PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder, IC) Shattered Star/Jade Regent Prologue

hobbes543
2019-03-24, 06:12 PM
You arrive at Heidmarch Manor in the Alabaster district of Magnimar. While the house and out buildings are surrounded by a wall, the gate is open. The manor, home of Sheila Heidmarchm the local Venture Captain, and her husband Sir Canayven Heidmarch, is known to always be open to visitors during the day. You are greeted at the door by a servant. He looks you up and down and smiles. "You have been expected. Please, right this way."

He motions for you to step inside and points to some seats in the foyer. "Please have a seat. The venture Captain will be with you once all have arrived." With that, he strides off to attend to other business of the house.

The Foyer is decorated with paintings of far off lands and there are several pedestals around the room with various artifacts. The furniture is well made, but more functional in looks than what one would expect for a manor house in the most well appointed district in the city.

Please introduce your character. Once everyone is here I will move on. I hope to do so tomorrow evening around 7PM eastern

MesiDoomstalker
2019-03-24, 07:01 PM
The tiefling strides into the foyer with chin held high, literally looking down his nose at... nothing, for his height made the gesture impractical at actually staring at anything's face. He fingered the lapels of his ragged coat, acting as if it were made by the finest clothier. Oh I'm sure she's expecting me. Go ahead and call her; tell her Sir Salsar has arrived. Chop chop! He clapped his hands once and froze, expecting the servant to move post-haste to fetch the Venture Captain. When he inevitably didn't, Larum harrumphed and flounced off to stare dutifully at some artwork. Anyone who watched him quickly picked up that his gaze was vacant and not at all appreciating the works.

twistedraja
2019-03-24, 07:27 PM
A half-elf woman dressed in a gaudy and expensive red dress studded with various gems enters the room, a minor look of irritation crosses her face as she sees she will have to wait for more to arrive. Her hand bearing a signet ring, she is a noble by appearance. Her gaze is at first imperious as she impatiently takes in the scenery of the room, clearly unimpressed. Her gaze quickly softens as she notices the other occupant of the room. Somewhat hesitant at first to move towards the other who is waiting after taking in their appearance. She approaches and takes a seat near the tiefling and asks, "any idea how many we have to wait for?"

Hiei
2019-03-24, 08:04 PM
Whisper walked the halls of the local Pharasmin Cathedral, located in Magnimar. She has only been there for 4 days, none of which had she left the grounds. Morigna had instructed her that on the 4th day, being today, Whisper would seek out the home of the local Venture Captain. She didnt know why, nor did she ask. When a Psychopomp of the Boneyard gives a task to a Duskwalker, they are usually all but too happy to oblige. The fact that Morigna was also her teacher hadn't escaped the fact either. She was getting prepared to leave, preparing her gear, and dressing when a voice all but gave her a startle.

"Why do you take so long to prepare, if you would bypass the clothing and the staff we would be on our way already." The voice came not in the audible but directly projected into her thoughts. She whips her head around and glares at a somewhat, large for its species, solid white Crow. Resting upon a sill near a stained glass, the Crow tilts his head and glares right back. Without opening its mouth he inquires, "What, we do have an appointment to keep. "Will you just shut up." the words are not audible from her side either. Her nose is pinched up in the expression she gives the snow colored bird.

When she finishes and stands by the exit of the Cathedral, lifting her staff and bringing it down to the ground with a forceful thud, the white avian lands deliberately on her right shoulder. "Now I know we are new here, so......perhaps.... I should do the talking." The bird caws and the silence is finally broken. Whisper kicks up her shoulder, in a jerking quickness, but the bird seemed unfazed, remaining on its perch.

On her way through the town her stride is graceful and confident. She doesnt spare glances at anyone or anything though, travelling with her head straight down. A light fabric, dark colored, and hooded long flowing cloak completely covers her face. If anyone took a second to look they might wonder how she was even aware of which direction she was going. She dodged around carts and travellers on horseback, avoided playing children and the hustle of the town with an unbelievable accuracy.

She pushes open the door to the destination residence just catching the end of an existing conversation. "Chop Chop" as a tiefling of unremarkable attire turns his attention away from what appears to be a servant of the house.

jamieth
2019-03-25, 01:03 AM
A young elven woman - well, young for the elf, meaning she's not even close to the middle of her second century yet - with relatively pale skin, draped in the Minkaian silken robe appears in front of the Manor. Her gliding steps almost look like she's just dragging her feet on the floor, but the lack of clapping sounds coming from her wooden shoes must mean she's just very careful at placing her feet instead. That, combined with her attire, and a large fan hanging from her sash, make her look like a dancer, or an entertainer of some sort - but a long curved sheath hanging on the other side suggests otherwise.

She takes a good look at the mansion through the half-closed eyes before knocking on the door and being let inside. When the servant asks her to wait, she just gives him a small nod with a faint smile and goes on to look at the paintings, gazing at each with the same half-closed, but attentive eye.

Kallimakus
2019-03-25, 05:21 AM
Lyn walks through the gates, still a bit in a daze. It was her first time in Magnimar. News of a new venture had reached her ears, and she had decided to seize the moment. Hiring a coach to the big city, she had arrived to gawk at the titanic bridge, and the soaring architecture of the city, sights far beyond anything she had seen. The destination, too, was grander than any she had previously visited.

A human woman, warrior from her garb clad in scale mail and carrying a shield on her back and a curved scimitar by her side. She enters the manor, trying to take everything in, walking to the center of the room and taking a circuit, turning around on the spot before walking to the side. She flashes a friendly smile to the others already gathered, and waves her hand in greeting.

"Good morning"

Greenflame133
2019-03-25, 07:22 AM
Lexara walks down the street. Her slow pace and heavy boots would absolutely allow her to make her foot steep heard, yet she steps nimbly and quietly. Finally she find the door. 'this must be the place' she thinks walking. Any thought she had are initially disbursed by the servants grating. It is a relive to hear, but she must let him know, after all. She is a professional. "Very well" she says following him to the room. Quick look and she immunity noticed 'quite a lot of women, this should be fun'. She looks down at her simple shirt and pants, faded black jacket reaching all the way to the knees and brown pointy hat in her hand. Not very impressive, but at least she has her long silver gray hair and amber eyes. Looks around some more. They got weapons and backpacks, moust likely full of gear. Meanwhile she hardly would have anything to put in a backpack if she had one. 'no point in overthinking' she finally decided before sitting down, and placing her hat on crossed legs.

She may appear human but precession DC 23 will reveal it is not the case.

DaOldeWolf
2019-03-25, 12:48 PM
Asher had just made it in time into the city. He had just arrrived from his long journey from Osirion to Varisia. He had no time to check the city. He ran towards the reunion point as fast as his legs would let him. When he finally reaches the gate, he lets himself catch his breath. It was an embarrasing situation to be put in considering his own talents. I can still make it. Just remember, this is your chance. You have to make sure to leave a good impression, at least as good as you can make it considering circumstances. He thinks before he finally addresses the servant waiting at the door.

"Good morning. I hope I am not too late for the reunion. I just arrived all the way from Osirion." Asher replies to the servant while making a small vow.

"Please have a seat. The venture Captain will be with you once all have arrived."

Asher decides to follow instructions and wait at the foyer. He sees all sorts of people around and decides to greet. "Greetings. Please excuse my curiosity but may I ask if you were all summoned here to listen a proposition from our host Sheila Heidmarch?"

MesiDoomstalker
2019-03-25, 01:20 PM
Larum turned as the others arrived, picking on the one who addressed him directly. Oh I'm sure its a number of note. Our host is likely being polite; she certainly won't need all of them for the task she has for me. He waved his hand dismissively towards the others, not quite making eye contact with anyone, even the half-elf woman he was talking to.

BramsesII
2019-03-25, 03:42 PM
Dala rushes through the streets of Magnimar, headed for Heidmarch Manor. It's not that far from Serpent's Run to the Alabaster district, but preparations took a bit longer than anticipated. She does a quick mental rundown of her equipment; Battil told her to pack for a long journey, and so the young woman is prepared for anything. I packed my tools, my alchemy kit, my formulae book... other useful things like writing gear and such... I should be ready to go. Now if I hadn't dropped my earplugs under the bed I would've been earlier, but I really shouldn't travel without them. She hustles quickly through the streets...

And so, Dala is one of the last people to walk through the door of the mansion. She strides in confidently, carrying a massive axe and sporting a big toothy grin on her face. At least, taking a close look reveals that it's a she. The half-orc grunts something at the servant when told to take a seat: "s'alright." It's only then that she seems to notice there are other people there as well. She looks them all over for a moment before plopping down in a seat. She winks - at noone in particular - before speaking.

"Hey. You all here for the mission? Famous Serpent Runner Dog-Face is here to join. Brought my axe." She grins another big toothy grin.

DaOldeWolf
2019-03-25, 04:56 PM
"Hey. You all here for the mission? Famous Serpent Runner Dog-Face is here to join. Brought my axe." She grins another big toothy grin.

Asher decides to answer the question feeling better knowing that he was in the right place afterall considering the question brought up by the half orc.. "I also came here for the same reason. My name is Asher. It is a pleasure making your acquaintance." Asher replies to her trying to remain strictly formal and polite.

hobbes543
2019-03-25, 06:01 PM
A tall woman enters the foyer from a small antechamber of the side of the room. She looks to be late thirties, with black hair and slightly angular features. She is wearing a brightly colored blue and green dress in the Varisian style.

"Greetings," Her voice is low with a slight accent that one would say was sultry. "Welcome to Magnimar and Varisia's only Pathfinder Lodge." She looks over those assembled in the foyer and frowns for a moment. "It seems we are still missing one. Well, if you will all follow me, we do have much to discuss and I have kept you waiting."

She moves forward through the room with a fluid grace and opens the doors at the far end of the room heading into another hallway with a set of stairs heading off the left side, a couple doors on the right side as well as at the end. She stops at the second door on the right and motions. "Right this way if you will. Please take a seat and help yourself."

As you enter the room, you find it is a large dining room, dominated by a table surrounded by chairs. On the table are various platters with meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables. Baskets of warm bread are also present as well as carafes of wine. In the center of the table is a small keg of ale. As the last of you enters the room, the woman turns to the servant who had greeted you at the door. "Henri, I believe there is one or two more who will still be joining us. Could show them in here, if they should arrive?"

"Of course, Madam"

After Henri leaves the woman sits down at an empty seat. "I do apologize for keeping you waiting. I am Sheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain of the Varisian Lodge of the Pathfinder Society. I am glad you all were able to accept my invitation. You all come highly recommended by my local agents and I have a couple of important missions. Missions that are better handled by those outside the society, or from lodges far from here. But, we will wait to see if any more arrive before I lay out my propositions. Please, eat, drink and get to know each other. I suspect you will be working closely together soon" With that she pours herself a glass of wine and sits back to observe the group of adventurers before her.

Hiei
2019-03-25, 06:50 PM
Whisper listens to everyone as they introduce themselves. However she does not take the time to do so herself yet, preferring to take in what is happening, and wondering why Morigna sent her here. She doesnt lift her head as the next couple people pile into the room. Her clothing shows off her midsection and she appears to be quite fit. Toned abs and a defined waistline, her skin the color of dull silver.

The door on the far end opens and a tall woman with black hair enters the room. She collects the ensemble that has gathered within and leads them down a hallway, Whisper moving from her spot she had stood and falling in line not first , but not last, passing a couple that were finishing up their conversation before stepping in as well. She moves with an eerie flow not taking her head off the ground, somehow not running into anything despite her face being covered by the dark hood. The statuesque bird perched on her shoulder looking left and and right as they pass a set of stairs and another door.

She enters a large dining room with a rather generous spread of food layed out. Snow lifts his wings for a split second as Whisper takes in the scent of the bread. Whisper chooses not to sit, instead finding a spot to the side where she will not be in the way of anyone walking past. She again stands in almost the identical stance she had while waiting in the previous room, the animal perched on her shoulder looking around at everything in this new scenery.

DaOldeWolf
2019-03-25, 07:56 PM
Asher is glad to finally meet with Sheila. He raised his eyebrow when Sheila mentioned the two missing guests. His thoughs were cleared out when she mentions that there were two missions on the plate. Asher let out a big sigh of relief since it mostly likely meant the other people in the room were potentail companions rather than the competition for the job.

Asher is quite impressed by the variety of food offered by the table. He smelled with curiosity the scents on the table, some familiar, most new to him. Before taking any of the food, he decides to reply to the host in appreciation. "Thank you very much for the food." He replies with a big and hungry smile since he hadnt eaten on the morning. He decides to put some of the unknown food that attracted his attention the most on his plate. He then starts to eat them one by one.

Greenflame133
2019-03-26, 02:58 AM
"Thank you for the food, lady Heidmarch. Turning to the rest of the group. "At per my introduction, I am Lexara a lightning mage and I look forward to working with all of you." With that she head to the table and takes a seat.

jamieth
2019-03-26, 03:54 AM
"Thank you, Heidmarch-dono", Hisako replies with a curt nod. Of course, the idea that she could refuse that invitation never crossed her mind; and starts eating, visibly struggling with the utensils... before she finally surrenders and switches to strictly things she can handle with her hands.
She eats in silence, throwing quick glances around... while curiosity almost kills her, it is not the time for asking questions. That would be after she receives her orders...

twistedraja
2019-03-26, 10:56 AM
Mili smiles as Sheila finally meets with the gathered adventurers and moves with haste to follow her. When she is asked to sit and wait again she is mildly disappointed but the food turns her mood around. "Thank you Venture Captain, I hope we can get to business soon if these missions truly are important!" Mili would briefly greet anyone seated near to her but her stomach is growling with hunger and so she digs in. Once she starts eating she gives little thought to any noble manners she may have learned in the past and largely ignores the others who are seated to focus on the food.

MesiDoomstalker
2019-03-26, 01:45 PM
Larum smirked as the venture captain finally arrived, which quickly died as she failed to address him directly. It quickly evolved into a scowl when the impertinent woman took the head of the table. Like a sullen child, he stomped to the nearest empty seat, staring daggers at Laxara while he angrily munched on some crackers. He made a point of doing so excessively loudly.

Kallimakus
2019-03-26, 02:10 PM
Lyn follows with the crowd, casting a last lingering gaze at the room they were in. She takes a seat by the table, stacking food on her plate. She seats herself near Lexara, the only one that gave their name thus far.

"Hello. I'm Lyn. Umm... From Sandpoint." she tries to sound confident. "Paladin of Sarenrae" she says.

She occasionally glances at the others seated at the table with her, and sends expectant glances at Venture Captain Sheila.

Greenflame133
2019-03-26, 03:00 PM
Lexara was eating with the rest, however she didn't tried to simply consume as much as others, but rather enjoying the activity. However like others she dosn't limit herself in amount and as a result she already eaten a fair bit. "Hello Lynn, please to meet. I'm glad to see at least some of us don't go completely blind sighted when food enters the picture."

Hiei
2019-03-26, 03:41 PM
"Sarenrae is a noble God to serve. Healing is seen as a good thing to the Lady of Graves. And she respects her for it." a voice interrupts from the side. When those speaking turn about, the woman has not moved. The white bird however has switched shoulders to place himself closer to the conversation. If no one was actively paying attention to her, ((and I dont know why anyone would of been)) they might not of noticed that it was actually the bird that spoke.

BramsesII
2019-03-26, 03:58 PM
Dala

"Well met, Asher." The half-orc offers him a hand to shake. When the offer of food comes, she files into the room after Asher and takes a seat, setting her large axe aside to the wall behind her. She waits for a moment to see most of the others tucking in to the food before carefully putting a napkin on her lap, placing a fairly modest amount of food on her plate and eating it in a much more civilized manner than would be expected from someone like her.

She looks around at everyone gathered and speaks up after finishing a bite. "So. I'm Dog-Face. That's my stage name, real name's Dala. Good to meet you all." She takes another bite and finishes it. "Anyone have any idea what sort of mission we're here for?"

hobbes543
2019-03-26, 08:20 PM
Sheila looks around the table and then stops when her gaze falls on Whisper. "Please, take a seat. Make yourself comfortable." She continues her visual circuit of the room. "While we are waiting for the final guest to arrive, why don't you all introduce yourselves and tell me a bit about yourself? I am curious to learn about those I will be working with shortly."

Just waiting for one more person to check in here and we can move this along. I intend to get the real games going this weekend

MesiDoomstalker
2019-03-26, 08:41 PM
Larum stood, brushing crumbs from his tattered clothes with an air of superiority that didn't match his appearance. He cleared his throat before speaking in a slightly shrill voice. I am Larum Salsar, as I'm sure you already know, dear Shelly. I came from humble beginnings not far from here, in a quaint little town called Sandpoint. My travels have taken me far and wide and I've encountered many strange and interesting things in my time. He patted the battered and pitted hunk of metal sitting at his hip. And I've found my fair share of interesting treasures as well. I'm sure you've heard of my exploits and that's why you called me here. He plastered a smug grin on his face, as if he expected applause or quiet reverence for simply speaking.

jamieth
2019-03-27, 02:37 AM
Whatever reaction Larum expected to get, he certainly didn't get it from Hisako, who listened to the introduction with the same careless expression. After that, she stands up herself, and finally opens her eyes wide. In fact, she stands perfectly straight, looking forward, like a soldier at attention - though her outfit somewhat harms the image.
"My name is Hisako. I have no right for my real family name, so my papers say Silvertree, in honor of the land I hail from. I have been ordered by my master to travel to Magnimar, seek out Heidmarch-dono and take on her orders to the best of my ability."
Finishing speaking, she gives a polite bow to everyone around and sits back, snapping back to her usual indifferent expression. She wasn't stupid, after all, and realized the actual reason she was sent here... learn the customs and culture of the lands beyond Jinin. Well, it didn't mean she would treat Sheila's orders any less seriously, of course.

DaOldeWolf
2019-03-27, 10:13 AM
Dala

"Well met, Asher." The half-orc offers him a hand to shake. When the offer of food comes, she files into the room after Asher and takes a seat, setting her large axe aside to the wall behind her. She waits for a moment to see most of the others tucking in to the food before carefully putting a napkin on her lap, placing a fairly modest amount of food on her plate and eating it in a much more civilized manner than would be expected from someone like her.

She looks around at everyone gathered and speaks up after finishing a bite. "So. I'm Dog-Face. That's my stage name, real name's Dala. Good to meet you all." She takes another bite and finishes it. "Anyone have any idea what sort of mission we're here for?"
He accepts the handshake. When he hears Dala make the question about the mission, he replies to her. "Dont know either but I am certain we will recieve the details soon. Personally, I am hoping it will involve exploration of some sort."

Sheila looks around the table and then stops when her gaze falls on Whisper. "Please, take a seat. Make yourself comfortable." She continues her visual circuit of the room. "While we are waiting for the final guest to arrive, why don't you all introduce yourselves and tell me a bit about yourself? I am curious to learn about those I will be working with shortly."

He wasnt sure about what to think about Larum´s introduction. Something seemed a bit off but he wasnt sure what exactly. He then heard Hisako and was glad to find out he wasnt the only stranger to Varisia. Considering the situation and guessing that the host wanted them to warm up to each other, he decided to take the next turn to present himself. He starts by clearing his throat before he starts speaking to signal he is about to speak.

"Hello. Its a pleasure meeting you all on this day. I hope we get to meet each other better and get along." He starts trying to be polite and friendly to the other guests. "My name is Asher Swiftclaw. I have been working for some time for the Pathfinder Society as a frontline healer in the defense division in Osirion. Thank you all very much for your attention." He replies while vowing slightly and giving the rest a chance to speak and present themselves.

BramsesII
2019-03-27, 02:49 PM
Dala

Dala looks up from her food at Larum and arches a brow, wondering if all people from Sandpoint are like that. He couldn't be all bluster; there's no way he'd have received an invitation if that's the case. She shakes her head a little and looks at everyone gathered around the table. Then, she speaks up with a grin on her face.

"Right. So, I'm Dog-face, Dala for friends. Those who've ever been to Serpent's Run might've seen me in the arena. I've been fighting there for a few years now, and I got bored." No point in telling these people that all the fighting there is fake. If they know, they know. If not; eh, it's not important. "Beside that, I've picked up lots of random bits of knowledge. I know my way around a trap or two, and I'm quite good at being scary."

"Oh, and if there's one thing my time in the Run taught me, it's how to read my opponents. So don't think about lying to me."

Hiei
2019-03-27, 03:52 PM
"How interesting, a second healer. And a pit fighter....hmmmm." With that the white Crow jumps from the womans shoulder and onto the table. Pecking a piece of bread out of the basket and eating on that. "We are from the Boneyard, you may consider us direct extensions of the Grey Lady. The vessel does not need to sit, she is fine." shooting a glance at Whisper as he finishes a morsel of bread, though it looked too big for the birds maw, he gulped it down none the less. Whisper this whole time still has not moved.

twistedraja
2019-03-27, 09:54 PM
When Sheila again speaks Mili looks up from her food and finishes eating almost immediately. She waits to see if anyone answers the Venture Captain's question quickly and then when there is a chance she introduces herself. "I am Mili Kaddren, Paladin of Iomadae and very hungry I must apologize for my rudeness! I've been running odd jobs up and down the city in recent time, helping people in the inheritor's name and I seem to have neglected eating much in that time!" She finishes with a nervous laugh that she does her best to try to stifle and adopts a serious face. "I'm ready to accept some more formal work, especially if it can do some good around here."

hobbes543
2019-03-28, 09:47 PM
“Good, now that you are all here, we can discuss business.” Sheila smiles, purposely ignoring the teifling. Two can play that game she thought wryly. “Recent events in the area require intervention. Unfortunately, eyebrows would be raised if the Lodge were seen to be taking too much interest in them, which could lead to people being hurt.”

Sheila pauses for a moment. “The first issue is increased goblin activity in the marshes south of Sandpoint. They have grown bolder of late, attacking small caravans and lone travelers on the road. They also seem to have come into possession of fireworks. A friend of mine, Ameiko, will be able to fill those of you who pursue this in once you are in Sandpoint. As you can see, overt interest in this could spread panic among the people.”

Sheila sips her wine. “Now, the second job is more local. Not long ago I sent an agent who has ties to the local Scarni gangs to track down an artifact. She hasn't checked in recently and I need some of you to find out what happened. If word gets out that the pathfinders are looking for her, things may not end well for her."

Sheila sets her glass down. "Now, if you all could let me know your preferences, I can decide on the optimal groups to pursue these missions."

drayen
2019-03-28, 10:34 PM
The door opened as Henri stepped in to admit one of the aforementioned laggers. The man who followed was well over six feet with long pale blond hair and beard, blue eyes and wind burnt skin. He was wearing hard leathers with a short bow over one arm and a backpack hanging from both. All of his clothing seemed to be mismatched shades of brown. If he was intimidating in his appearance what traipsed in his tracks ruined the effect. Plodding into the room was a small brown bear, really just more than a cub, it's nose high up in the air sniffing at the various aromas of food wafting throughout the room.

Looking around at the gathered, he met as many eyes as would meet his before settling on Lady Heidmarch. "Passed through Sandpoint. Asked to come here. Never knew there was a difference between a town and a city. Good lesson."

Verbally spent, he moved to the table, grabbed up tow handfuls of food which he turned and gave to the bear before sitting down at an empty seat.

DaOldeWolf
2019-03-28, 10:43 PM
Asher think about the options for a moment while he positioned himself by crossing his arms while giving it a thought. He wanted to have a glorious adventure and the second choice sounded like a great opportunity for exploration of old ruins and for a potentially thrilling experience with huge rewards as an added extra. The first option was also quite a noble goal in helping others and it allowed for the possibility for more potential in exploring new territories.

He decides to seize the moment and pick a choice before anyone else. "First of all, I want to thank you once again for giving us both of this great missions. I think they both seem pretty important and I am glad I have been given the trust for such tasks. And while I see the positives of both missions, I think I am attracted a bit more by the idea of searching for this secret artifact that you mentioned. I will gladly join in assisting on this glorious quest." he declares with a wide and sincere smile.

MesiDoomstalker
2019-03-28, 11:01 PM
Larum sat down stiffly as no one deigned to acknowledge his robust self-importance. He listened to the others introduce themselves, forcing himself to not roll his eyes. He finally perked up as Sheila gave a quick rundown of the two jobs. The second sounded very interesting. And by interesting, he meant paid well. But it also sounded dangerous and he wasn't willing to put his neck out for a few coins. And certainly not for Sheila's precious little bauble, whatever it was. The first sounded much safer; Goblins were annoying little pests but were easy to stamp down. I've been meaning to go back home at some point. Might as well do something useful while there. He said it casually, as if the task was beneath him.

BramsesII
2019-03-29, 03:56 AM
Dala

Dala thinks for a moment. It shouldn't be that hard a choice, really. Once she reached a conclusion for herself she speaks: "Hrm. Both offers sound interesting. But I think my expertise is best used here. I know the city, and I know it's people a bit. I've never been to Sandpoint and fighting goblins never happened in the Run."

"So, my preference would be the local job."

Greenflame133
2019-03-29, 09:19 AM
Hearing Dala goes on the local mission she decides to go with her. She seemed like a very fine companion but being on the other side of the room the didn't get to talk too much. Besides with strong lady in the frontlines distracting enemies, Lexara will be able to do her lighting thing without distractions. Yes, that sounds like a good plan "I shall go search for the artefact as well."

Kallimakus
2019-03-29, 03:36 PM
Lyn caoughs a little as she hears of the goblins near Sandpoint. After she had left here, there was trouble home? Still, the venture-captain didn't seem so worried. She tries to remain calm.

"There are goblins around Sandpoint?" she asks, concerned. "I'm going to address that."

"Assuming it's alright. It's my home and all" she finishes sheepishly.

twistedraja
2019-03-29, 03:45 PM
After hearing the two mission Mili nods, "I'm more of a local girl myself and I've come up against that gang before. I'll throw my lot in with the local group."

Hiei
2019-03-29, 03:54 PM
"Well, the less traveling overall the better, so I think we will stay.......... What?" the talking bird cuts himself off and shoots his eyes at the still woman. Tilting his head "Why?? Thats....." he pecks at another piece of bread then speaks resigned, "We will accompany the Paladin of Sarenrae. The one known as Lyn."

drayen
2019-03-29, 05:25 PM
The blond haired man looked up at the Sandpointer's words, "There were many goblin tribes near Sandpoint." His voice has a lilting quality, an almost sing-song cadence.

BramsesII
2019-03-30, 04:16 PM
Dala

Dala looks at the foreign-looking elf. "I think most of us have spoken our preference. What about you, miss? Would you rather fight goblins or are you joining us on the hunt for a lost agent?" She grins. "Or maybe you could go either way?"

jamieth
2019-03-31, 04:42 AM
"I will take on the mission Heidmarch-dono considers it most fitting to employ me on", Hisako replies, surprised that something that obvious needs to be answered. "That said, if you are interested in my opinion, people of Sandpoint would me more cooperative to those who are either native to the region, or at least were there before. Meanwhile, mission here in Magnimar, as I was made to understand, requires the agents to not be known as such to the locals..."
Notably, throughout the short speech she doesn't even once touch the question of her personal preference.

Kallimakus
2019-03-31, 01:11 PM
"Oh, hello." Lyn says to the bird. "I've never talked to a bird before? Are you friends with her?"

BramsesII
2019-03-31, 02:22 PM
Dala

Dala nods. More to herself than anything, really. She looks at Hisako. "I'll take that to mean that you can go either way. Good to know." The half-orc then turns to Sheila. "So, what'll it be, miss? Where's everyone going to be sent?"

hobbes543
2019-03-31, 06:48 PM
"I believe I have made my decisions." Sheila smiles. "Lyn, Larum, Bjorn and Lexara, I would like you to address the issue in Sandpoint. I know you would prefer to stay here, Lexara, but I believe your skills would be more beneficial helping Ameiko."

"That means Asher, Dala, Mili, Hisako and Whisper will aid me in finding my lost agent. Whisper, while I admire your courage in wanting to travel to Sandpoint, I couldn't knowingly send you somewhere that you would face more dangers than your companions just because of who you are."

"Now, for those of you heading to Sandpoint, I have arrainged passage on a trader who is leaving with the tide this evening. You should be in Sandpoint by the morning. If you could check in with Ameiko at the Rusty Dragon when you arrive, she will have more information for you." Sheila looks to the other group.

"The rest of you, if you could attend me here at ten bells tomorrow morning, I will explain more then."

Jade Regent IC: Go here! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?584672-Jade-Regent-(Pathfinder-IC)&p=23814352#post23814352)

Shattered Star IC: Go here! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?584674-Shattered-Star-(Pathfinder-IC)&p=23814358#post23814358)