PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2

Eldred
2007-09-30, 01:50 PM
Hey.

So, are there any active BF2 players in the Playground? I've just bought the Complete Collection and wanted to know if there were any GitP groups or not.

Also, although I've bought the Complete, even though I've registered Special Forces, I can't play on any of the SF maps. Could anyone help me out with that? Have I missed something in the registration?

Thanks. :smallsmile:

Krursk
2007-10-01, 12:12 AM
Well, I play Battlefield 2142. That's slightly similar, but different

Eldred
2007-10-01, 11:50 AM
Ahh right. What's BF2142 like? I had considered buying it originally, but I had heard BF2 was still a lot better, and so went for it instead.

*grumbles as he downloads Highway Tampa* :smallannoyed:

I might consider getting BF2142 at some point, but if I am, I am definitely going to have to improve the RAM and graphics on this machine. I struggle with BF2 as it is!!

Ronsian
2007-10-01, 02:03 PM
First thing, are you in the Special Forces or Battlefield 2? I have the collection (don't play alot), and you have two play disks. One for the original and one for the expansion. Mostly I play the original online, because I like the maps better and I think there are more people on. Also, do you have punkbuster? Some places will boot you not for having it, and always sort by ping. I try to join something with a ping less the 200 or so.

Eldred
2007-10-01, 03:25 PM
My game is "Battlefield 2: Complete Collection", which combines all the games on to a single disk. So, technically, it should work.

Also, in small print, it says:

Registration via internet required for Euro Force and Armored Fury content. Registration required to access online features of Battlefield 2 and Special Forces Expansion Pack.

That's fair enough - I have three seperate serial numbers for the game: one for BF2, one for SF, and one for the mini-expansions. However, after registering Special Forces through EA Link (or whatever they changed the name to), I still can't access the SF maps. :smallannoyed:

Krursk
2007-10-02, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=Eldred;3275806]Ahh right. What's BF2142 like? I had considered buying it originally, but I had heard BF2 was still a lot better, and so went for it instead.QUOTE]

Well, 2142 tries out a few new ideas. Mostly, you need to get used to the fact that without unlocks, you don't have some of the awesome kit.

Hawriel
2007-10-02, 07:13 PM
You cant swich back and forth between BF2 and BF2 special forces. They are two different games. Even though you can use the spec forces disk to run the origional game and you need BF2 installed to install spec forces. Thats just marketing. You have to quit one game to start the other. Oh and even though you can see the other games maps the server listings. You should have two desk top icons as well. A red and a green 2 for eather game. Of corse sence you have the collection it might be different.

BF2142 is a pritty fun game. AA missiles are a pain in the butt, still easer to use than in BF2. Best of all one fo the unlocks is a man portable AA weapon. Its used insted of the anti tank gun. There are no jets it has a VTOL attack chopper instead. Kinda cool but very easy to shoot down. Titan mode is fun. but if you play remmeber it dont matter how well your defending your ship if the other team controles the silos you lose.