PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Divine Bard

Yogibear41
2019-03-26, 01:57 PM
Looking for tips for a potential "blaster bard" ECL 15th.

I know its not the most ideal situation, but its basically a support character, that I want to have some decent combat ability.

Will be taking 5 levels in Primal Scholar with Unfettered Heroism as one of the 5th level spells known for that combo. Also have Restoration as another 5th level spell known because the party needs access to it, and will probably have a cure wounds spell or two.

Other than that I am open to basically everything.

Troacctid
2019-03-26, 02:59 PM
Lyric thaumaturge, stormsinger, sublime chord...

weckar
2019-03-27, 05:40 PM
Well, only divine blaster bard I know is the eldritch disciple...

MisterKaws
2019-03-27, 05:53 PM
Any healing you can do through wands should be done through wands, unless the DM decides he's doing a low magic campaign for whatever reason.

That aside, I guess you know Sublime chord is pretty much mandatory if you want to deal damage with spells.

Alternatively, you could get some sort of multi-shot ability and use Dragonfire Inspiration to go nuts on damage.

Also, I think you could get something better with those 5 levels. Like cramming in some metamagic-focused class, or maybe Totemist+Soulcaster for Manticore Belt(for Dragonfire Inspiration).

Thurbane
2019-03-27, 07:25 PM
If you can wrangle an arcane caster level somehow, a dip into Sand Shaper adds some blasting options...