PDA

View Full Version : Segev's Vitalist Question Thread

Segev
2019-03-24, 10:17 PM
Is it an error that hostile empathic transfer is not on the vitalist list, but the soul thief method gives a class feature to expressly enhance it without giving it as a bonus power or adding it to the vitalist list? Or am I missing something?

I know you could get it with extra power, but a class feature that requires you to take a specific feat to use it at all seems a bit badly designed.

Powerdork
2019-03-24, 10:47 PM
Hostile empathic transfer is a 3rd-level vitalist power (see the vitalist power list, Ultimate Psionics pg. 157 or Psionics Expanded pg. 147, and the hostile empathic transfer power description, UltPsi pg. 192). Whatever source you're consulting either was published prior to the vitalist class or has made an error and should be contacted to issue a correction.

Or perhaps check the list you're looking at for empathic transfer, hostile since alphabetization is weird sometimes.

Segev
2019-03-25, 01:08 AM
Ah, thanks. The source I was using is the pfd20srd.com site, here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/empathic-transfer#TOC-Empathic-Transfer-Hostile

So that is in error. Weirdly, it does correctly list “Vitalist 2” in the non-hostile Empatric Transfer on the same page.

Thanks again!

Segev
2019-03-25, 09:29 AM
New Vitalist question. When it says that a creature who leaves the collective for any reason loses all benefits they may have gained from being in the collective, this obviously doesn't refer to things like hit points gained from healing. It obviously does include the ability to receive buffs and healing from the vitalist via Network powers. Does it also include immediate cessation of active powers that only could be targeted on them due to being in the collective?

e.g., if a Vitalist manifests Vigor for 20 temp hp on the barbarian, and the barbarian leaves the collective a couple of rounds later (while there's still plenty of duration on Vigor left), does the barbarian retain the temp hp for the duration, or does he lose them immediately? Similar questions regarding other buff spells, like Animal Affinity.

I'm unclear if "already-cast spells/manifested powers" count as benefits lost, or if it's just the ability to receive additional ones.

Edit to add: When you use Unwilling Participant to force somebody into the Collective, it says they're considered "willing" for all "collective-related effects." Collective Healing says, "In any case, the original recipient of the healing effect chooses whether to allow the diverted healing." Does being considered "willing" for "collective-related effects" mean they are considered to have chosen to permit the diversion, or does this particular wording mean that they can refuse to allow the diversion of healing directed at them?

MilleniaAntares
2019-03-31, 10:46 PM
My interpretation is that powers send through the collective with a duration that isn't concentration will continue to work without the network.

The person forced into a collective can't refuse healing, IMO.