PDA

View Full Version : A Storm is Coming (D&D5e)

Kaisshau
2019-03-25, 02:13 PM
“Wake up.”
At the command, you find yourself sitting arrow-straight, dressed in strange clothes that feel vaguely familiar. You are seated at a table, with 3 others, a large robed figure at the head.

“No doubt you are confused. Soon you won’t be, although you may not enjoy the process.”
You see a glint of a smile with predatory teeth, and then your mind is flooded with horrific images. You see throats being slit, purses being emptied, poisons being administered, and memories being extracted. With a sinking feeling in your stomach, you realize the hands committing these despicable deeds are your own. You remember each life ended and the feel of power.

“We have called you here for a simple reason. The balance of power is shifting. Those highborn fools are cracking down, inscribing new skyrunes almost hourly. The savages are rioting more frequently, disrupting plans generations in the making. The mad fools have somehow become even less stable, and the biomancers are causing fresh new havoc with unimaginable creations. Something is coming, although exactly what is still a mystery. This is a delicate ecosystem we operate in, and something is disrupting the balance. What has been for centuries is becoming undone. House Dimir thrives in the shadows, yes. But what gives us real power is our ability to exploit the predictable. Azorious is noble, but rigid. Gruul is destructive, but disorganized. Orhzov is eternal, but greedy. Izzet is powerful, but undisciplined. Simic is creative, but reckless. Knowing our enemies, and knowing how to control them, has kept us strong. Knowledge is the true currency of power. We need you to find out what is coming, and find how we can use it to our advantage.”

The shadowed figure bows its head, and seems to melt into the floor. You’ve gained control of your limbs once more.

Etherion
2019-03-25, 04:14 PM
Valric sighs heavily as he stands from his chair, and begins to search the room carefully, looking for clues as to what his latest task might be, muttering to himself as he goes.
Honestly, one of these days, can they just say what they want. Who even has time for this nonsense?

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-25, 06:24 PM
Agosto

The man tried to form a word, but his tongue felt like nothing more than a warm slug in his mouth. "Mmm," he mumbled, blinking, then spat on the floor. "W-what the fuuuu---"

Even as he spoke, his hand, clumsily but with a mind of its own, slid into his large overcoat, reaching for...something. His mind couldn't remember what it was for a brief moment, as memories fired; all the hand--which almost felt separate from the rest of the body--knew, was that it needed to close around something. The forefinger sought a metal loop and trigger; the palm, a short wooden stock. My hand crossbow. The concept of the weapon flashed through his mind, along with memories of using it a dozen dozen times, in the instant that his index fingertip found metal and the haft slid into his hand.

Agosto pulled the weapon from his jacket, even as he rolled out of the chair and into a position on the floor - the maneuver's grace still dulled due to drugs or magic, but his body operating on the instincts that had kept him alive...sometime in the past? This long? When? "What is this?" he finally managed as the last remnants of the figure melted away. "Are you all..."

His grandfather's voice snapped into his mind, stern but warm, murmuring one of the rules that kept the Guild alive in this time of troubles, words that seemed both very old and very recent. Never name the Family if you're not totally sure you're among Family.

He looked to the weapon in his hand, half with familiarity, half not understanding what exactly it was doing there. It looked more like a wild animal grafted to the end of his arm than something actually his, even with the suppressed memories returned.

"How did you...how did we all get here?" Agosto managed instead, lowering his weapon a tiny amount, but ready to raise it back if needed. His left hand, for a moment pressed into one temple and pinched the bridge of his nose as those memories continued...but then felt around to find where the small quiver of extra bolts was hidden in this coat. "Anyone else feel like this has happened to them before?" he sighs.

GM - If I don't have the equipment, let me know and I will edit.

Nyan
2019-03-25, 07:02 PM
Viper when he wakes up in the room is horrified. But there was no way to express it being completley paralyzed... He quickly tries to move his eyes around to scan the room. When the robed figure stops talking and he is suddenly assaulted with his real memories being put back in to his mind again he would have screamed if he could. Then when the ordeal was done and the robed figure once more started talking about the state of their world he had time to compose and calm himself down.

When the figure finished his monolouge and dissapeared in to the floor he would put his hand over his eyes and rub them slightly finaly regaining the use of his limbs again. He looked down at his hands as he felt the muscle memory returning and all that fear and horror he felt before was completley gone, remembering what was actually going on. The remorse slowly fading to nothing for the acts he has done as his sense of loyalty to the Dimir returns to him.

Viper is a rather tall, middle aged human with a strong build. Brown, short hair with a few streaks of gray showing his signs of age, thick stubble with allitle bit of gray as well. He has a rugged apperance and a set of steely brown eyes that has seen far too much. He wears a body tight suit of dark leathery armor which seems to allow much more mobility with a hood added to be used to shield his apperance if nessesary. Finaly he has bandana tied around his forehead in the same hue as his clothing.

He looks at the other three members sitting by the table with him. At this point one of them had got up from their chair and searched around the room, mumbling to himself. And another seemed very shocked about his arrival, tossing himself off his chair and pulling his weapon.

But Viper did not react much to none of this but would instead respond in a calm but gruff voice. First to the man investigating their room.

"Seat yourself Operative...I'm sure we will be further breifed shortly..."

He then turned his head towards the other with his weapon drawn.

"You too...We all arrived here because we were summoned. As for how that is not for us to know. Lower your weapon and calm yourself. You will feel better soon." He gestured towards the chair he had tumbled out off.

"And yes...This has happened many times. For all of us I'm sure." He pauses and looks around again at the other three.

redjinx
2019-03-25, 07:45 PM
The man in the corner nods, his pale face expressionless. He wears a dark blue uniform, part armor, part robes - simple and utilitarian, with an arachnid sigil discreetly clasping a corner. His features are unremarkable save for his eyes, lacking pupil or iris, glowing indigo in broken shafts like dark-faceted prisms. He turns slowly around, appraising the area, trying to single out a leader. "Who is my master today?" he asks the room at large. "What are my orders?"

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-25, 08:40 PM
Agosto

Noting the responses of the others, the man passes his left hand over his face again and stands. He's of an average height and build, with his head essentially shaved, though it's growing a bit of stubble now, about as much as is gracing the rest of his face. His face holds a few pale scars, for those who know what to look for, obvious from knife-fighting.

His right hand makes a practiced motion with the thumb, and he casually tosses the hand crossbow onto the table with a light clatter. "The coming-back is always like this for me," he states simply, looking around the room. "And every time, for a half-second I think I'm waking up in some Orzhov bolthole and things finally caught up with me. Well, glad to see that's not the case."

He flops into his chair, tilting it back with one boot propped up on the table. "Well, chaps, good day to you. Name's Agosto. I assume you've heard of me, hmm? Looking forward to continuing the work. 'Retirement' never quite sits right, does it? Ugh, the last time I was at one of these things they at least gave us a little watered wine..."

Nyan
2019-03-25, 08:57 PM
Viper

Viper observed the man with the weapon as he tossed it on to the table and sat back down. A slight smirk at the Orzov comment was all he gave but then leaned back in his chair slightly before he responded. "Viper..." He stated simply.

"I have not heard of you Agosto. If I had...You haven't done your job right." The tone of his voice was flat with no indications of attempting to insult. Merely stating fact.

redjinx
2019-03-25, 09:43 PM
The man in the corner nods again. “Ten,” he says simply. “That is my number. Tenth of the Hollow Blades and weapon of House Dimir. I have been assigned to your group. You are to use me as you see fit.”

Etherion
2019-03-25, 09:47 PM
Valric

Without pausing in his search, or even looking up, Valric (a fairly non-descript man, maybe a little scrawny, a little on the shorter side, seems to be in his 20s with black hair, brown eyes and, at the moment at least, a rather agitated expression on what would otherwise be a mildly handsome face) responds to the fellow addressing him.

Humph, either you’ve not done much of this before, or your handler isn’t as much of an ***. I don’t know if you’ve realized it yet, but the House aren’t particularly fond of just, handing out information. I’m surprised we were told as much as we were by an actual person, and not dead drops. Not to say we were told anything useful, as we weren’t, but the point remains.

Nyan
2019-03-25, 10:08 PM
Viper

He turns his head and looks to the man introducing himself as Ten, acknowledging his introduction with a nod. Then looking towards the man investigating the room once more when he responded Viper crossed his arms and said. "Let me know if you find anything..." with a flat tone. Seemingly not bothered by his comment. But it made him think...How many missions has he gone on?...He remembers a few. But there is no telling how many he has done only to have them been removed from his memory for security... He scratched his chin allitle thinking about it for a bit, only to let it go just as quickly. Probably a good idea not to dwell too much on the past.

redjinx
2019-03-25, 10:10 PM
The man named Ten remains expressionless, but a hint of agitation enters his voice. “Protocol eight of the Hollow Text states that all groups assigned a Blade are to be headed by one individual. I have an assignment here. Who is it?” The light from his eyes scans the room, settling on each of its inhabitants in turn. “Which one of you is my master?”

Nyan
2019-03-25, 10:19 PM
Viper

When Ten asked his question and turned towards Viper he would meet his gaze before he shruged. "Not me. As I've stated earlier... I belive we are yet to be breifed about our actual mission and in turn choosing who to lead it. So lets just wait for now." He then set his gaze on the man investigating the room. Just incase he would find something.

Kaisshau
2019-03-25, 11:06 PM
This is what you had when you awakened:
Agosto: You are wearing Studded Leather Armor and found a Hand crossbow which was in your pocket, but no bolts.
Nicos: You are wearing Studded Leather Armor, an Orzhov Symbol in a pocket and a feather pen with no inkwell in another.
Azsaj: You are wearing Studded Leather Armor, with a trinket in the shape of Vitu Ghazi on a chain around your neck.
Viper: You are wearing a Chain Shirt, muffled with layers of cloth underneath, with an empty scabbard strapped to your waist.

The table in the centre of the room is black stone and shaped like a hexagon, speckled but otherwise unremarkable. A solitary gold chalice sits in front of where the robed figure had been. The chairs are likewise black stone and featureless. A fifth chair sits empty to the right of the figure. Light filters in from windows set high in the walls, this appears to be a two-storey building with no second floor. Along the walls behind your chairs are wardrobes made of the same black stone. The one behind the fifth chair is flung open.

Nyan
2019-03-25, 11:28 PM
Viper

Looking around the room himself eventually he stood up and turned to look at the closet that was placed behind his chair. "Equipment perhaps?..." he said but not to anyone specific as he went to the closet itself and attempted to open it.

Etherion
2019-03-25, 11:34 PM
Valric goes over to the chalice and inspects it. If there’s nothing out of the ordinary, he then goes and takes a look at the wardrobe behind his chair, as well as the one that is flung open.

redjinx
2019-03-26, 07:55 AM
Ten strides to the open wardrobe, muttering to himself. "Open door, empty chair. We're late, aren't we? Someone's already been here. What's in the wardrobe?" He returns to the wardrobe closest to his own chair and tries to open it.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-26, 08:57 AM
Agosto

"Late? It's hard for us to be late when we weren't the ones to set up the meeting. Ugh, this level of manufactured drama is just par for the course." Agosto pats himself down, frowning. "Looks like I just have the one bolt for now," he mutters, before standing.

"I can't remember the last time they didn't at least give me a dagger, I mean I love a good challenge but this is just absurd." He turns to inspect the nearby wardrobes, starting with his own. "So. I don't remember working with any of you before. Assuming this isn't all a big Orzhov ploy, we should get to learning about each others' capabilities."

Nyan
2019-03-26, 09:18 AM
Viper

As viper inspected his closet to find a way to open it Agostos question made him glance over his shoulder for a moment as he replied. "Untill our mission has been made clear...I am going to assume that none of us are nessesarily allies at the time...So all you need to know of my capabilities now... is that anything is a weapon in my hands..." He looked to each individual in the room as he stated this fact, as a warning incase one would happen to assault him. He did not trust any one of them enough to reveal anything else yet...Intel is power after all.

Kaisshau
2019-03-26, 11:24 AM
Valric: Looking closely at the goblet, the heft reveals it is solid gold. The rim is crusted with a dried red substance and bears a slight sweet smell covering a pungent odour. Set into the base of the goblet is a symbol you believe you have seen before, but can't quite place.

Ten: The empty wardrobe contains hooks inside, as if items had been stored within. The doors are open on their hinges, but no handle or mechanism of how it opened is visible. There are no clues as to what had been stored inside. Examining the wardrobe behind your chair reveals no handle or method of opening it. Carved into the face of the doors are three runes representing tenets of House Dimir; Secrecy, Stealth, and Knowledge.

Viper & Agosto: Examining the wardrobe behind your chair reveals no handle or method of opening it. It is made of the same black stone as the table. Carved into the face of the doors are three runes representing tenets of House Dimir; Secrecy, Stealth, and Knowledge.

Nyan
2019-03-26, 02:00 PM
Viper

Seeing the symbols on the closet made of stone he scratched his chin slightly before he reached out his hand and pressed the runes in the order Secrecy, Stealth and finaly knowledge hoping it would give some sort of response. paused... He was not magicaly inclined what so ever but sometimes the simplest anwser is the right one. He thought for a moment and remembered something like this he had gone throuhg before...What does he value highest among the tennets...He finaly made his choice for the symbol of STEALTH
Ill do some rolls in the dice thread that can be relevant. You choose which one of the skills to use of the results.

NOTE: Did I get to switch out my armor? You might have missed my question in the OOC.

Etherion
2019-03-26, 04:27 PM
Valric

Looking at the goblet, and feeling that it is solid gold, Valric checks to see if there are any indentations that an Orzhov symbol might fit in.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-26, 07:54 PM
Agosto

Looking at the symbols on the front of the wardrobe, Agosto then raps his knuckles on the Secret sigil in a distinctive pattern, one used at many dead drops. He gives it a second to note any response.

He then turns and looks around the room, looking for a door, or really anything else of note in the room. He considers trying to scale the wall to see out the windows. Letting out a loud sigh, he again scans the room, first looking then listening for anything of note that would be missed on a general or cursory examination. He looks under the table as well.

Perception: [roll0]

Kaisshau
2019-03-27, 11:43 AM
Valric:
Further examination of the goblet reveals no further marks beyond the symbol on the base. The feeling of familiarity nags at you, a memory buried just beneath the surface.

Viper:
Upon pressing the first rune, it begins to glow blue. It sounds like something is moving inside of the wardrobe, before you hear a click and the door swings slightly open.

Agosto:
Upon pressing the rune, it begins to glow blue. As you complete your pattern, the glow deepens. It sounds like something is moving inside of the wardrobe, before you hear a click and the door swings slightly open. Looking around the room you spot a door, hidden in shadow near where the figure had been sitting.

Ten:
Looking at the wardrobe, the runes stand out to you. While examining the the wardrobe, you see the others pressing on a rune and the cabinet responding. You believe that it may be important which rune is pressed. Looking around the room you spot a door, hidden in shadow near where the figure had been sitting.

Nyan
2019-03-27, 12:33 PM
Viper

After he had pressed the Stealth rune. He noticed the door to the closet opening. And then took a look inside to see what was within.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-27, 03:12 PM
Agosto

Turning back to the wardrobe as it responds, Agosto peers inside. "Oh by the way, there's a door over there," he points, not looking as he investigates the contents of the wardrobe.

redjinx
2019-03-27, 03:59 PM
Ten presses the Secrecy rune on his wardrobe, probing the contents, then turns to face the others. "The door. We need to find out where we are, at the very least. And what we're doing here, for that matter."

Etherion
2019-03-27, 04:14 PM
Valric

While the knowledge is somewhere in the back of his mind, Valric just can’t quite remember where he’s seen that symbol. Giving up on the chalice for now, he goes over to his wardrobe and presses the knowledge rune.

Kaisshau
2019-03-27, 11:22 PM
Valric:
As the wardrobe in front of you opens, you see a Scholar's pack sitting on the bottom of the wardrobe. A dark blue cloak with ornate gold stitching hangs from a peg inside. On the back of the door is a small rack with three stoppered flasks. On a shelf on the left side is a midnight blue scroll tube inlaid with silver.

Ten:
As you press the Rune, you see it glow blue and the wardrobe opens at your touch. Inside you find a Diplomat's pack resting on top of a set of pontiff's robes in gold and black, with a legionnaire's smock folded underneath. A drawer in the bottom contains a Disguise kit and a Forgery kit, along with a pouch containing 75 gold. Buried to the hilt in the back of the wardrobe is an ornate dagger that seems to glow slightly blue.

Agosto:
As you pull open the wardrobe in front of you, you notice Ten opening one that appears laid out in a similar fashion. There is a Diplomat's pack, resting on robes with a legionnaire's smock folded underneath. A drawer in the bottom contains a Disguise kit and a Forgery kit, along with a pouch containing 75 gold. On the back of the door is a quiver containing 20 silvered bolts, and a silvered rapier. As you remove the items, you notice a piece of parchment wedged into the bottom left back corner.

Viper:
Looking inside the wardrobe, you see a Burglar's pack sitting on a low shelf. The shelf above it contains 3 small orbs and the third shelf contains a set of Thieves' tools. On the back of the door an oaken shortbow is hung, with a quiver of arrows. The bow hums slightly as you take it from the peg it was hanging on.

Etherion
2019-03-28, 12:32 AM
Valric

Valric’s eyes are immediately drawn to the cloak, and after a moment of inspection he dons it with a flourish. He then goes through the pack, familiarizing himself with the contents and quickly flipping through the book inside to grasp what it’s about.
Moving on, Valric inspects the scroll tube, seeing if there’s anything special about it aside from the ornate decorations, then checks the contents of it before putting it away in the pack.
Finally, Valric goes to each of the three vials, puts a tiny dab on his finger and tastes it in an attempt to deduce what, if any, effect they may have.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-28, 09:04 AM
Agosto

Reaching in for the bolts and rapier, Agosto pauses. "These are...silvered," he frowns. "Fancy, but also doesn't bode well as to what we might face."

He secures the weapons and kits on his person, retrieving his crossbow from the table, and tucking the legionary smock into the pack. He reaches in for the note and, pausing, looks at his wardrobe as well as the others'. "Hmm, looks like you got similar things as I did, but the rest of you didn't. I wonder..." he murmurs to himself, closing the wardrobe door. Once it seems sealed, he touches the Stealth rune. Glancing at Valric, his eyes widen for a second as he sees the man tasting the contents of House Dimir vials, but he quickly looks away.

Waiting for any response from the wardrobe, he unfolds the crumpled parchment and examines it.

Nyan
2019-03-28, 03:57 PM
Viper

He scans the closet up and down and starts to put the equipment on his person, the kits safely tucked away, the theives tools especially. Then the three orbs he would take as well, inspecting them for a moment to see if he could remember exactly what they could be. After that he would take the bow and arrows, strapping the quiver to his side and inspecting the bow like he had done with the orbs.

He would then go to the table again, placing the bow ontop of it and resting both of his hands on it as he leaned forward, looking at the others getting their gear together. "So...Assuming our benefactors thought about the time it would take us to make use of these new magical arms I belive it would be best we took that time to properly attune to them now...We should gather all our gear and information, text, notes and what not on the table to see if we can make out anything relevant. The fact you all managed to get in to the closets has shown me proper evidence we are all of the House in shadow...I got no notes of significance but I did get this bow and 3 orbs."

Rolling Arcana to figure out the Bow and the Orbs

Kaisshau
2019-03-29, 12:30 AM
Valric: As you don the clock, you begin to feel a sense of security. The book appears to be a history of the Orzhov Syndicate, detailing their part in the formation of the guildpact, ending with the race through the Dragon's Maze and the crowning of the Living Guildpact. There are notes in the margins concerning how House Dimir had influenced various events that lead to the Obzedat's place in the Orzhov heirarchy.
The scroll tube is ornate, but contains no discernible lettering. Inside is a rolled parchment, written in a language you cannot read.
Tasting the first liquid, you feel a scrape on your finger recover and you feel invigorated. Tasting the second and third flasks have no further effect that you note.

Agosto:
As you press the rune, it glows a deep blue before an inky blackness swells from the base and surrounds the wardrobe, completely obscuring it from your sight. The parchment contains a message, written in Elvish. The handwriting is entirely unfamiliar to you and appears excessively flourished. As you read the message you can hear a faint, mocking chuckle that seems to come from somewhere behind you.

Viper:
Examining the orbs reveals a triggering mechanism and an arming mechanism. You can see a small fuse that would be lit if you pressed both. You can't see inside the orb to determine what is in there, or what would happen if the fuse were to burn down. Looking at the bow you can see some writing carved into it, and as you hold it it glows lightly blue and then fades. You think it may be magical.

Ten:
Pulling on the dagger, there is some slight resistance but it then comes free. The dagger feels slightly warm in your hand. Turning it over reveals script on the underside, a short phrase in an unfamiliar language. The clothes and kits store easily inside the pack and the pouch clinks solidly as you tie it to your waist.

Nyan
2019-03-29, 08:37 AM
Viper

He looks around the room and then his gaze snap towards Agosto as he presses a second rune, causing the closet to be surrounded in magical darkness... Expecting something to lash out he tensed for a second but then he sighs with releif as there is not further activity from the closet itself. "So...We have a Cloak, Three flasks, A dagger, A short bow and three orbs...The rest are mundane items. We should pool all of our knowledge together to figure out what these special items are. And of course as I said before all notes and scrolls you do not understand put them on the table so we can all take a look. I'm personaly not used to group missions but I know we will have to work together at least allitle. I can not myself figure out what the bow does besides being enchanted. And these three orbs I know how to activate them but not what they do...I'm guessing smoke bombs but I could need a second oppinion." While the rest gathers by the table he would start getting a feel for the bow to begin getting used to it.

I think we should all roll checks to identify eachothers items and for those we all fail at we can use identify. (assuming whoever uses it has a pearl worth 100gp to use. Tho its not consumed so as long as he has one then he can do it as many times as he wants.) Then after your item is identified or figured out we can start attuning to it. It should take 1 hour to prepare and attune. + another 11 minutes for each item we have to use identify for. But if Identify is not needed it will only take 1 hour. If our GM is kind he could possibly let us use identify on the 3 potions in one go to save time.

Gonna roll arcana checks for the other items to see what he can figure out.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-29, 09:12 AM
Agosto

Agosto reads the note, his face impassive, then crumples it back up and stuffs it into an obscure inner pocket of his jacket. His ears perk for a half-second, but it seems more like a twitch than anything else.

He turns to Viper's comment, and replies almost as if instructing a child in a schoolroom on a subject they are probably unfamiliar with. "Everything I received was mundane, yes, but also silvered. There are many creatures in this world whose bodies or talents allow them to resist injury from normal weapons. Magical weapons are also rare, which can present an issue since they're the only thing that easily cuts through these resistances. But many of those entities that are vulnerable to magic and resistant to normal blades, are also vulnerable to silvered weapons. Not all, so it's not a guarantee, but many, so this does provide an advantage above and beyond what you might think at first glance. Regardless...what I need to do now is to buy a case of ordinary crossbow bolts. I don't want to waste silvered bolts on ordinary men or other such rabble if I can avoid it. Does anyone else need to go shopping?"

He turns and makes for the door. "And while we're at it, yes, let's figure out where we are. If anything, the person in that chair is late for this meeting, not us, even if they were here earlier." He points to the unoccupied chair and open wardrobe as he heads for the door.

redjinx
2019-03-29, 10:05 AM
“Wait, sir.” Ten addresses Agosto. “Give me a pearl and an hour, that’s all, and I can tell you exactly what all these are. You may not be used to group assignments, but I am, and the most important thing is preparation.” He turns to the others. “It’s not as if we even know where we’re going, yet.”

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-29, 11:46 AM
Agosto

The man turns and sighs slightly. "Don't worry, I'm not just going to just run off and leave you behind. I want to know where we are exactly. At this point we don't even know if we're still in the Core, or what District, and I don't want to assume. Do your thing and I'll just take a peek. The last thing we need is to blindly walk out into a Rakdos carnival or the start of a Gruul-on-Boros riot when we're actually ready to go."

Etherion
2019-03-29, 12:56 PM
Valric

As Agosto presses the second rune, and the wardrobe reacts, Valric tenses up, ready to bolt out the door at a moment's notice. Seeing nothing happen beyond the initial effect, Valric shakes his head and lays the scroll out on the table.
"Please be careful. Lets not all die before our mission even starts. In any case, does anyone recognise the language here? As for my gear, the flasks seem to be healing potions, and I'm not sure what the cloak does. Feels like some sort of protective enchantment."
Then, seeing Agosto move to leave, he says "Shopping? Why bother? If you're looking for crossbow bolts, give me a little time, and that forgery kit there, and I can whip up a Boros equipment requisition form. At least, I can do that if you show me the note you had there."

Kaisshau
2019-03-30, 01:00 AM
Viper:
You have seen cloaks of this sort before; the gold stitching contains a protective enchantment worked into it. You believe this is a more simple one, but still potent.
The flasks are all identical and contain the same red liquid which glimmers slightly when agitated. You are certain they are healing potions, but you aren't able to tell the potency.

Agosto:
Passing through the darkess, you see a stout door set into the wall behind where the figure was sitting. Little light filters in, but as you test the ring it moves easily. Cracking it open reveals dazzling sunlight, reflected from splendid buildings and gleaming cobblestones.

Ten:
Your knowledge of the arcane arts lets you identify the scroll as being written in Draconic, and believe it would let the reader cast shadow bolt at the third level. With Agosto's assistance to read the Elvish phrase on the dagger, "Our eyes are always watching," you are confident it is a Dagger of Warning.

Valric:
While you can identify the bow is certainly enchanted to aid the user in combat, you cannot discover anything that would lead you to believe it had any unique properties.

redjinx
2019-03-30, 06:33 PM
Ten looks up from the dagger and nods in Agosto's direction. "He's most likely right, then. We need to know where we are at least." He falls in step, following just behind the other agent.

Nyan
2019-03-30, 06:56 PM
Viper

Viper listened to Agostos explanation of the benefits of silvered weapons. Paying no real attention to the way it was explained. He simply nods in response and then replies. "Yes. And we should keep that in mind. So if such a creature comes our way or is our target. Dont be affraid to use those bolts." Either he didnt bother to take offence at the way agosto explained it to him like he was a child or he simply did not show it.

When Agosto contiued with the suggestion to check outside, once again he agreed. Simply nodding towards him as he went for the door.

Looking over the items he pointed out the cloak first. "Yes you are right. It is a protection enchantment. A weak one, but effective none the less." He then gestures to the potions. "Those potions are all healing potions infact but i dont know how potent they are."

When he hears about the dagger of warning in tens possession he looks in their direction and comments. "Dagger of warning? Thats very usefull. Stick close to us with that one so we can benefit from its enchtment as well."

When nobody manages to figure out his bow he scratches his chin slightly and then picks it up. "Oh well. If you all give me an hour to attune to it ill figure it out. They never mentioned a timelimit for our assignment so i think we should be fine. But thats just my oppinion."

Finaly he comments "Oh and if anyone could figure out what these orbs actually do that would be good to know."

Regardless if the group decides to stay or leave he will follow out if the majority decides its the better course of action.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-31, 10:33 AM
Agosto

"I would appreciate the help with the form, as to the note," he shrugs. "My father and grandfather are movers and shakers in the Guild. This isn't the first time they've left me a personal note with my mission gear and it probably won't be the last. If you'd rather not help me obtain supplies that could be crucial to fulfilling our mission because I won't show you a private note left by my family, well then..." he shrugs and keeps moving to the door.

Agosto cracks the door slightly, and drops to one knee, looking around for street signs or any notable buildings known to be in a certain area, to try and figure out where exactly they are, and also to let his eyes adjust to the brighter light outside.

Etherion
2019-03-31, 04:00 PM
Valric

With a faint grin, Valric responds "Ah yes, my apologies. I somehow forgot that blind trust is one of the core tenets of our organisation."
He then shakes his head before continuing.
"In any case, scouting the area sounds like a reasonable next step, though maybe we shouldn't all leave at once."

Kaisshau
2019-03-31, 09:55 PM
Valric:
Utilizing your tools and skills, you are able to fashion a requisition form from the Boros garrisonhome for supplies to equip a new patrol. Presenting it to an armory should allow you to receive arms for 4 legionnaires.

Spending the time attuning to your cloak allows you to identify it as a Cloak of Protection.

Agosto:
As your eyes adjust to the daylight, you see that you are on a fashionable lane just inside the Orzhov district, bordering with the Azorius. You can see citizens hurrying about, some engaged in trade, some taking semi-leisurely strolls. As you look you notice a heavy guard presence, and they seem to have some sort of shiny new pin on their chest.

Viper:
Further study of the bow and attenuation allows you to identify it as a +1 Shortbow.

Ten:
Examining the Orbs on the table allows you to confirm they are a type of smoke bomb, creating areas of magical darkness a short time after being triggered.
Peering behind Agosto out the door, you see that you are in a well-to-do district, clearly part of Orzhov. There are many people carrying about on the street in front of your building.

Etherion
2019-03-31, 10:30 PM
Valric

Valric watches as Agosto leaves, and begins writing the requisition forms. As he does so, he beckons Viper over.
Hey, can you take a look at this for me, let me know what you think?
I think Agosto is lying. Doesn’t sound like he knows who left the note. I’d suggest trying to take a look at it, if you get the chance.

Whiskeyjack
2019-03-31, 10:44 PM
Agosto

"We're in, ugh, Orzhov territory, near their border with Azorius. Lots of people just going about their day. Lots of guards for how fancy the street is, though. Too many, I'd say, and they have some emblem pinned to their chest that I've never seen before. If anyone can blend in with the Orzhov, it'd be ideal for them to, ah, go ahead and do so. I know we have a couple Boros outfits too, if the mixed company makes some sense." He scratches his face. "Hells of a place for a safehouse to open up to."

Nyan
2019-03-31, 11:27 PM
Viper

Viper first of all thanks Ten for identifying the usage of the orbs as he then picks them up and stores them on his person. He would then turn to Agosto at the mention of further supplies "I belive i could use a few things as well. But i think going shopping in the Orzov districs is the last thing Id want to do. Valric has the right idea about getting a requsition form from the legion. Im familiar with the boros more than any other guild. So i could get said forms to an armory and get the gear. I have a few strings i can pull."

At Valrics request he goes and checks the forms and inspects his work. "Yes...These look fine. These should get us what we need." He says as he taps his fingers on the table, scratching his chin as he contemplates for a bit.

If you dont know theives cant for whatever reason. Dont read it xD
You pick up the way he is tapping his fingers and scratching himself is a form of code...You understand the following message. "I wont risk antagonizing fellow dimir during a mission. I belive if the info on the note was critial for our success he would reveal it. And if it isnt important to this mission i dont care. But convince me otherwise I'll see what i can do."

After some time he looks back at the others. "If nobody objects i belive what Ten said is indeed a good point. We are working together but i think one should still call the shots untill such a time we need to work independetly. I myself rather follow orders."

"As for my current suggestion for our course of action. People don their respective disguises. Ill have to go as a commoner. We go from here towards the Boros garrison we might even figure out our actual task on the way. We then equip ourselves and move on to our mission."

Etherion
2019-04-01, 02:06 AM
Valric

Valric lets out a heavy sigh when it is revealed that they are in Orzhov territory, then puts his Orzhov symbol on his new cloak.
Of course that’s where we are. Why wouldn’t I be sent here on a group mission. I’m going to head out, take a look around, see if there’s anything out of the ordinary. In the meantime, so long as I am wearing this symbol, I’d appreciate it if you used the name Nicos. I’d rather not have my cover blown considering how long I’ve worked on it.
With this, he hands the boros papers to Viper, saying “Watch these carefully, if one of us is caught as a fake, it would be a disaster.”
He then moves towards the door, and gives the group a little wave. “I’ll be back here in an hour or so, if you want to find me sooner than that, I’d suggest checking the banks.”
With that, Valric heads out the door into the sunlight. After adjusting to the light, he makes his way towards the most ornate looking building he can see, since everyone knows the banks are the best place to find information in Orzhova.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-01, 07:41 AM
Agosto

"Boros was my...specialty in the past, but my last focus was Azorius. Though not as a sub-in, just as an add-on. My Boros contacts probably aren't live around here anyway, so you're the best bet, Viper." Agosto takes the time to don his legionary outfit, wearing the arms openly as that Guild is wont to do.

He nods to Valric. "Will do, Nicos. We'll meet you back here in an hour. I want to figure out what this new pin on those guards is all about. Makes me uneasy not knowing."

Kaisshau
2019-04-02, 01:55 AM
As you step from the building onto the street, citizens scurry past, seemingly oblivious to the existence of your hideout. The buildings to either side and down the street stand proud and tall, well maintained and illustrious. Somehow this building has escaped the notice of whomever is responsible for the upkeep as it seems rather squat and squalid in comparison. Looking down the street, you can see the Vizkopa bank to the south, with impressive guards flanking the entrance. Spirits float in perpetual torment around the highest spires, with the second, third, and fourth stories flanked by imposing stone gargoyles.

As you take in the neighborhood and orient yourselves, a street vendor rushes up to you, eyes wide and coat bulging. “Hey, you look like you could use one of these!” He shouts, opening his coat to reveal glass cases containing tiny flying thopters, buzzing around angrily. “All Fresh Caught!”

Agosto, you can see that one of the cases is slightly more ornate, and has a spider inscribed in the base. There is nothing moving inside this case, and there appears to be something in a crumpled heap inside it.

A nearby guard looks up at the noise caused by the vendor, but looks away when he sees your Boros uniforms.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-02, 07:55 AM
Agosto

Initially his hands twitch at the ready, but Agosto quickly notices the small insignia inside one of the case and smiles slightly. Never a dull moment with this Guild...

He instead feigns interest, picking up a couple of cases to look at the furious inhabitants before returning them to the vendor, and finally indicates the one with the spider insignia. "What a fine selection! Decisions, decisions, but...what about that one?" he asks, pointing at the case with the crumpled heap in it, trying to peer for a closer look.

redjinx
2019-04-02, 08:05 AM
Ten hurries to follow Valric towards the bank, having donned the pontiff's robes, and with the chalice hidden under his disguise along with the dagger. "Sir. We need to establish a few things before we can move on. Can we talk in private?"

Kaisshau
2019-04-03, 04:14 PM
Agosto/Viper:

As you examine the case, you note an intricate lock with what appears to be a small dagger stuck inside the keyhole, jamming it closed. "That one?" The merchant gets a slightly glazed look as he pulls out the case and you detect a flash of blue in his pupils. "I'm holding that for a friend. He said I should give it to those who came from this house, but only if they knew the password." When the merchant presents the case, you can see that there is a faerie slumped inside, dressed in blue and black garb and lying on several scraps of paper.

Valric/Ten:

As you head towards the bank, you can see an increased guard presence; burly individuals in gold armor which gleams in the sunlight. Pinned to their breastplates is an emblem with the familiar Orzhov star, although there appears to be another image beaten into the medal overtop. As you approach the entrance, one of the guards pulls off from the rest and interposes himself before you.

"HALT! By Order of the Guildmaster, only those on official business may enter. Please state the nature of your visit and provide your authorization papers."

Etherion
2019-04-03, 05:12 PM
When Ten follows Valric towards the bank and asks his question, Valric turns towards him with a surprised expression. Then, after a brief pause, he smiles widely and moves to embrace Ten saying ”Ah, it’s good to see you my friend! Of course, you know you can always ask me anything! What’s troubling you?”

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-03, 07:24 PM
Agosto

Frowning, Agosto mutters, "Password, huh?" He scratches next to one eye as he peers at the case, finally noticing what is inside - he originally thought it was an exotic spider that had died or something, but this is much more intriguing.

He looks up into the man's blueish eyes, seeing that flash there, and smiles. "Of course. The same thing that they left for me, why not try that." Lowering his voice to a whisper, and leaning in toward the man, he utters, "House Dimir lives!"

redjinx
2019-04-03, 08:10 PM
Ten starts to say something to Valric, but the guard's approach draws him up short. "I'll explain later." He glances at the guard, taking in the details - the uniform, the altered insignia, the abrasive demeanor. His eyes shade to red-violet momentarily, then settle into a less unnatural blue as he steps closer to Valric. "This is your territory. You lead, I'll follow... Nicos."

Nyan
2019-04-03, 08:27 PM
Viper

As Viper would head out he wrapped his bow in his cloak and tossed it over his shoulder as he then headed out with the rest. He went a bit away from the rest as Valric and Ten headed off towards the Bank and Agosto got stopped by a Merchant. Viper pauses as well and observed the interaction between the Merchant and Agosto, figuring that he could wander with Agosto to the Boros garrisons seeing as he was wearing a Boros uniform and all. He would keep himself busy to not seem too strange as he double checked the fake documents he was given to provide them the arms they needed. But he also kept a look around to see if he could notice and remember anything significant about those pins the others had mentioned.

Gonna make a perception and a History check perhaps to see if I know anything about those pins

Etherion
2019-04-03, 09:27 PM
Valric

Valric looks up at the guard with an easy smile, and greets him
“Ah, hello there! How’s your day going? Mine’s going quite well. The name is Nicos Balav, I’m sure you’ve heard of my family. I was hoping Iza was in today, she’s my family’s go to banker. You see, I’m starting the preparations for my birthday gala, and I need to review finances, take out a loan, you know how it goes. My friend here is helping me with the planning, he has quite the eye for picking out entertainment.”
As he speaks, his expression is very animated, appearing quite excited at the prospect of a party. Valric then pauses, a thoughtful look crossing his face, then he continues.
”Actually, come to think about it, I do need to hire security, and you look like just the right type for it! How’s that sound, eh, getting paid to attend the party of the year? Oh, I just can’t wait! Still, it’s important to enjoy the planning too, ya know? Let me tell you, having an excuse to try plenty of the best food in the district and watch the best entertainers, now that’s a reason for celebration in itself.”
Throughout his whole speech, Valric does his best to come off as a pampered noble, an heir with more money than sense.

redjinx
2019-04-04, 10:02 AM
Ten stays silent as Valric speaks, his stance and expression shifting slightly as he takes in the conversation. He steps back into the guard's view, lips pursed and arms crossed in apparent exasperation. We're here on internal guild affairs - which you are not and will not be privy to - as well as..." He sighs slightly. "Party planning, evidently. At his request." He rolls his eyes, pretending to hide his annoyance from Valric. "We are not looking for personnel at this time, as Lord Balav remembers, but there will be a small fee for accosting us on guild business. Say... five zinos. Or you could simply let us pass, as we are already late." He looks pointedly at the guard.

Ten's overall demeanor throughout is that of a minor official, trying to carry out a minor task while saddled with an annoying noble.

Etherion
2019-04-04, 02:33 PM
Valric gives a dismissive wave of his hand at Ten's interjection, before replying, "Yes yes, I'm sure there's some minor business you'd like to attend to while we're here. Some of us have important things that need to get done though. I mean, this is a crucial step for the gala; I only have so long to get everything ready!"
He then sighs though, as if acknowledging Ten's point.
"I do suppose you're right though, it's likely best to review finances before making purchases."
With a sad smile and a small shake of the head, almost as if to say "what would I do without him?", Valric nevertheless presses forward. "Still, if you give me your information, I could contact you at a later time."

Kaisshau
2019-04-04, 06:21 PM
Valric:
As you utter the phrase, the same blue flash appears in the merchant's eyes. "My friend! I knew you'd come back for this." The merchant pulls the case from it's hook inside his coat and presents it to you.
As you take it, his eyes fog over for a moment. He then looks up at you as if seeing you for the first time as his voice takes on a slightly lilting accent. "Could I interest you in a thopter, perchance? All fresh caught and 100% untraceable, guaranteed. You look like you could use one. Maybe something to put in that fancy case you've got."

Etherion/Ten:
His tone changes from the stern warning to something much more cavalier as his eyes open and he warms to your presence.
"A party? I would love to go to a party. I've been working a lot of extra hours lately and they've really been pushing us hard. These new orders are extreme and I take no pleasure in the bloodshed, I tell you that. My name's Edward. Eddie, they like to call me. I'd be glad to work security at your party, providing the crowd won't be too rambunctious. As I've said, I'm not one of those fools with a penchant for dabbling with the devils. If it's going to be one of those parties, you will need to find yourself a different Eddie. You can find me at this address," he says, scribbling on a paper and handing it to you, "out near Irbitov and down by the river. It's not much but it's mine, and I don't owe anyone anything for it."
The guard then looks to the group he was with, then back to you.
"Right, sorry. I'm really not supposed to let anyone into the bank without official authorization. Just yesterday I had to turn away my own uncle. My uncle, can you believe it? Things are getting crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if they soon don't even let us guards in there. Someone high up is awfully paranoid, if you ask me. Anyways, can I see your papers?"

Etherion
2019-04-04, 06:53 PM
Valric

Valric smiles and nods as the guard talks about how much he’d like to party, but gasps in mock horror when he mentions devils. “Oh no, I’d never hire any rakdos for my party! No no no, didn’t you hear, just the other day my friend was telling me about how his coworker’s cousin’s husband’s friend’s uncle hired them for his fiftieth. You know what happened? Whole manor got burned down, WHOOSH! Apparently no one made it out of there. No, I prefer to keep my entertainment sane.” With this, Valric nods sagely. When the guard again asks for papers, Valric’s face twitches with annoyance, before he speaks again. ”Since when did a member of the church need authorization for a routine transaction? And what’s this about new orders and bloodshed? Ugh, what is the guild coming to these days. Look, I know it’s not your fault, you seem a reasonable fellow, but honestly I miss the old days sometimes. Is there any way you could make an exception for us? At the very least, I need to make a withdrawal so I can start on preparations.” Saying the last couple of lines, Valric pouts very slightly, and his voice goes up in pitch just a little. Not enough to be annoying, hopefully, but trying to convey how much he wants in.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-05, 07:36 AM
Agosto

Grinning, Agosto takes the "empty" case and puts it in a pocket for now, then assesses the remaining wares. "Excellent, and thopters you say? What breeds? How fresh? How well trained?"

I'm not sure what if any benefit a thopter can give, are they listed in one of the books?

Kaisshau
2019-04-06, 02:51 AM
Valric:
"Well, it sure is good to hear that. I think we need to do more to ensure the safety of our citizens. I know they've got their own way of thinking, and I respect that they may not wish to act as we do, but they represent a clear danger to a peaceful way of life. And frankly, not being able to do anything before they cause their damage is the biggest issue, in my mind. What's the point in letting them cause a big ruckus before we do anything about it? Anyways, I am sorry to hear about that. It's always a shame to lose someone you know, even if they might have been a bit of a fool." Seeming to lose himself for a moment, he glances again at the group he had come from.

"Look, I would love to help you out, you know I would. You seem like a good guy, and I know you're not trying to cause me any problems. But orders are orders. You know how it is. If I don't do as I'm told I'll find myself charged for insubordination and I'll have a bunch of brand new debts. And even with this extra work that's not something I'd be looking for right now."

Sighing, he rocks back on his heels for a moment, drawing a deep breath through his teeth. "If you're just looking to make a withdrawal, you could try one of the smaller banks. They can record the transaction and sent it back here. They're allowing the ledgers and couriers in, for now. Far as I know it's just Vizkopa been closed. Or I could see if I could bring one of the bean counters out to you. I think they could use the exercise, honestly. Might also give them something to do, they're none to happy about the closure either from what I gather. Seems some debtors were supposed to be making some significant payments that haven't been as they can't go in the bank. And the Guildmaster then went and forgave the debts! Oh, that did not sit well with them. But what can you do? She's got the power, and none in their right mind is going to stand up to her, I can tell you that."

Agosto:
"Breed? Oh, sir. I can assure you that these are no mere beasts. These are the finest mechanical creations money can buy. With the proper commands they will perform your tasks exactly as instructed. No need to train them."
Glancing at the nearby guards, the merchant lowers his voice and leans closer.
"Now, granted, these ones are a bit more wild than what you might find at, say, an artificer's shop. But, if discovered, they can't be traced to you. I don't keep records of where they came from, or where they're going, so you have complete privacy. And all yours for just 150 zinos each."

Etherion
2019-04-06, 02:11 PM
Valric

Valric claps his hands and grins widely at the guard's response, saying "Ah, thank you so much! That would be perfect!"

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-06, 04:39 PM
Agosto

Making a face, Agosto puts up his hands. "I'm afraid 150 zinos is more than I have on me. But say I were interested in the future, where could I find you then?"

After getting the information from the merchant, Agoto pauses. He locks eyes with Viper for a quick moment, one hand inside his coat touching the glass case. He makes a small, casual motion - casual for an outside, meaningful for a Dimir, and amounting to Just one second, join or don't, then heads back into the building he just emerged from, hopefully briefly.

"The timing of this is just the worst," he sighs, but places the bottle on the table. "Hope I still have time get my bolts." Peering at the case and the tiny dagger jammed in the keyhole, Agosto gingerly tries to pry it out while also unlocking the case's locking mechanism.

redjinx
2019-04-07, 09:26 AM
Ten nods to the guard. "Thank you for your cooperation. We may return later. For now -" he looks pointedly at Valric - "Lord Balav and I will be going." He starts to walk away, then turns back. "Hmm. You mentioned outstanding debtors? Do you have any names? My superiors may be interested in such a... maneuverable situation. There could be profit in it for both of us."

Nyan
2019-04-07, 04:19 PM
Viper

Seeing Agostos gesture towards the building again he quirked an eyebrow but understood his intention. And assuming that he is not obviously observed and could easily slink through the crowd he would go back in to the building as well.

If not he would simply stay and wait for him to return.

Once/If he returned in to the building he would close the door behind him and look over to the table where Agosto now stood. "Alright what's going on?..." He walks up to the table and he does not need an awnser as he sees the case and what it contains. "Okay...That is one way to deliver reinforcements..." He said completley serious. Not intending a joke of any kind. "...Let me help you with that lock." He says as he pulls out his theives tools. Intending to get it open with Agostos help seeing as Agosto lacked the nessesary tools.

Going to roll Perception to look around to see if he is observed. Make a choice between going in or not based on the result.

Then stealth to get in just to be sure.

Then a theives tools check with Agostos help. Assuming he does help im rolling it with advantage.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-07, 04:29 PM
Agosto

"Is that what this is? Hmm, I suppose it is. Though why she--are all fairies 'she?'--is in the case, instead of just being in the rom with us...that's a delightful mystery, isn't it?" Agosto replies. "I mean, sure, ok, go for it with the lock. I figured this one would appreciate being let out now, instead of having to wait for us to go to the Boros quartermaster and get back. Especially if she woke up in the middle of things."

Nyan
2019-04-07, 04:39 PM
Viper

As Viper started on the lock he would listen to Agostos comments and reply simply as he fiddled with his work. "I guess this is how the guild deemed for her to be delivered to her next mission. In the most discrete manner possible that is...And indeed lets get her out of this thing. She might know something we don't."

Kaisshau
2019-04-07, 08:16 PM
Agosto:
"Well, if you could just come find me, I don't think I'd be very discrete, would I? But, if you are interested in a future purchase there may be some near Dinrova who know know of a thopter seller that's always looking for new customers." Closing his coat, he seems to meld back into the crowd and he is quickly lost.

Taking the case back into the room, you are able to easily pull the dagger from the lock, but the case remains stubbornly closed. The dagger is quite small, too small for you to use easily. It has a small spider inscribed in the base. You also notice that the cloud of fog that had been obscuring the armoire is now gone. The doors are firmly closed once more.

Viper:
There is no one particularily interested in you, viewing you as another civilian in the throng. You are able to slip back into the building unnoticed.

Using your tools, you are able to pop the lock open. As you do so, a slight hiss escapes and you see gas start to leak from underneath the now-broken seal. Thankfully, it quickly disperses in the large room and you suffer no ill effects. You can pop the lid off quite easily with the lock disengaged. As you open the case, the faerie inside stirs slight but does not awaken. It is resting on a pile of papers contained inside the base of the cage.

Ten & Valric:
"Well, let me go get them. They're cooped up and cranky so it may be a little bit before I can get one of them to agree to come down to the street, but I know they'll be happy for a break from their current routine." As he heads off, he hears Ten state that you are leaving.
"Oh, no problem, friend. If you do need to come back, I'm here for the a while so I can bring one down whenever you're ready. Me and the boys have the day shift, and then we're off around suppertime. I wouldn't suggest coming back around after, those with the evening shift can be cruel and the night shift guys are downright mean. There's been some people sneaking around at night, and I think they enjoy the excuse to get a bit rough with anyone who gets too close."

Looking back at his group, he shuffles uncomfortably for a moment. "I guess I shouldn't say us boys though, we are an equal opportunity employer after all. And truth be told some of the ladies I've been working with could tear a strip from me if they had the inclination. Not that I would give them any reason to, no I wouldn't. My mother raised me to be a proper gentleman, and I intend to do her proud."

Peering at Ten, he continues. "Sorry, you were saying? Oh right, the debtors. No, it's the darndest thing. See, these folks had been owing quite a lot of money for a long time. Seems they had paid some Simic magers good money to flesh-change them, and this rightly angered the clerks as they couldn't prove they ways the same people. They'd finally found a way to verify their identity, but they need to bring them to the bank to do it. And then the Guildmaster forbade they from letting anyone in the bank! You can understand they were rightly upset, and demanded that they be allowed inside. They weren't going to budge, but never was she. And the way I hear it, some one told her she couldn't stop them from getting a permit but as Guildmaster she could forgive the debts. Now, I don't think whoever told her this thought she'd actually do it, mind you, but she went ahead and forgave all their debts! Just like that."
Shaking his head, he continues, "Now, while I'm not one for conspiratoral talk, my money's on Teysa been the one who told her she could do this. Would make sense why were haven't seen from her in a while, she'd be none too popular if they found out it was her idea."

Nyan
2019-04-07, 08:28 PM
Viper

After a few moments as he gets the lock open he explaims "Got it." With clear confidence. For a moment he leans back noticing the smoke not wanting to risk it being any poison but as soon as it dissapears he leans in again to get a closer look at the little woman in the jar. "Hmm...Well whatever that smoke was it seems to have kept her out cold...Lets give her a moment to wake up." He says as he gently reaches down in to the jar to see if he can slip the papers from under her. He is ofcourse careful letting her roll off the papers but if it does wake her up at the same time that is not a bad thing. Regardless if the fairy wakes up or not due to him removing her improvised bed he will unfold whatever papers he got to see what it says if anything.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-08, 07:43 AM
Agosto

Looking at the tiny dagger for a moment, he ultimately places it on the table near the case, but not in it, just in case. "I assume this is hers...clearly Guild-make from the insignia on it," he notes. Agosto stands slightly to the side, waiting for Viper to perform his handiwork on and waiting to see what, if anything, is on the papers under the fairy. "I hope that whatever it is, wears off quick. We have other things to do in limited time, after all."

redjinx
2019-04-09, 09:56 AM
Ten smiles widely. "Thank you, again, for your cooperation. My friend and I must be going now, I'm afraid." He leans in conspiratorially and lowers his voice. "If you happen to find out who exactly these forgiven debtors are, I would be most grateful. You understand what I'm saying, I'm sure? I'll be in touch." He nods to the guard one last time and starts toward Plaza Avenue, pulling Valric with him.

Etherion
2019-04-09, 03:05 PM
Valric resists the pull for a moment, pausing to ask one more question.
"Well, I guess we have to be going now. But first, one more question; I've been on vacation until recently, so I've not seen that new badge you're wearing. Mind if I ask what it means, and why it's being worn?"

Kaisshau
2019-04-10, 05:11 AM
Viper & Agosto:
Removing the papers from beneath the faerie shows them to be mostly scraps from an old ledger, with debts and payments on a singular account being recorded. On the backs of some of the scraps you see that someone else has used these to make notes, in an unfamiliar script. Agosto, you have never seen anyone use this type of lettering before. Most of the papers appear intentionally torn through the notes that had been written on the back. You are not able to put them together to form anything that appears to be a coherent sentence.

Valric & Ten:
Bowing to you as you leave, the guard shakes his head. "Oh, sir, I wouldn't know the specifics, mind you. I just get the rumors from the others. Not much to do but talk when turning everyone away. The stuffy ones with the ledgers, they would know. That's if they haven't burnt the originals in frustration. Not often they lose that much, that quickly."

Puffing up at Valric's question, you can tell this is a point of pride for him. "This? This is the personal badge of the Guildmaster, that it is. Only those trusted with her most important responsibilities gets to wear one. All us here at Viskopa have one, and then some messangers got them too. Hear she makes them all herself. Personally, I think it looks a bit like horns. Like one of them minotaurs, but different, you know?"

Looking back at his group, he gives you a curt nod. "Right. I should get back. I always get lost chatting. I'll get an earful from sergeant for sure. Let me know about that party." He then heads off to join back with the other guards.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-10, 04:30 PM
Agosto

"I hate to admit it, but I can't read this scribble," Agosto sighs. "Can you?" he asks Viper.

He gently extends a finger and pokes the pixie in the shoulder a couple times, nudging her but taking care not to actually hurt her tiny frame. "Hey. Hey. You're among..." Agosto almost says 'friends,' but stops himself. "You're among kindred spirits," he states instead. "We wanted to let you wake up all natural-like, but we don't have any more time for that, and if you can read this writing, I'm sure the shadows would be pleased by whatever secrets you can drag out of it sooner than later." he indicates the torn papers.

Agosto pauses, waiting for a response, half-eyeing the returned cabinets.

Nyan
2019-04-11, 02:43 PM
Viper

He tries to figure out the different peices of paper with Agosto and at Agostos question he simply shakes his head. "Not anything more besides the obvious...Scraps from an old ledger with some debts to an account...Cant read these notes either...Maybe our sleeping individual there could make some more sense of it." He says as he waits for Agosto's attempt to wake her up.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-11, 05:14 PM
Agosto

"It would make sense if she was the key to this linguistic puzzle," Agosto agrees, then pokes her again. "Seriously, is she dead? Do you know how to check if she's dead? That would be our luck, get an operative who knows an obscure language and their cute insertion method gives them a bad case of dead." He sighs, leans in, and peers to see if she is breathing.

redjinx
2019-04-12, 09:32 AM
Ten leads Valric towards an alleyway and pulls him inside, his pupils and iris disappearing again in the blue. He checks carefully for eavesdroppers, then speaks to him in a low voice.
"It's clear to me now that you haven't been briefed as to my place here. I should probably make something clear. Unlike you, I do not have a deep-cover identity. I don't have any identity. I am not a person, I am a tool. At the closure of our arrangement, you are to dispose of my..."
He trails off and blinks, his eyes briefly fading to red. He starts again uncertainly.
"...You are to dispose of your own memory... of my involvement. Until then, I am yours to use as you see fit. Are we clear? And what do you intend for us to do from here?"

Etherion
2019-04-12, 06:50 PM
Valric thinks for a moment before responding, studying the face of the man before him.
"Well, that explains what you meant earlier about needing a leader. Well, I'll be happy to fulfil that role, and I believe I understand what you are trying to say. In any case, to answer your question, due to my cover here I am able to gather a certain amount of information without arousing suspicion. At the moment, that is my goal; try and discover if anything is unusual in this area, see if I can figure out why we were placed here of all places. Vizkopa being closed is certainly... disconcerting, to say the least. I'd like to see the smaller banks, find out if they've heard anything useful."

Lizard Lord
2019-04-13, 02:53 PM
The fairy wakes up wakes up rubbing her eyes as she looks around the room. " Kindred spirits, huh? And you want me to read those papers? Well you did free me from that bottle so I suppose I can do a favor for some kindred spirits."

With that she will fly over to the papers to take a look at them scratching her chin as she does so.

redjinx
2019-04-13, 09:28 PM
Ten nods to Valric, their whispered aside having ended. “Very well, then. Lead the way.” He follows Valric out of the alleyway.

Etherion
2019-04-13, 09:36 PM
With everything settled with his coworker, Valric looks around for a bank that remains open; aiming to take out a loan with the same pretext of using it for party planning, as well as just asking the teller about current events and political opinions.

Kaisshau
2019-04-14, 01:40 PM
Silk:
Examining the papers, you believe it should be possible to put the pieces of it together such that the writing on the back of the ledger forms a legible message, but you're not able to figure out how to arrange the scraps into anything that makes sense.

Ten & Valric:
A short distance down the boulevard you notice a sign emblazoned with "Gimbal & SonS", with a scale below. Many people are coming out of the entranceway, some with bulging pockets, others near tears. A line snakes it's way out one side and down the street a short distance. Despite the people rapidly queuing up, it is moving at a steady pace. There are two guards you can see, one ensuring those who leave clear a path and one keeping order in the queue. They are significantly less impressive than those at Vizpoka, their armour a dull copper rather than burnished gold.

Etherion
2019-04-14, 05:31 PM
Valric walks up to the doorway, right past the lineup, giving the guard a friendly smile and a nod as he moves to enter. If the guard makes an attempt to spot him, after a brief flicker of annoyance crosses his face, he'll smile genially and say "Ah, of course, I typically don't bother with banks like these so you wouldn't know. You see, my time is far too precious to be wasted in lines this long. Now, I'll just be heading in there, and I'll be done with my business before you know it, and you'll be the one who helped out a Balav on the unfortunate occasion Vizkopa was closed."

Lizard Lord
2019-04-15, 02:49 AM
Silk floats back and forth scratching her chin as she looks at the papers. "Hmmm yes, I see. Okay. So what we have here is.......a big pile of stupid jumbled gibberish. This sort of nonsense is my least favorite part of any job." The fairy mimes stomping her feet in midair as she crosses her arms and pouts while hovering in place.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-15, 11:16 AM
Agosto

“Glad you’re finally able to join us. Also, I believe that dagger is yours. Whether or not any of these wardrobes contains something for you...well, go ahead and try, I suppose. We have some other matters to attend on a limited timeframe, though.” Agosto indicates the black wardrobes and the dagger on the table. “We should have time to look over these messages later. If you’re unclear why you’re here, the mark on the dagger should clue you in.”

Kaisshau
2019-04-15, 07:37 PM
Valric:

As you attempt to walk past the line, the guard ushering people out interposes himself between you and the entrance.
"Sorry sire, I'm not familiar with the name. We've been asked to maintain the line and keep order, too many people coming in an' out to let them go at will. Ever since they've closed Vizkopa it's been chaos round here. I can't let you come in the exit, that wouldn't help you nor me. I could let you skip the line a bit, if that helps."

Etherion
2019-04-16, 12:29 AM
”I suppose that will have to do.” Valric responds with a sigh, moving to the spot in line given by the guard.

Nyan
2019-04-16, 04:34 PM
Viper

He watched as the fairy woke up, rubbed here eyes and proceeded to move over to the papers to take a look. Letting out a small sigh of defeat when the fairy could not figure out the note scraps either. "Alright...Well let's get moving and we can convene with the others later and see if one of them could figure out the notes." He says as he gathers up the scraps and puts them in a closed pocket. He then gestures towards the fairy. "You can call me Viper and this is Agosto." He nods towards Agosto before continuing. "We have yet to figure out what our leaders intend for us to do here but I can tell you what we do know." He then gives a shorter version of the mysterious individuals monolouge that they heard as they first arrived in this room and also adds: "And we are currently in Orzov territory that borders the Azorious. Our other associates Ten and Valric has left to check around the Orzov banks for information while me and Agosto are intending to travle to the Boros Armory to gather some supplies using my connections." After his quick debreifing he would then gesture from the Fairy to Agosto. "Let us know what to call you and then perhaps hide yourself in his uniform. We probably should not have you flying around in the open." Unless the Fairy had questions or wanted to add any information he would simply walk to the door waiting for them to be ready to leave. "Oh by the way Agosto. My cover name is Jack." He adds as he looks over his shoulder.

Kaisshau
2019-04-18, 09:58 AM
Valric:
The guard waves over the other one, and allows you to go to the front of the line, despite the muttered protests from the others in the line. Once inside you are in a lobby, roughly 30 feet by 15 feet, with a small area cordoned off by a velvet rope. There are seven manned wickets. The bank is well maintained, with a small seating area to your right as you enter. A third guard is standing near this area, ensuring a smooth flow of people through the bank.

Shortly after you are ushered to the head of the line, the fifth wicket becomes free and the clerk beckons you over.

As you approach the thick glass they are seated behind, they ask without looking up, "Family name, authorized member, and location of account?"

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-18, 12:44 PM
Agosto

Nodding, the man motions for the fairy to find a place to hide in his jacket. "Yeah, let's get a move on. Who knows how long the others might be at the bank, especially when they have all the right Orzhov colors and symbols. We should hurry this up so we can get back and compare intel." With that, he starts to head for the door.

Etherion
2019-04-19, 05:34 PM
Valric gives the teller the requested information, then continues to speak.
"So, how's your day going? Bet you're not used to being so busy, eh? Anyways, I'm looking to take out a loan. Have a party coming up, you know how it is."

Kaisshau
2019-04-20, 10:05 AM
Agosto, Viper, & Silk:
As you leave the hideout again, you set off east, heading towards the nearest Boros garrison. After a short walk, you arrive, the wooden pallisades a stark contrast to the stone and splendour of the Orzhov. As you approach the gate, a nervous recruit sees Agosto's uniform & salutes.
"Good day, sir! Are you here to see the Captain?"

Ten & Valric:
"Yes, ever since they've closed up Vizkopa we've been swamped. Everyone's acting like it's the end of the world." Taking your info, the clerk jots it down before looking at a door near the back and then past you to the seating area. "A loan? You'll need to talk to Mr. Gimbal for that. He's busy right now, do you have a moment to wait?"

Etherion
2019-04-20, 12:31 PM
Valric tilts his head, and asks with some confusion in his voice, "Wait, ever since? How long has it been closed? I've not been in the area lately, so I thought it was just today."
Hearing that the man responsible for loans is busy, Valric lets out a weary sigh before responding "Yes, I can wait. How long do you suppose he'll be? I have other business to attend to today."

redjinx
2019-04-20, 02:37 PM
“As do I,” Ten cuts in. “Here, quite possibly. I’m -” he hesitates - “Looking into a... misallocation of funds. Official business, you understand. While you’re helping Lord Balav, I’d best speak to any of your superiors. I’m already late. It shouldn’t take long.”

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-21, 11:11 AM
Agosto

Giving the standard Boros salute, Agosto says, "At ease, legionary. No, just on a supply run to the quartermaster." Glancing around, Agosto tries to visually ensure that this location is set up like all the rest of the standardized Boros encampments...and keep an eye out for anything strange. Though he turns back to the guard. "Don't take this the wrong way, lad, but...I know someone on alert when I see one. Something going on around here that's got you on edge?"

Kaisshau
2019-04-21, 01:37 PM
Valric & Ten:
"I'm not quite sure exactly when they finally sealed it up, but they've been tightening the reins for a few weeks now. I think it started right around when the new Guildmaster took over. People had been talking about strange going-ons at Vizkopa and I don't think she liked the rumours. But if you'd like to wait for Mr. Gimbal please take a seat over there," she says, gesturing to the seating area and the guard.
Turning, she addresses Ten, "Oh, sire, Mr. Gimbal's the only one in charge around here. I know it says he has sons but I haven't seen anyone going into that office without him. I think it might just be a gimmick." She glances back to the west of the building, where you can see a large closed door. You see a momentary pained expression cloud her face.
"He's just dealing with some delinquent debtors now, it shouldn't be more than a moment."

Agosto, Viper & Silk:
"Yes. Sir. I mean no. Sir. I mean yes, the quartermaster is in. And no, just nervous Sir. Well, and there's been a nervous energy around. I'm new Sir, and I haven't much experience with how things normally are. But people are real jumpy."
As you look around, the garrison appears to be laid out as you would have expected and seen many times before.
You also get the impression that the legionnaire is not telling you everything.

redjinx
2019-04-21, 04:49 PM
Ten inclines his head, following the teller’s eyes to the back. “I should really see him now, or I’ll be late to report back. I’m sure I can assist him with whatever business he needs to finish first - we’ll both be done faster that way.”

Etherion
2019-04-21, 09:11 PM
Valric nods and takes a seat, letting Ten talk to the teller. After sitting down he tries to listen to the conversations around him, seeing if he can hear any interesting news.

Nyan
2019-04-23, 08:56 PM
Viper

As Agosto moved through the crowd he would stick with him and fake some smalltalk without trying to do much else beyond blending in with the other commoners.

As they aproached the entrance to the boros garrisons he would take a step back and simply let agosto deal with this for now. But he is prepared to interject should he need to.

Whiskeyjack
2019-04-24, 02:43 PM
Agosto

Agosto claps the man on the shoulder. "I'm sure it'll all be fine, but...I just recently arrived in the district myself. I need to know the situation on the ground to do my job here." He pauses. "Hey, do you happen to know what the deal is with that new insignia on the Orzhov goons? I've never seen anything like it. Like a pair of horns or something. If you know anything about that, I'd appreciate the intel. Also, if there's anything you're not telling me," he clears his throat and looks around. "I can keep it between just the two of us. But I really need to know. What I don't know, could affect my mission, you know? And I don't know what I don't know."

Kaisshau
2019-04-29, 02:07 AM
Agosto:
Clearly unaccustomed to being the focus of attention, the recruit stammers.
"Sir, I haven't seen anything new with the Orzhov, least not with the ones round here. I don't get out much though sir. Just guard duty sir. If it's horns you're after, maybe it's the minotaurs sir? We've got lots of them round here now, sir. Drilling like we're preparing for war, sir."

Looking up at you, the soldier is clearly troubled by something. "But there was something else, sir. There was an Orzhov, sir, came through here about an hour ago. Walked right through like he owned the place. Think he might have been a mage or something. I went to stop him but captain waved me down. That's not like him, sir. He's a stickler for protocol. You want me to fetch you the captain, sir?"

Ten:
At your insistence, her countenance darkens and she becomes quite cross, raising her voice. "Sir, I must insist that you wait. We have been instructed in no uncertain terms that Mr. Gimbal is not to be interrupted when dealing with debtors, and if you will not be patient I will have to ask you to leave."
As she speaks, she motions towards the guards. One moves closer to Valric at the seating area, one interposes himself between the two of you, and one approaches you from the other side.

redjinx
2019-04-29, 01:00 PM
Ten raises an eyebrow. "Very well, very well. There's no call for that. I was simply offering assistance." He sits next to Valric to wait.

Whiskeyjack
2019-05-01, 08:09 AM
Agosto

Shrugging, Agosto turns in the direction of the Quartermaster's office. "That's all strange. I would hate to bother the Captain about it now though. I'll check things out after I see the Quartermaster." He pauses. "Maybe we are preparing for war. Keep a solid head on your shoulders and you'll make it through, though.

Agosto jerks his chin at Viper and starts heading for the Quartermaster, keeping an eye out for people looking high-rank and/or groups of minotaurs.

Nyan
2019-05-02, 12:37 PM
Viper

When Agosto finished the conversation with the recruit he followed suit as Agosto headed onward. Once past the gates themselves and in to the compound proper he leans in and whispers to Agosto breifly. "Let's get this done and then head back. We have a lead to follow now with that Orzov individual but we should not persue it without the others."

Kaisshau
2019-05-03, 01:14 AM
Ten & Valric:
As you wait, you realize that you alone are waiting to see Mr. Gimbal. You are able to catch snippets of conversations, and from what you overhear you can deduce that when others are told they need to speak with Mr. Gimbal they do not choose to wait and instead leave, usually in tears.

After a few minutes, the westward rear door of the bank opens and a portly figure strolls out, quickly shutting the door behind him. He is a short man with thinning blond hair. He is wearing opulent robes, inlaid with gemstones, trimmed in gold, and practically gleaming. As he comes around the line of clerks and steps forward nearby patrons recoil slightly, and he appears to be sweating and somewhat out of breath.

"Greetings, sirs! Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. This is truly the best day of your life. Will you come with me to discuss the terms of your debt?" As he speaks, he gestures for you to follow him as he waddles back past the clerks and towards the door in the middle of the back wall.

Viper & Agosto:
As you head for the Quartermaster's office, you don't see any minotaurs but you can hear their braying laughter and booming voices coming from the direction of the barracks. There appears to be some loud discussion happening from the direction of the infirmary as well, but you aren't able to discern any details over the din of the camp.

Entering the Quartermaster's Office, you are greeted by the pungent odor of vinegar and see a thin man seated behind a desk, stacks of papers balanced like the ill-suited spectacles on the bridge of his nose. Upon your entry, the guard near the door snaps to attention but the man at the desk just looks you over, then lets out a sigh and continues with his paperwork.
"Another new patrol, I assume? Or just trying to get away from the blasted minotaurs and so you stumbled in here?"

redjinx
2019-05-03, 08:35 AM
Ten follows Gimbal down the hall, his face carefully expressionless. "Lord Balav here is seeking a loan, yes. I'm merely assigned to supervise. Actually, I have more official business here as well. We can discuss that afterwards." He smiles wryly. "Your employee was quite insistent that I not interrupt you, even to assist. You keep a very well-ordered business here; I can respect that."

Nyan
2019-05-03, 01:17 PM
Viper

As they move towards the garrison he makes quick note of the area around them but does not pay any specific attention to anything in perticular. As they enter the garrison itself Viper slaps Agosto on the back and proclaims so the people in the room can hear. "Here's the garrisson and thats the guy you leave the form to." He gestures towards the man by the desk. After he then steps to the other side of the door and leans up against the wall crossing his arms as if he is there simply to observe Agosto. At the comment about the minotaurs however he responds to the Quartermaster. "You could say allitle bit of both." He chuckles in gest. "What is up with the amount of minotaurs around here anyway? They dont gather in force like this normaly. If I didn't live here I would think I've stumbled in to gruul territory." He scoffs allitle, feigning annoyance over the fact hoping that it would make the Quartermaster more comfortable in opening up about it.

Etherion
2019-05-05, 02:21 PM
Valric grins widely as he greets Mr Gimbal, ”It’s a pleasure to meet you! I’m Nicos Balav and, we’ll, I have a party coming up that I need some funds to prepare for. And honestly, with how dour the city seems lately it seems we need some festivity. What on earth is everyone’s problem, anyways? I’ve been away with family the last little while, and I feel I’ve missed something rather depressing, with how everyone is acting.” With a resigned shrug and a sigh, Valric continues. “In any case, this dejected attitude I’ve been seeing everywhere, simply will not do for my birthday gala, I’m sure you understand.

Kaisshau
2019-05-07, 12:06 PM
Ten & Valric:
As Ten speaks, Mr. Gimbal furrows his brow and shakes his head. He continues walking and begins to mutter. "Official business? Like with Vizkopa? No, my bank can't be closed. We've got too much business now, no. We're going to be staying open. We're a needed establishment, we're a pillar of the community."

Upon entering the room, you see a large table in the center, with several overstuffed chairs around it. There are shelves along the north wall and a small serving table on the south, with a golden pitcher and golden goblets atop a gold serving tray. The table has a design painted in gold, and the chair backs have the same symbol stitched in gold thread. Mr. Gimbal gestures for you to take two chairs on one side, then plops himself down across from you, wheezing slightly as he does.

Turning to Valric, he grins widely, showing many polished teeth. "A party? Oh, a party is desperately needed. Everyone's been in such a sour mood since the new guildmaster took over. And I know how to throw a great party, trust me. I've been to some of the best. A loan for a party? We can definitely assist with that."
Reaching into his robe, he pulls out a satchel and begins removing papers from it.

"Now, will you be providing the collateral for this loan?"

redjinx
2019-05-08, 10:14 AM
Ten pulls out the goblet he took from the chamber. "Indeed. We haven't had time to get it valued yet, but I'm sure you're a connoisseur of such things. Although -" he glances dryly at the smaller cups on the table - "I'd be surprised if it wasn't worth rather more than the rest."

Etherion
2019-05-08, 08:40 PM
Valric hides his surprise when the goblet is offered as collateral, but then leans forward, rubbing his hands together.
”Let’s get down to business, shall we?”

Whiskeyjack
2019-05-08, 09:06 PM
Agosto

Turning with a smile to Viper, Agosto responds, "Thanks Jack, you know they say it's the same in every camp, but I always like to ask a district local to show me around." He makes for the main requisition desk, handing over the set of papers. "I'm detailed as skirmish/recon," he begins. "Though my trip here ran into a bit of trouble, and I'm short some bolts and tools," he pulls a face. "But a proper QM is always a sight for sore eyes," he winks at the desk clerk.

The papers are a standard set of Boros requisition lists, filled out per regulations, with a number of items notated. Agosto leans against the counter. "I have to agree with my friend there. What's with the minotaurs? They're more common where I'm from but...not this common even there. And why is Orzhov wearing minotaur horns on their insignia too?"

Please see the OOC thread for the item list.

Kaisshau
2019-05-13, 02:00 AM
Ten & Valric:
Eyes widening, Mr. Gimbal snatches the goblet from your hand. "Where did you get this? I thought they had all been destroyed." Setting the goblet beside himself, he flashes a predatory grin at you. "While that may have been worth something once, having it now could land you in a host of trouble. I'll take it for safekeeping and dispose of it accordingly."

"Now, Mr. Balav, in terms of your loan," as he speaks Mr. Gimbal pulls our papers and begins filling them out, speaking quickly and getting faster as he goes, his hands flying over the pages in front of him.

"I would be willing to lend you any amount between 5,000 and 20,000 zinos, with the proper collateral. Payments would begin in six months time, and continue until the loan is paid out. Payments are to be .5% of principal plus accrued interest as well as any previously missed payments or unpaid interest. Interest would be 6% annually, compounded monthly, with a two month grace period. Early repayment would carry a fee of 2% of the total loan, less interest already paid. Further loans would reset the repayment fee to 3% the total amount loaned, again minus any interest paid. If payments are missed, a fee of 1% of the amount owing per payment missed will be added to the total amount loaned and interest will increase by 0.5% per missed payment to a maximum of 25%. Missed payments also reset the early repayment fee and make the entire loan due, subject to the bank's discretion."
Pushing the reams of paperwork towards Valric, he points to a spot on the front page and a spot on the last page.
"Write the amount you wish to borrow here, and sign and initial here and the money will be yours."

Ten, when Mr. Gimbal has stopped talking and is waiting for Valric to respond, you think you can hear muffled sobbing.

Agosto & Viper:
Taking your form, the Quartermaster scans it quickly before stamping it and handing it back to you. "Take that to the Armory and they should get you sorted out right away."
Gesturing to the guard standing by the door, he continues as he flips through papers, "Gerald can help you find the Armory, if you need. 'Course, it's just next door so if you can't find it, I pity your captain."
Chuckling to himself, he sets his papers down. “Can’t say about the minotaurs exactly. Might just be all the bodies they can find. The higher ups usually act like we’re ten seconds from total war but lately they’ve been even more focused. I know the Gruul have been pushing boundaries and getting restless, but they’re recruiting like we’re about to be invaded.”
Shaking his head, he scoffs. “Minotaur horns on the Orzhov? Now that’d be something. Not that I wouldn’t want to see it, but we don’t get many of them through the camp willingly. Fewer still inside this office.”
Picking up his papers, he waves you out. “Now, unless you’ve got more requisitions or can make a decent cup of tea appear out of thin air, I’ve got a half ton of forms and a teaspoon of patience, so you best get on your way.”

redjinx
2019-05-13, 08:10 AM
Ten narrows his eyes, near-silently muttering an incantation as Gimbal takes the goblet and extending his mind outward, casting Detect Thoughts. "I appreciate your concern, but that is not your property. We are well aware of what it is, and if you are not interested in it as collateral, I'm afraid we'll have to ask for it back. If destruction is its fate, we can facilitate that ourselves."
He flips through the paperwork, pretending to peruse it while searching for the mind at the source of the sobbing and gently eavesdropping on Gimbal's thoughts. "Your terms are admirably prepared for any contingency, but surely they cannot compose the sheer volume of specifics here. What details did you leave out? I'm sure Lord Balav would like to know the full extent of the contract."

Etherion
2019-05-13, 12:14 PM
Valric starts scanning the paperwork, making sure everything is in order. While doing so, he says casually, ”To be honest, I don’t actually know what that is, beyond a cup. Why are they being destroyed, did someone decide that drinking should be prohibited?”

Whiskeyjack
2019-05-13, 12:58 PM
Agosto

"Cheers, hmm, what part of the area are the Gruul pushing at? Ah, I guess that's a question for another component at the end of the day," Agosto chuckles, taking the requisition forms back and offering a salute to the Quartermaster. "Much obliged, and good luck with all the armor re-fitting for those minotaurs," he laughs, heading out the door. "Hey Jack, I might need a hand with this stuff after all," he adds to Viper as he moves towards the adjacent armory.

Nyan
2019-05-14, 05:49 PM
Viper

He patiently waits for the form to be accepted feeling a slight releif that everything goes properly. When Agosto speaks to him and heads towards the armory he sighs allitle and moves to follow. "Alright, alright I'll help. But keep in mind I'm techincally off duty so consider this a favour."

Should we time skip to the point we get back to the hideout with the gear? Cause unless Agosto has something else he wants to do then I feel content as we are. And ofc we could roll relevant checks to haul all the things back without turning any heads.

Kaisshau
2019-05-17, 01:16 AM
Valric:
Looking closely at the documents, you notice that there is writing on the back of the pages that Mr. Gimbal is using for the contract. You recognize that it is law magic. If you sign the contract and fail to comply with the terms of the contract and repay it in full, your soul shall be bound into the service of Mr. Gimbal for 100 years upon your death. While you are alive this magic will have no effect, this magical contract only becoming binding on your soul at the moment of your passing. You are aware that upon entering into the contract, there would be very few ways for you to break it, requiring powerful magic or the consent of all parties to the contract. You also note that the writing on the back appears to be in a different style than the parts which Mr. Gimbal filled in on the front.

Ten:
You are able to successfully cast your spell without Mr. Gimbal noticing. Focusing on him, you can tell that he is both intrigued and alarmed by the goblet. He is skeptical of it's authenticity, but the word "Obzedat" weaves throughout his mind as he considers it. As you question him regarding the paperwork, you can sense that he is excited by the idea of having a noble in debt to him, and is anxious to get Valric to sign the papers as quickly as possible without close examination.

Probing for other thoughts, you can sense someone in the other room where Mr. Gimbal had previously come from, just at the periphery of your spell. Because of the range and intervening wall their thoughts are muffled, but you can sense strong emotions of fear and regret associated with Mr. Gimbal.

Viper & Agosto:
Heading to the armory, you provide your signed authoriation to the arms clerk and are given the gear listed in short order. Unsure about the last item listed, they provide you with a tether used to secure griffins. It is approximately 4 feet in length, with a hoop on one end. The other end is sharpened and slightly twisted, intended to be secured in the ground.

Gathering the gear, you make your way back towards the building where you awoke. You notice as you pass that the commotion in the infirmary has died down. As you head out the gates the guard you spoke with offers a quick salute, which transforms into a wave, then back to a salute as a gruff man marches over to the soldier and begins barking at him. Getting the gear and travelling back with it will take approximately 30 minutes.

redjinx
2019-05-17, 09:25 AM
Ten glances at Valric. "Mr. Gimbal, I'm afraid that since you will not accept our collateral, I'm not certain we can reach an agreement at this time. Perhaps we will return later with alternatives, or perhaps Lord Balav has a suggestion. For now, if you will please return that -" he reaches for the goblet - "And then you and I can discuss my official business here."

Etherion
2019-05-20, 02:41 PM
After inspecting the paperwork and hearing Ten’s remark, Valric speaks up as well.
”Also, while most of this contract seems fairly standard, I thought the new guild master frowned upon provisions such as what you have on the back here. Let the dead be dead and all that.”

Whiskeyjack
2019-05-21, 08:36 AM
Agosto

Taking the opportunity to stow the crossbow bolts, personally-requested blades, and shield on his person, with the rest of the gear in a knapsack, Agosto heads back out with Viper in tow. He does offer the man the extra legionary outfit he requested, if he wants to change into it now.

"That went well," Agosto mutters. "I feel better having more ammo on me at the very least. Though I would like to figure out why things are so tense and where the Gruul are though, if we can. There's Boros standard preparatory footing and there's this. Everything just seems...amped up. Not to mention those weird sigils on the Orzhov livery, I don't like that one bit."

We noticed a commotion in the infirmary?

Kaisshau
2019-05-23, 05:55 AM
Ten & Valric:
While Mr. Gimbal had scoffed and begun to speak to Ten, he stopped and began sputtering in response to Valric's comment. "I, I, I, I don't know what you mean. You, you come into my business with these banned artefacts and now you're accusing me of impropriety? I am a pillar of this community. I should call my guards on you right now!"
As he speaks, Mr. Gimbal starts to edge his chair backwards, and glances at the bookcase behind him.

redjinx
2019-05-23, 08:58 AM
Ten holds up his hands in a calming spread. "Mr Gimbal, no one is accusing you of anything. We're simply concerned about our investment, just as you surely are. It's unfortunate that the only collateral we brought with us is unacceptable to you, but rest assured we have other options on the table. There's no need for hostility."

He glances doubtfully at the hieromantic contract. "I believe Lord Balav is right that this sort of thing has fallen out of favor. It's not that bankruptcy is likely to come into play, of course, only that we would have preferred you to tell us at least. An exhaustive contract is all well and good, but the guild doesn't encourage hidden clauses. Still, no harm done, no hard feelings."

He puts the contract down and sighs slightly. "It's no one's fault, you understand, but since we find ourselves without workable collateral I don't see how we can proceed with the loan just now. I'm sure we can come to some arrangement sometime later. But, for the third time, I am going to have to ask that you return Lord Balav's goblet so that we can move on to official matters for now - I have already missed one appointment today. And, to forestall your worries, your bank is in no danger of being shut down."

Etherion
2019-05-24, 04:57 PM
With a sigh and a roll of his eyes, Valric responds.
"So far as I've been told, such clauses are not illegal, just idiotic." Speaking with a bored look on his face, Valric puts heavy stress on the words illegal and idiotic. "I've not heard of anyone being punished for keeping ghost servants, but our guild master is in the habit of going over owner's heads and forgiving their debts. Clauses like this," As he says this, Valric taps the paper; "Accomplish nothing beyond frightening or angering those who are able to notice it.
Now, I'm still willing to do business with you, since Vizkopa is closed, but I'm not going to just sit here as you insult me like this."

Nyan
2019-05-26, 03:57 PM
Viper

As they enter the hideout he puts the equipment he is carrying on the table and nods in agreement to Agostos comments. "Indeed there seems to be trouble brewing wherever we turn. But that is probably why we were put here. To figure out what is going on. So to summarise what we have found out thus far: First there has been an Orzov official of some kind entering Boros territory without inspection. Second a general increase of force numbers and preperation within the Boros Legion. Finaly the Gruul has increased the rate of their riots." He sighs. "It's not much to go on but it is something. Perhaps depending on what we learn about the Orzov from the others our next step could be to retrace the steps of that Orzov official who we heard about to figure out what he wanted with the Boros if anything. If everyone agrees on that we could all go and see if we can contact an individual I know who has much more knowledge about what the Boros is doing than myself." He then walks over to one of the chairs and sits down.

"For now we should wait for the others to return. We have done all we can. What are your thoughts on how to proceed Agosto? And you as well Silk for that matter...What are your thoughts?" He comments looking at Agosto to see if their Fairy compatriot is still around.

Kaisshau
2019-05-27, 12:55 PM
Ten:
Turning your attention back to Mr. Gimbal, his mind is a flurry of activity, alternating between panic, indignation, fear, and regret. As he looks towards the bookcase he thinks of his guards and safety, but when he turns back to you his fear rises. He appears to be gauging the distance between himself, yourself, and the bookcase.
Suddenly grabbing the goblet, he hurls it at you before pushing back his chair, attempting to stand and turn.
"Out, out! I won't deal with anyone who brings in these forbidden relics and tries to sully my name. I don't care what business you have. Take your cursed cup and go!"

Valric:
As you and Ten speak, Mr. Gimbal turns from his assuredly artificial tanned hue to a deep crimson, before settling on a shocked alabaster. He continues to scoot away, turning to look at the bookcase several times. He then suddenly grabs the goblet and hurls it at Ten while he attempts to spring out of his chair, with much effort.

Etherion
2019-05-27, 01:39 PM
Valric raises an eyebrow at the outburst and responds "So this is how you react when someone actually reads your contract? No wonder your bank is small. In any case, I believe we're done here."
With this, Valric shrugs, rises from his seat and moves towards the door.

redjinx
2019-05-28, 08:24 AM
Ten stands as well, but moves toward Gimbal instead, picking up the goblet as he goes. "You may be done here, Lord Balav, but I'm afraid I'm not. Mr. Gimbal, I can respect your decision not to deal with us financially, but when it comes to my official business here, it's neither your decision nor mine. My superiors in the church have asked me to confirm or deny a suspicion, and I think I've done the former. What's in the bookcase, Mr. Gimbal?"

Kaisshau
2019-05-29, 02:11 PM
Ten:
As you approach Mr. Gimbal, you can sense his panic rising and he continues to retreat towards the bookcase, trying to throw himself backwards towards the bookcase and away from you. The only thoughts you can sense are terror and the word "Guards".

If you wish to try to stop him from moving to the bookcase, please make a Grapple roll.

Valric:
You see Mr. Gimbal continuing back towards the bookcase, attempting to get away from Ten and close the distance to the bookcase as quickly as he can without turning around. He is not paying any attention to you.

Kaisshau
2019-06-03, 08:27 PM
Ten:
As Mr. Gimbal flails backwards, you manage to catch hold of his robes and he tumbles to the ground. Once he shifts his ponderous bulk he is lying on his back, staring up at you in terror. His thoughts are a jumble of panic, last regrets, and (very few) loved ones.
"Please, just go," he sobs, still trying to scoot backwards. "Just take it and go. I won't tell anyone about it, or that you were here. I don't want to be involved in any of t-this."

Etherion
2019-06-03, 08:47 PM
”Any of what?!? Honestly, this is the least professional bank I’ve ever been to! I just wanted a blasted loan, so I could host a party in this miserable city, and grabbed some old dusty trinket as collateral! Rest assured, you’ll never get any of my business after this pathetic display, and I’ll be sure to let others know which bank to avoid!”
With this rant, Valric storms out of the office, rolling his eyes after turning away from the banker.

redjinx
2019-06-03, 10:02 PM
Ten looks disgustedly at Gimbal. "You idiot, I'm not going to kill you. Is that what you've been thinking? That I'm some sort of... ugh, you're useless, aren't you?" He raises a hand as if to strike the prostrate banker, then lowers it again. "Oh, there's no point. Pull yourself together, man. And if I were you, I wouldn't tell anyone about this, even knowing I'm not out to harm you. This is a hell of a lot more embarrassing for you than it is for me."
He moves as if to turn, but pauses, still holding Gimbal's robes almost absently. "One more thing. What do you mean, 'cursed' cup? I thought this was just a cup with vague ties to the Obzedat. What is it, precisely?"

Whiskeyjack
2019-06-04, 12:50 PM
Agosto

"I hope our compatriots were able to learn more at the Banks. I don't like knowing why the Orzhov symbol changed. The Boros mobilization can likely be tied to the Gruul, but it also seems like greater cooperation with Orzhov, as you said. The bankers seem to be in an ascendency. I'd like to know what the Senate thinks of that." He looks around for the fairy. "Oh right, where did she end up?"

Kaisshau
2019-06-05, 01:09 PM
Ten & Valric:
"You don't know?" He gasps, looking at Ten in astonishment. "You come into my bank with that and you don't even know what it is?"
Turning to Valric, he chuckles.
"You really have been away long if you would keep company with this fool."

Struggling into a seated position, he chuckles again before putting on a fake concerned expression. "That, my dear moron, is a goblet with far more than "vague ties to the Obzedat", or at least a reasonable facsimile of one. They used them when swearing oaths of fealty, which you would know if you were anyone worth knowing. Xaxosz's or Vuliev's, if I had to guess. The new guildmaster has banned that practice, like many others, and ordered them all destroyed."

Looking back to Valric, he points at the door. "I suggest you take your idiotic lap dog and run along home. And stop waiving that thing around before someone notices and you get in real trouble."

Ten:
As Mr. Gimbal is speaking, his thoughts are a jumble of curses and threats. After he finishes, he pauses and then you manage to catch the distinct thought "And before I..." but your spell expires before he finishes the thought.

redjinx
2019-06-08, 12:03 PM
Ten's expression sours at Gimbal's insults, but he says nothing, instead following Valric out the door.
"Well, that was interesting," he says in a low tone. "We should meet back up with the others. And quickly. I'm not sure Gimbal can be trusted to leave us alone - I doubt he has the resources to pose a real threat, but I'm sure it wouldn't serve our interests to get into a real altercation."

Etherion
2019-06-08, 12:26 PM
Agreed. I’d rather not get the attention of the new guild master. I think we’ve learned as much as we could from this excursion anyways.
With this, Valric makes his way towards the safe house.

Kaisshau
2019-06-09, 09:04 PM
Ten & Valric:
Leaving the meeting room and the bank, you receive some odd looks, particularly from the clerk you had spoken with earlier, but you are allowed to leave without issue. As you join those streaming out of the bank and step onto the street you notice the foot traffic has reduced, and you can see the sun is starting to disappear behind the buildings.

You make it back to the safehouse, which to you stands out as a blight on such a proud street, but it does not seem to bother those walking past. As you slip into the doorway, your fingers tingle and the hair on the back of your neck stands up.

Please make a perception roll.

Kaisshau
2019-06-10, 07:15 PM
Valric:
As you enter the building, you realize that the odd feeling you are sensing is someone attempting to scry the building, and an imperceptible field preventing them from doing so. You also notice that those around the building seem to be subtly steered away from it by an unseen force, and anyone who is looking at you seems to forget you exist when you get close to the building.

Etherion
2019-06-11, 06:04 PM
Once safely inside the safehouse, Valric comments
"Seems like someone is trying to find us. Feels like someone was trying to scry us, but the safehouse blocked it."

redjinx
2019-06-12, 08:17 AM
"Sounds like Azorius," Ten replies. "Seems they're spying on everyone these days. But maybe Gimbal has access to more than expected. We should wait for the others to get back before we leave, whoever it might be."
He looks at the building appraisingly. "If the safehouse is blocking the scrying, it must be warded somehow. It might be useful to know who warded it, and how. Or perhaps it's just a curiosity."

Etherion
2019-06-12, 02:37 PM
"You're surprised the safehouse is warded? I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Wouldn't be much of a safehouse if people could just stumble upon it. I agree that we should wait for the others to get back though."

Nyan
2019-06-12, 06:31 PM
Viper

Seeing the other two enter finally he stands up from his chair. He quirks a brow at Valrics comment about the safehouse being scryed uppon and he rubs the bridge of his nose as Ten makes his suggestions as to whom it could be.

"So..." He clears his throat to make his presence known to the two. "Me and Agosto have been waiting for you infact. We got the gear as planned and some info we could go on..." He then looks at both of them in turn. Slight annoyance on his expression. "Now please explain what you two did that warranted someone scrying on us and please tell me whatever information you got was worth it..."

redjinx
2019-06-14, 03:12 PM
Ten glances at Valric. "It was my fault, really, but I'm not sure we accomplished much. I'll let him explain."

Etherion
2019-06-17, 07:54 AM
Valric shrugs before saying, "I attempted to take out a loan. Acquire some funds for our mission, as well as hear what's been going on in this area lately. Ten offered up the goblet we found earlier as collateral, and apparently it's a proscribed item, connected to the Obzedat. Used to swear oaths of fealty. In any case, the banker was none too happy to see it. Also of note, Vizkopa bank is closed; which never happens. Reserved for official guild business, which tells me that Kaya is up to something."

Nyan
2019-06-17, 05:35 PM
Viper

Vipers eyes go wide when he says the goblet is an item used personaly by the Obzedat but looks more and more puzzled as his explanation continues. "Okay...So I doubt the Obzedat is very happy about that being stolen...I would like to know what our masters intend for us to do with it. But why in the world would the Obzedat forbid the use of the goblets in the first place?...And who is this Kaya you speak of?" Viper asks clearly not having heard the news the Obzedat have been eliminated.

Etherion
2019-06-17, 05:53 PM
With a sigh that makes his thoughts on the event clear, Valric explains. ”Well, you see, the obzedat is dead. Or rather, more dead than usual. Kaya came in and killed them, then took over; much to the detriment of the guild. The problem is, she’s an assassin, not a politician or an accountant, and some of her rulings have been rather devastating for the guild, leaving many formerly well to do families in poverty.”

redjinx
2019-06-18, 01:37 PM
Ten shakes his head. "Hmm... that guard at Vizkopa mentioned debts she forgave. Simic body changes, wasn't it? Now what kind of person would take out an Orzhov loan - or give one, for that matter - for that? It might be important to find out their names, if possible. And what modification was so pressing that they were willing to go to one of Simic's more standoffish enemies."
He shakes his head. "Could be it's a false trail, though. Certainly we should find out more about Kaya and Teysa. Where did this new guildmaster come from...?"

Whiskeyjack
2019-06-20, 01:16 PM
Agosto

"Hmm, does that have to do with that new symbol on the Orzhov regalia? We found out that Boros is mobilizing extra-hard, and the Gruul are possibly pushing into the area. That, and a lot of additional minotaurs around."

Etherion
2019-06-21, 12:54 PM
With a thoughtful look, Valric replies, "I'm not sure. It is widely speculated that she had outside help, but I doubt minotaurs would be subtle enough to help in the way she needed. Rumours say her coup was backed by Niv-Mizzet, not the Boros or Gruul. In any case, have you found any other leads as of yet?"

Nyan
2019-06-21, 06:28 PM
Viper

Viper who had seemed up untill now to be a very strict and collected almost dropped his jaw at the news that Obzedat is gone. He was stunned in silence quite some time as the others continued to chat and he glanced back and forth between them as if he was confused they were not as shocked as he. As they finished speaking he cleared his throat slightly and shook his head and his composure went back to normal. "...An assassin...Killed Obzedat and took over the guild..." He said to himself as he looked down on the ground, scratching his chin. As if saying it aloud would let it sink in better. "Is she one of us? I dont know much about our guilds plots and schemes but I can imagine we have wanted to take out some if not all of the guildmasters at some point. But its gone so long without anyone changing and to do that in such a fashion..." He ponders for a moment. "She has to be one of us right? No one else could be so capable on her own even with help from Niv-Mizzet." He looks at Valric with a questioning look.

"But as for our part of the intel..." He continues. "Besides what Agosto already said, that the Boros are mustering up much more than usual and the Gruul riots are becoming more frequent and violent, there was one Orzov official of some kind that had passed in to the Boros Garrisson without getting questioned or searched a while before we came there. We found that out from one of the guards stationed at the gates. I belive that if we follow his tracks we could find out something useful. It seems very strange for such a thing to happen." He then points towards Agostos chest. "We also found a fairy operative that will aid us, currently hiding somewhere in his uniform and in her jar that she arrived in there were these scraps of paper."

He takes out a bunch of paper scraps and places them on the table. "None of us could make out anything besides it being part of a ledger to keep track of an account and some debts to the Orzov. If either of you could decipher all of it that would probably be usefull. After that I belive we should all head out to the Boros districts, find the trail of this Orzov official and find out what he was doing there. And I suggest we leave as soon as possible cause I belive if they have scryed and failed on this site they will soon send out people to check personaly."

I will aid whomever is trying to decipher the scraps of paper to give them advantage.

Etherion
2019-06-21, 07:05 PM
”Interesting. Something certainly seems to be happening with the Orzhov.”

At the mention of the papers, Valric cracks his knuckles on front of him, saying “I have some experience with accounting. If you don’t mind?”
Valric then moves to take the papers, and begins his attempt to decipher them.

Nyan
2019-06-21, 08:07 PM
Viper

As Valric goes to check the papers he points out what he found and aides him as best as he can. "If you dont mind me pressing the question Valric... This Kaya who assassinated the entirety of the ghost council. Do you know if she is one of us? Was the coup staged by our masters somehow? I must admit its hard to belive anyone outside of our guild would be capable of such a feat. And a most horrifying prospect of such an idividual...But although perhaps she could more easily be manipulated than the former guild masters. But I cant say anything with certainty on those matters." He asks while they go through the notes.

Etherion
2019-06-21, 08:56 PM
Valric shrugs before responding, ”The Obzedat’s power had more to do with influence than physical might. The main obstacle to overthrowing them was finding the answer to the question of how to kill a ghost; that’s why some thing Niv Mizzet was involved, that he may have provided a weapon. I’m any case, considering how poor a job she’s doing of running the guild, I doubt she’s one of ours. From what I can see, it seems to be a case of someone with more brawn than wit making a grab for power. I could be wrong of course, but I’ve yet to see anything to make me doubt myself.”

redjinx
2019-06-22, 01:33 PM
Ten nods. "Don't forget that one of our presumed tasks is to investigate her. If she were one of ours, or if she had gained help from us, why would we be assigned to find out more? Information dispersal is important to us, but not so important that we have to expend resources on learning the same information twice. Even if the details were a secret from the guild at large, our superiors would at least know that someone knew."

Kaisshau
2019-06-22, 02:04 PM
Examining the papers closely, you see that the back of the ledge had been used for passed notes, with two distinct handwriting styles. One is looping and feminine, the other curt and regimented. Carefully rearranging the scraps, you are able to see the last messages exchanged were regarding Kaya, her rise to power, and who the writers suspected might be assisting her. Covering the last words written in the feminine hand, rendering them illegible, are harsh, thick strokes, spelling out "She knows". The last message written is just the single word "Run."

Etherion
2019-06-22, 02:29 PM
”Speaking of Kaya,” Valric gestures for everyone to come look at the papers, ”it seems we are certainly investigating her.”

Nyan
2019-06-24, 06:45 PM
Viper

Viper notices the words on the notes when Valric points them out and he grunts audiably as he scratches his chin. "Yeah... Seems to be the case." He then looks back at the others. "Alright, enough time spent here. This place is possibly compromised so I think we should get going. Lets see if we can pick up the trail with the Orzov official that went in to the Boros Garrisson. If we can't pick up his trail we can speak with a person I know who knows more about the goings on within the Boros Legion." He then gestures for people to take the stuff they wanted and he gets ready to leave the building. "Those who do not have Boros uniforms can act like commoners who stick with me. My cover name is Jack so if anyone asks you are a recent friend of mine."

Whiskeyjack
2019-06-27, 08:56 AM
Agosto

Distributing the requested items, Agosto lets the fairy go free as well.

"I agree. We should go. I'm sure this building is somewhat protected but that doesn't mean that someone can't find it, that one of us wasn't followed back, that someone didn't think something was off with us in our undercover interactions, or the like. I agree that finding that Orzhov guy is the best bet. Call me Luca in public."

He moves to look at the papers. "Oh? Did you figure it out?"

redjinx
2019-06-30, 08:58 PM
“The most interesting question,” Ten notes, “might be who wrote this. If we can find out who it was, we can retrace their steps.” He looks at Valric. “Your call, sir. What’s our next move?”

Etherion
2019-07-01, 11:11 AM
The easier lead to look into would be the Orzhov official who was visiting the legio, but I agree that we should keep an eye out for who may have written this message. For now though, lead the way Jack.

Kaisshau
2019-07-11, 10:25 PM
As you exit the safehouse, you can sense a faint smell of ozone. Valric, you feel the same field you had sensed prior enveloping you once more. The sun is father down, casting a ruddy glow on the illustrious buildings that surround you. Lightglobes have begun to wink on, effective illuminating the thoroughfare and adjacent sidewalks. Foot traffic is less than it was before, with the previous stationary groups of Orzhov guards now making slow patrols. As you leave the field, they glance briefly in your direction as if just noticing you, but then continue on their way.

Travelling down the street in the direction of the Boros encampment traffic is light but not rare. It appears as if many business and shops are open into the evening as well. As you get closer to the Boros territory the shops become more utilitarian, and fewer lightglobes light your path. Passing by the garrison you see the guards have changed shifts, replaced by rougher-looking soldiers who sneer at Viper and Agosto as you pass. Foot traffic has become sparse, and more seedy characters have begun to cluster in the alleyways.

Agosto, you notice that there appears to be a crowd gathering in your wake, with more than a few casting glances towards Valric. As you turn a street corner, you notice your way blocked by two hulking brutes with their armed crossed, a small man standing between them picking his teeth, gleaming oddly white in the dusk.

"What's this then? Another one of them bankers thinks he can just go whe'ever he fancies? With muscle too? You should go back to where you belong, halers."

As if to emphasis his point, the leftmost brute spits on the ground in front of your group.

Nyan
2019-07-13, 09:06 PM
Viper

He takes point with Agosto as they once again head for Boros territory. Viper takes mental notes of the surroundings just outside the safehouse just in case there is someone arriving to check it out. Either way its probably safe to assume that it is not a valid safehouse anymore. As they get to the gates again Viper acts normal and nonchalantly salutes the gatekeepers as they pass on through in to the more familiar streets in his own mind at least.

When they turn the corner and he notices their path blocked he raises his hand as a gesture for the group to halt and he eyes the individuals in their path.

When the smaller man finishes his speech Viper steps forward placing himself within arms reach of both the large thugs and replies with a gruff voice. "We are bringing this man in for questioning. And you are currently obstructing the Boros Legion. Now I've had a really long day and i dont have any time to waste with you. So please remove yourselves from our way before we are forced to bring you in as well." He glares, hoping he can resolve this quickly through intimidation of authority alone. But still prepares in case they refuse to move to subdue the two larger thugs.

At the same time he does this he makes a few gestures with his hands that seems to be nothing more that popping the joints in his fingers. But in truth he is checking if these men are Dimir as well.

"House Dimir Lives...We are looking for an Orzov official who came alone through here a couple of hours ago. What do you know of it?"

If there is no response to the theives cant or to his intimidation check he is preparing to take the attack action to grapple both the thugs.

Whiskeyjack
2019-07-16, 09:28 AM
Agosto

Agosto notes the massing crowd, as well as the faces changing to more sneering toughs than Boros regulars. He attempts to look and see if he can notice if they are wearing standard Boros insignia (including changes like that which was on the Orzhov) or if they are instead wearing other heraldry.

It's been a while since Agosto can remember wearing the Boros livery, and he isn't quite as firm as he would like to be when he addresses the crowd. "Indeed. Maintain a respectful distance, please. This is Legion business. Interfering with our escort of this person of interest with be punished to the full extent of the law as well as Boros Legion rules of engagement."

As he speaks, Agosto casually pushes back part of his cloak to rest his left hand on his belt, near the holster of his hand crossbow.

24 for Perception, 8 for Intimidation - I used the wrong static bonus in the roll for Intim, sorry

Etherion
2019-07-16, 11:50 AM
Going along with the act, Valric does his best to look beaten and miserable.
"I'd love to go back to where I belong. Sadly, these... fine fellows disagree. Alas, I expect they'll not change their minds easily."
Valric shrugs with a sad smile.

redjinx
2019-07-17, 08:21 AM
Ten says nothing, only nodding along with Valric’s words and coughing slightly while glaring at the ground.

Kaisshau
2019-07-17, 04:34 PM
Agosto:
The guards at the pallisades were wearing standard Boros insignia, but appear more hardened, with visible scarring on their hands and a coiled posture that indicates to you they have seen significant violence. Gone are the fresh-faced recruits and welcoming stances of the daytime.

Those who had been following you and the three now blocking your path do not appear to have any unifying heraldry, their clothes are a mix of labourers smocks, rags, and crude armour. The three in front of you are dressed slightly better, with the leader decked out in something approaching finery.

All:
Sneering, the small man looks from his compatriots to you, then to those gathering behind you. "You ain't in legion territory, boys. We run these streets, an' I suggest you hurry back the way ya came while we still feel like lettin' ya." As he speaks, the brutes drop their arms, revealing large clubs strapped to their waists.

Eyeing Valric, the leader grins and raises an eyebrow. "Corse, we could let ya pass, fer a fee. Iff'n these boys ain't already wrung ya dry, that is."

redjinx
2019-07-18, 06:36 PM
Ten’s expression changes suddenly, mimicking fear, and he addresses the leader. “If you’re speaking of monetary recompense... could I talk to you? In private?” He gestures to a small alleyway. “Outside the earshot of these... fine soldiers,” he continues in tones of disgust, sweeping his eyes balefully over Agosto, Viper, and the thugs in equal measure. “I mean no disrespect, of course, but I’d like for us to speak alone. I’m sure we can work something out.”

Nyan
2019-07-19, 08:51 AM
Viper

Before the small man even has time to finish his first sentance viper snaps out his leg in a swiping motion to kick in both of the large thugs legs to get them down on one knee before he reaches his arms, artfully stepping through the two thugs, twisting them around so he has them both in a chokehold in each of his arms, locking his fingers together in to an iron grip. "Hostiles or not, no use of deadly force unless absolutley nessesary." He calls out towards Agosto but in turn to the rest of the group as well. Tho the way he said it seems to relay something more to those cunning in Dimirs language and key phrases.

"Subdue. Ask what they know of the Official."

If I have understood the placement of the 3 people infront of us this is how I would like to stand at the moment.
V= Viper
B= Big Thug
S= Small man
X= Empty space

xSx
BVB

So basicly I wanna get in between them and have them grappled as well as being within reach of the Small individual.

ROLLS
21 atheltics and 7 damage on the first
28 athletics and 6 damage on the second

17 INITIATIVE

Kaisshau
2019-07-22, 08:34 AM
Viper:
You adeptly manage to lock both thugs in your hold, despite their height advantage. They each flail at your arm around their necks with one arm, struggling to break your iron grip, their other hand going for their clubs.

Etherion
2019-07-22, 03:52 PM
Seeing a fight begin to break out, Valric shouts out some advice to his group, hoping to help them take out the leader of the thugs, as well as whichever of his underlings looks toughest.

Whiskeyjack
2019-07-23, 08:45 AM
Agosto

Seeing Viper grapple the two muscle toughs, Agosto just lazily draws his hand crossbow and steps forward a bit closer to the leader of this group, raising the weapon slowly and also casting his gaze around. "As I said. Interference will be punished. I think we'll be going now, sir, don't you?" he says with a half-smile.

Kaisshau
2019-07-23, 09:40 AM
As Viper surges forward to grapple the brutes, the leader steps back, attempting to use the sudden rush of movement to slip into the shadows. As he slips back, you hear a faint chuckle. "I shoulda known you'd be trouble. You halers are so quick ta violence. Handle them, boys."

Agosto:
Your renewed threats have not dissuaded the brutes who are locked in with Viper or the leader, but you notice that only three of those who were behind you have come forward to engage.

Nyan
2019-07-23, 12:36 PM
Viper

As the small man tries to get away Viper despite being preoccupied with the two brutes still manages to lunge a kick towards his kneecap, attempting to halt his movement. "You are not getting away." He says in a suprisingly calm voice. Feeling like he has total control of the situation.

Rolled a total of 20 to hit. Total of 14 damage. And he has to make a Strenght saving throw vs 15 or fall prone. It might slow his movment down enough since he have to stand up so he cant get far enough away to hide.

redjinx
2019-07-23, 07:22 PM
Ten pulls out the dagger from below his robes as he extends a hand toward Viper; in an indigo flash from his hand, a memory of a skillful blow spirals through the other agent's mind. The dagger glows blue, too, as he brings it down towards one of the brutes' heads. Not intending to kill, in accordance with Viper's orders, he turns the knife before the blow connects to strike him with the hilt.

To hit: 23
If hit: 7+9 (from dagger and Sneak Attack) plus 8 Psychic (from Psychic Blades)

Going for a 0hp knockout blow, not a killing one, hence the dagger "hilt strike."

Nyan
2019-07-23, 10:56 PM
Viper

As Ten comes in for the assist and strikes one of the thugs he is holding and proceeds to try to incapacitate him further if its not already done through Tens blow. He first attempts to twist his grip on both the thugs trying to force them prone. Then swiftly he goes to kick out the weapon of both the thugs hands and shoves one of them away in the same motion.

Okay so holy **** lets try to break this turn down. (I hate battle masters for forum rps now btw just sayin x.x)

Use my attack action to make 2 shove attempts.

I first shove the brute Ten hit with a 28 athletics. Add 4 if its not enough. If he rolls even higher than 32 then dont add it at all.

Second I shove the other brute that has yet to be touched with a 17 athletics . Add 1 if its not enough.

Then I action surge and make another attack action.

First I hit the brute Ten hit with an unarmed strike. Attack roll of 13 with advantage (either way its the same). Add 6 if its not enough and bardic inspiration have not been used before.

Then he makes a saving throw vs 15 or drops his weapon due to disarming attack. And the attack deals 11 damage if it hits.

Second attack I hit the other brute with a critical hit dealing a total of 20 damage. and he must make a Strenght saving throw or drop his club.

THEN ill finaly use my free object interaction to Kick away any of the clubs that have been dropped. If none were lost then ignore this part.

**** me. Hopefully you guys understood all that.

Kaisshau
2019-07-24, 10:18 AM
With Ten's blow, the first thug looks dazed, and as Viper flips him to the ground and strikes him the air rushes from his lungs, his eyes cross, and he is out. The second thug is hurt by Viper's strike, sprawled on the ground, with his club sent spinning on the street out of his reach.

Whiskeyjack
2019-07-25, 08:11 PM
Agosto

Retrieving the fallen club, Agosto sizes up any remaining threats before walking back to the fallen enemy near Viper, and appraising him for a moment, delivering a pair of swift strikes. "Now, about that very courageous boss..."

Kaisshau
2019-07-26, 05:40 PM
Agosto:
Your strikes hit the thug solidly, but his makeshift armor appears to have softened the blow somewhat.

One of the group behind you begins uttering incantations before he is briefly surrounded in silver mist and then disappears. Shortly thereafter, you hearing footsteps that seem to be coming from the top of a nearby building. Seeing their compatriots quickly dispatched, the remaining members of the group turn and run back up the street. The one remaining brute looks at his fallen friend, then steeples his hands together and does his best to look innocent. Coughing, he mewls "Please, sirs. Have mercy."

redjinx
2019-08-02, 10:42 PM
Ten returns the dagger to his robes and steps back, trying to look unobtrusive. He leans over and whispers to Valric. “One of them must have been a mage - teleported away and ran. Should we do something?

Whiskeyjack
2019-08-06, 11:20 AM
Agosto

Snorting while looking around, Agosto says, "If I had no mercy, you'd be bleeding out from crossbow bolts in your gut. On your feet, then. We need to have a little chat."

Kaisshau
2019-08-08, 03:32 AM
Wincing, the brute climbs to his feet. As he does, he glances at the other, still soundly unconscious at your feet. "Oh, good gracious sirs, I knew you were good souls. I knew ye were kind souls. I knew ye would do right by me brother an' me, I knew it. I told Damian we shouldn't bother ya but he insisted. He was right cross after the way tha' other fella treated us, right cross. Sayin' this was our territory an' no one had the right to pass without permission."
Eyeing his downed companion, he again attempts to put on his most pitiable expression. "Please sirs, we mean you no harm. Jus' following orders is all. Lemme take my brother an go, an we'll never bother you agin."

Nyan
2019-08-11, 06:43 PM
Viper

He ties up the knocked out Thug before he looks towards the one standing up at weapon point. "Who was this other individual who passed through here? What happened and where did he go? Anwser quickly and I may spare you with just an evening in lockup and alot less bruises."

Kaisshau
2019-08-12, 11:16 AM
"Oh sire, I knew ye were good people. I don't know much about 'im, sorry. He was dressed like those two there" pointing to Ten and Valric, "but he had some kinda weapon that shot lightning. Like one a them crazy mad scientists. Kept saying he was on important business for "her", but wouldn say who "her" was. I think he wasn' apposed to say who she was. Either way, he zapped the boss good with his fist thing and took off. Boss was right sore after tha, talkin bout how he wouldn stand for the disrespect."
Scratching his chin, the thug thinks for a moment, then continues.
"As he took off, he was muttering something about needin' ta secure the house before they got in."
Looking to his tied up companion, he again attempts to put on a innocent expression.
"Please sirs, I've told ya everything I know. Jus let me take me brother an go, an' we promise to be good."