PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a NPC character sheet for a high level warlock/fighter multi-class?

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-03-26, 09:54 AM
One of my players made a reference last session to an NPC in their backstory thinking I was hinting at a plot line.

Well, the best plot sources are players. This NPC is a human warlock/fighter multiclass apparently and probably a pretty hard core one.

Anyone have a good starting point or some suggestions? Warlock multi-classes take me forever to figure out.

Unoriginal
2019-03-26, 10:18 AM
My advice is to not use PC classes for NPCs. it's generally disappointing for the work you have to put into it.

You could take the War Priest NPC statblock from the Volo's and change the spellcasting to Warlock, it should give you what you want.

A CR 9 caster with multiattack and plate armor is nothing to scoff at.

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-26, 10:28 AM
One of my players made a reference last session to an NPC in their backstory thinking I was hinting at a plot line.

Well, the best plot sources are players. This NPC is a human warlock/fighter multiclass apparently and probably a pretty hard core one.

Anyone have a good starting point or some suggestions? Warlock multi-classes take me forever to figure out.

Depending on the level, I'd go Fiend Warlock 2, Eldritch Knight X, taking PAM, GWM and Sentinel. Invocations are Mask of Many Faces and Eldritch Sight.

He can take on a crowd and gain HP per kill, he can spam Shield and Absorb Elements for days, he can look like anyone and always knows where magic is. It's basically a really fancy solo mercenary that uses magic for its utility and defense as he just punches things really hard.

Stats go in this order:

Strength > Constitution > Charisma > Intelligence. For his Eldritch Knight spells, avoid anything that requires a saving throw or an attack, or virtually anything that relies on your Intelligence.

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-03-26, 01:21 PM
My advice is to not use PC classes for NPCs. it's generally disappointing for the work you have to put into it.

You could take the War Priest NPC statblock from the Volo's and change the spellcasting to Warlock, it should give you what you want.

A CR 9 caster with multiattack and plate armor is nothing to scoff at.

Thank you sir. This has to be the path to take, I'm a little short on time.

This party is Level 9 and is pretty optimized for battle but lost out of it bunch so I might use the Warlord stat block with Some Warlock spells thrown in.

Bloodcloud
2019-03-26, 01:25 PM
Thank you sir. This has to be the path to take, I'm a little short on time.

This party is Level 9 and is pretty optimized for battle but lost out of it bunch so I might use the Warlord stat block with Some Warlock spells thrown in.

I would also recommend looking at monster statblocks and build from there. Look at mordenkainen tome of foe, plenty off NPC stat block and the deathlocks too.