PDA

View Full Version : Curse of Strahd Magic Items

poopyloop
2019-03-24, 12:26 AM
Hey guys. So I'm running Curse of Strahd for my friends and I've been trying to find a list of magic items that are available in the campaign, which has been successful. However, I cannot find a list of where the items are at. I just want a quick reference of where they are all at, just in case I miss anything in the course of things. I know where a small handful of them are, but looking at the exhaustive list and trying to find them all among all the locations isn't easy. Just thought some of you might be able to either throw some out by memory at least, or if you know of anything to watch out for in the book. Obviously a complete list would be ideal, if possible.

Musthelog
2019-03-24, 12:54 AM
If your talking about the Sunsword and the Idol of Ravenloft as well as the Book than we cant help with that. You need to do the card reading to determine where those items are.

poopyloop
2019-03-24, 02:34 AM
If your talking about the Sunsword and the Idol of Ravenloft as well as the Book than we cant help with that. You need to do the card reading to determine where those items are.

No not at all. I specifically mean the other less important items, specifically the ones not listed in the back of the book, the less plot heavy ones. Like the +1 weapons and other goodies. I just want to make sure I don't skip over them accidentally.

DrKerosene
2019-03-24, 03:55 AM
Do you mean something like this?

-Z7, page 204, has mundane treasure that is cursed. If that counts.
-Y4, page 198, has a magic axe of killing plants.
-X40, page 195, mentions a silvered rapier in pile 2.
-X38, page 194, has a scroll of Wall Of Fire.
X35, page 194, has a Shield Guardian, if you think that is “loot”, the control amulet is in X9.
-X30, page 189, theoretically has every wizard spell in a bunch of spellbooks.
-X28, page 189, holds a lich’s phylactery, does that count?
-X27, page 189, has the lich’s spellbook.
-X22, page 188, has a magic ewer of poison to wine.
-X20, page 187, has a Tome Of Understanding.
-X17, page 187, has a (lightly cursed?) Staff Of Frost.
-X9, page 186, Spellbook and Shield Guardian Amulet. Perhaps the Quasit can be bargained with to become a Familiar.
-X5A, page 184, has a spellbook and a Robe Of Useful Items.
-X2, page 183, has a Wand Of Secrets.

If you use the reddit Curse Of Strahd Reloaded there is some added stuff, like a few cantrips in a diary for Rose in Death House. Otherwise:
-Secret Room 9 has some spell scrolls with the Deed to Bonegrinder.
-25E contains a silvered shortsword, which seems like it is closer to magic treasure than money-tokens.
-Room 31 has an arcane focus, does that count?
-Room 34 has a spellbook and other things.
-I like room 35, but it is technically mundane stuff.

Or did you just want confirmation on things like:
-Esmerelda and Rictavio have special items listed in their stat-blocks.
-Kasimir has a wizard spellbook, he also has a Ring Of Warmth (chapter 5, area N9a).
-Vladimir Horngaard has a +2 Greatsword.
-The “Gift of Mother Night” to Baby Lysaga might be considered a type of loot, if the PCs care for immortality.
-I would consider most of the Dark Blessings to also be loot.
-At that point, Animated Brooms and Piddlewick2 may be “loot” too.
-That crypt of a time-travelling king with a musket and silver bullets also has a dragon-wing suit that kinda provides flight.
-You should already know page 200 has the Blood Spear

poopyloop
2019-03-24, 01:03 PM
Do you mean something like this?

Yes all this is great, I appreciate it. I am using the base game, so if there is anything else you can think that would be amazing. Seems you have a good handle on it all. Spellbooks and similar things aren't too much of an issue though, Random magic loot would be good tho, if its somethign interesting the PCs would like to use.

Bel-Torac
2019-03-24, 11:51 PM
This google spreadsheet is used for Adventurer's League items on other tabs, but it has everything listed down for Curse of Strahd and other hardcovers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1omoTExpdh7cdiq9NnfVpf6-CnAkGRbA-FMIiNaZXpvg/edit#gid=769801076