PDA

View Full Version : Character help

Tom Riddle
2019-03-27, 05:19 PM
Okay so here is the scenario . My character is a warlock/chameleon lich that is permanently fused to a pit fiend... that's another story completely. That is now a ruler of the plane that the first 2 arcs of the campaign took place and are now finished. I'm being teleported to the material plane as apart of the next arc. My DM want s me to start leveling and new class for the character and I just don't where to go. I would like to take a class that has synergy with the previous two classes. Some of stipulations on the material plane in his setting which is completely homebrewed are: all arcane spellcasting has been takin over by the BBEG as he has taken control of the weave. I will need an specific wand to cast that way which I will not start out with. Divine casting must be done throught uses of scrolls. Psionics in he world has been stamped out by the bbeg. I'm currently a clawlock and with the pit fiends stats I'll be pretty decent in melee. I just don't know where to go I was think archivist but don't know. Any suggestions? All books are available including dragon mag

MisterKaws
2019-03-27, 05:36 PM
Get a Warblade and pick Unarmed Attack feats plus Beast Strike. Or maybe just double down on Tiger Claw maneuvers, most of which have special benefits for claw users.

Vizzerdrix
2019-03-27, 05:44 PM
Binder, or DFA could be fun. (Or not without a con score)

What about getting spellstitched?

arkangel111
2019-03-27, 05:45 PM
hellfire warlock, totemist. warlocks aren't casters so the wand thing should be moot. totemist will beef up your melee further and give a few other options as well. clawlock would be devastating when you have more claws too.

Falontani
2019-03-27, 06:24 PM
Master Spellthief into Eldritch Theurge. Chameleon may not meet prerequisites but you may advance it and it's caster level if you meet the prerequisites with a different class. Then with eldritch theurge throw spells onto your eldritch claws (like vampiric touch, or emerald flame fist)

MisterKaws
2019-03-27, 06:26 PM
Binder, or DFA could be fun. (Or not without a con score)

What about getting spellstitched?

With OP's description the character is likely at least ECL 15, if not straight Epic. Wouldn't be quite that effective getting a Binder or a DFA. 1d6 breath or the tiny Binder boosts won't help much. Though getting Binder 1 after Hellfire Warlock would be good for Naberius.

Tom Riddle
2019-03-27, 07:36 PM
Sorry I am Epic and The Dm has put a damper on all spellcasting to keep the game interesting. The chameleon part of the build is for floating feat for crafting. That's why I was thinking Archivist with the warlock UMD I could learn and spell I want Throught southern magician feat. So I could then DMM all the cool Cleric buffs

I have talked to the DM and he considered Invocations and slas as part of the weave that's being controlled. So I need a wand even to EB So really all I have are my natural weapons. This also goes for crafting until I can get a hold of wand

I also cannot go hellfire since I am a lich. And immune to ability dmg. He has let me exchange some Invocations for more Eb dmg I am currently 26 d6 per blast

When I killed The last bbeg the dm graciously gave me a power that allows my EB to bypass all SR and Immunity.

MisterKaws
2019-04-06, 05:57 AM
Sorry I am Epic and The Dm has put a damper on all spellcasting to keep the game interesting. The chameleon part of the build is for floating feat for crafting. That's why I was thinking Archivist with the warlock UMD I could learn and spell I want Throught southern magician feat. So I could then DMM all the cool Cleric buffs

I have talked to the DM and he considered Invocations and slas as part of the weave that's being controlled. So I need a wand even to EB So really all I have are my natural weapons. This also goes for crafting until I can get a hold of wand

I also cannot go hellfire since I am a lich. And immune to ability dmg. He has let me exchange some Invocations for more Eb dmg I am currently 26 d6 per blast

When I killed The last bbeg the dm graciously gave me a power that allows my EB to bypass all SR and Immunity.

I'm late as hell I guess, but anyway, just do more Warlock I guess (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a).

In Epic, Warlocks have all those seemingly inofensive feats that snowball into what looks more like the ability list of a Lesser Deity.