PDA

View Full Version : Flickering barbarian

Crow_Nightfeath
2019-03-22, 11:34 PM
So let's say we have a barbarian 10/shadowcaster 10 who knows the mystery flicker (not by any means an optimal choice of classes to mix but it's for the sake of what I want to ask.

Flicker
Apprentice/ebon whispers
Level/School: 3/conjuration (teleportation)
Range: personal
Target: you
Duration: 1 round/level (D)

You flash through the conduits and pathways of the Plane of Shadow, manifesting in multiple locations in the real world.

Once per round, as an immediate action, you can instantly transfer yourself from your current location to any other spot within a distance of 5 feet per two caster levels. You always arrive at exactly the spot desired—just as with the spell dimension door. If you cast flicker in response to an attack against you, the strike has a 50% miss chance.

My question is, if he activates flicker and then rages would he be able to use the short range teleports?

Zombulian
2019-03-23, 02:46 AM
So let's say we have a barbarian 10/shadowcaster 10 who knows the mystery flicker (not by any means an optimal choice of classes to mix but it's for the sake of what I want to ask.

Flicker
Apprentice/ebon whispers
Level/School: 3/conjuration (teleportation)
Range: personal
Target: you
Duration: 1 round/level (D)

You flash through the conduits and pathways of the Plane of Shadow, manifesting in multiple locations in the real world.

Once per round, as an immediate action, you can instantly transfer yourself from your current location to any other spot within a distance of 5 feet per two caster levels. You always arrive at exactly the spot desired—just as with the spell dimension door. If you cast flicker in response to an attack against you, the strike has a 50% miss chance.

My question is, if he activates flicker and then rages would he be able to use the short range teleports?

There is no language in the description of Rage that leads me to believe you wouldn’t be able to take advantage of an ability already active on you.

Ashtagon
2019-03-23, 03:29 AM
I'd say that activating specific effects from a spell that require decision making at the time of the activation would require at least some level of concentration, and would therefore be prevented by rage.

If it was an ongoing spell that required no decision-making on the part of the raging character, it would function as normal. Aspects of the spell that require a decision in the moment to work would continue to be present, but the character is incapable of concentrating on the decisions necessary to use that part of the spell.