PDA

View Full Version : Master Spellthief + Nar Demonbinder

Zombulian
2019-03-23, 08:08 PM
Hey all. I used to think that Nar Demonbinder was a good PrC pick for a Trickster Spellthief, but I’ve run into a bit of a snag regarding how such a character’s caster level would work.

Your spellthief and arcane spellcaster levels also stack when determining your caster level for all arcane spells.

The demonbinder's caster level is equal to his demonbinder level plus his levels in one other spellcasting class of his choice.

How would you calculate such a character’s CL? If you’re a Spellthief 10/Demonbinder 1 do you add the Demonbinder CL (10+1=11) to your “caster level for arcane spells” (10+1=11) for a total of 22? Or does one make the other redundant?

ExLibrisMortis
2019-03-23, 08:21 PM
I'd say that "arcane spellcaster levels" and "levels in one other spellcaster class" both refer to class levels, rather than CL, in which case it's fairly simple: spellthief levels + Nar Demonbinder levels = CL for spellthief and Nar Demonbinder.

DrMotives
2019-03-23, 09:00 PM
I'd say that "arcane spellcaster levels" and "levels in one other spellcaster class" both refer to class levels, rather than CL, in which case it's fairly simple: spellthief levels + Nar Demonbinder levels = CL for spellthief and Nar Demonbinder.

I second this.