PDA

View Full Version : I Believe I Can Fly! (PF Spell)

NeoSeraphi
2019-03-23, 05:15 AM
Icarus's Gift
School: Illusion/Enchantment (figment, mind-affecting, compulsion)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2, Trickery 2, Witch 2, Magus 2, Bard 2
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, M (A pair of butterfly wings)
Range: Close
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: Will Disbelief (Automatically)

You create an illusion of a pair of wings, attached to a target creature. The creature is considered to have automatically interacted with the illusion, thus receives a Will save to disbelieve immediately. If the creature fails its Will save, then as an additional mind-affecting effect, it believes that these wings have always been part of its body. The creature believes it has a fly speed of 30' with good maneuverability.

The wings give the creature a +10 morale bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump, which it may do as part of an attempt to take off if it wishes. As a standard action, it may jump up to 30' in the air with a DC 25 Acrobatics check, being treated as if it had a running start. The creature receives a new Will save to disbelieve the illusion each time it takes falling damage during the spell. If the falling damage taken was at least 2d6, the creature receives a +4 circumstance bonus to Disbelieve.

Arkhios
2019-03-23, 06:09 AM
Clever idea for an indirect damaging spell, but how does this actually interact with the creature's speed? I'd make it more clear that the creature may attempt to "fly" up to 30 feet as an Acrobatics check, disregarding normal limits of movement when jumping. Also, it's probably reasonable to allow making the check without requiring running start, to add up on the illusion you could fly. I suppose the intent is to always fall at the end of the jump.

NeoSeraphi
2019-03-23, 02:22 PM
Edited in response to suggestions.