PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Feats for high-level conjuration wizard?

kenGarff
2019-03-23, 10:03 PM
What are the best feats for conjuration wizard?
I am looking to take variant human and I need your help with the feats.
I typically look at resilient-con, war caster, alert, and/or lucky for wizards.
But since a high level conjurer will have Focused Conjuration, I'm not sure about resilient-con and/or war caster. Appreciate your insights as always!

hwem
2019-03-23, 11:25 PM
Unless you are not allowed to take non-conjuration spells, you will most certainly take spells from other schools. Optimized conjurer at any level will most likely have had spells from other schools prepared. And it seems like many DMs try their best to break wizards' concentration...especially at high level. Hence, I'd actually say resilience-con and/or war caster will be the two best feats to take overall. I'd actaully recommend you take both resilience-con and war caster. Alert is very good since spell casters having good initiative is always awesome but I don't think it' as important as maintaining concentration.

CTurbo
2019-03-24, 12:14 AM
Wizards are boring as far as feats go. You want Res(Con) or Warcaster, Lucky, and probably Alert. There aren't very many other feats worth bothering with for Wizards. I could see Tough or Ritual Caster(Cleric) being useful if you've got the stats already.

kenGarff
2019-03-24, 12:29 AM
I forgot focused conjuration is only for conjuration spells. I suppose resilient-con and war caster are two feats I will go for. Thankfully, quite a few conjuration spells seem top tier even for high level wizards. I may also take lucky and alert also and just max INT and stay with 16 DEX and Con then. Thanks.