Evil because he traded his alignment for ultimate power.

I don't believe that's quite true. Didn't he start off as a LG paladin, summoning pazuzu and taking one step closer toward CE in exchange for a wish, which put him at either LN or NG?

Jack_Simth
2019-03-23, 12:18 AM
I don't believe that's quite true. Didn't he start off as a LG paladin, summoning pazuzu and taking one step closer toward CE in exchange for a wish, which put him at either LN or NG?

The original was a Psion-12 kobold, alignment irrelevant.

Th "minimal" was an old human Ex-paladin 1, who did trade an alignment step via Pazzazu for the wish to kickstart the process. Pazzazu specifically starts on the L-C axis, so yes, that form is NG. Well, before ascension, anyway. After that, who knows?

Jack_McSnatch
2019-03-23, 12:22 AM
Pun-pun's alignment is Pun-pun. When you operate on his level morality ceases to mean anything.

Lord Raziere
2019-03-23, 12:30 AM
Chaotic Evil. if destroying reality's rules to become omnipotent and screw everyone else isn't the purest expression of Chaotic Evil, I don't know what is.

Crake
2019-03-23, 01:35 AM
and screw everyone else

I don't remember that being part of the build, seems like a projection to me.

Telonius
2019-03-23, 07:57 AM
Lawful Good. Since he has an arbitrarily high amount of Intelligence and Wisdom, he understands that he's a fictional character and stops being a complete jerk about it. He works with the DM to make sure that nobody tries to break the game through abuse of the rules.

Buufreak
2019-03-23, 08:06 AM
Lawful Good. Since he has an arbitrarily high amount of Intelligence and Wisdom, he understands that he's a fictional character and stops being a complete jerk about it. He works with the DM to make sure that nobody tries to break the game through abuse of the rules.

The truest of true answers. Who else but a DM helping rules lawyer would appear and outright smite into oblivion anyone who dares to follow in his footsteps?

Selion
2019-03-23, 08:11 AM
Is there any way pun pun could just change his alignment at will?

InvisibleBison
2019-03-23, 08:23 AM
Is there any way pun pun could just change his alignment at will?

Use wish to create a variant of the helm of opposite alignment that would set his alignment to whatever he desired.
Lower whatever immunities he had that would stop the helm from working.
Don the helm and choose to fail the will save against its effect.
Profit!

Dimers
2019-03-23, 10:38 AM
That seems awfully convoluted. Is self-Mindrape not a thing?

MisterKaws
2019-03-23, 10:43 AM
That seems awfully convoluted. Is self-Mindrape not a thing?

The new him would notice the difference and dispell the enchantment.

Doctor Awkward
2019-03-23, 02:18 PM
I put him at Chaotic Neutral when I built him for an epic campaign I ran.