PDA

View Full Version : Diviniation and Wish.

Aquillion
2019-03-27, 05:51 PM
Divination allow you to predict the future, including random events.

If we assume that the "additional spells" line in those means "additional spells, outside the scope of ones explicitly mentioned in what you're asking for" (a reasonable interpretation, since the context is "stuff outside the scope of the question that changes the probabilities"), does this mean that I can use Divination to determine whether a particular casting of Wish at a particular time will cost me my ability to cast Wish in the future?

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-27, 05:55 PM
Divination allow you to predict the future, including random events.

If we assume that the "additional spells" line in those means "additional spells, outside the scope of ones explicitly mentioned in what you're asking for" (a reasonable interpretation, since the context is "stuff outside the scope of the question that changes the probabilities"), does this mean that I can use Divination to determine whether a particular casting of Wish at a particular time will cost me my ability to cast Wish in the future?

Based on how WotC determined how spells like that work in AL, the answer is "No".

Augury and Divination, which are the closest things to what you're looking for, can't force random chance odds to be a static event, and can't predict them. That is, random-chance events transcend fate. These spells can only tell you what happens outside of the "random".