PDA

View Full Version : Player Help New Monk Subclass V2

Name2020
2019-03-27, 07:02 PM
Hello this is my second version of the Monk I made for my friend who is a JoJo's fan. It is in its second iteration so I would like to see what people think of it. I want to stress that this is a WIP and is not supposed to be directly tied to the JoJo Stands of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Anyways, any criticism is helpful. So I am proud to present the Way the Stand.

Manifest Stand:

Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you gain the ability to form a Stand, allowing you to use you soul as a ally in combat. This thing is your bread and butter ability so read thoroughly. Stand statblock will be finished in a later version of the Subclass.

Upon gaining this feature you can use a minimum 2 Ki points to summon your Stand.

You can also use more Ki points to give your Stand Extra Attacks, more Hit Points, higher AC, and bonuses to Damage and Attack Rolls.

In addition your Stand gains additional abilities and features at levels 6, 11, and 17.

Your Stand:

Your Stand acts as its own entity. Having an initiative and being able to attack or use abilities during its turn. You cannot have more than one Stand out at a time. While your Stand is Manifested it counts as Concentration. If dispelled through a failed concentration save, you restore half the Ki points you spent. Your Concentration Check is versus your Monk’s DC and is Wisdom-based. Your Stand cannot be dispelled by anything except failing a Concentration Check or your Stand dying. Finishing a long rest dispels your Stand and gives you all your Ki points back plus half you used to summon your Stand last time.

Summoning Bonuses:

Summoning your Stand with more Ki Points allows for more bonuses

AC Bonuses: Spend 1 Ki point to bump up your Stand’s AC by 1 up to 5.
Hit Point Bonuses: Spend 2 Ki points to add 15 HP to your Stand up to 75
Attack and Damage Bonuses: Spend 1 Ki Point to add a +1 to all damage and attack rolls up to +10
Extra Attack Bonuses: Spend 2 Ki Points to give your Stand an Extra Attack up to 5

Stand Improvements:

At level 6, 11, and 17 your Stand gets a Stand improvement. Stand Improvements are helpful bonuses that increase your Stand’s effectiveness in combat. Your Stand, at level 6, chooses between the Iron Soul, Combative Soul, and Bound Soul skill line. Each of these skill lines has a different effect on your Stand and changes the way it approaches combat.

Iron Soul:
6th Level: Your Stand is resistant to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage from non-magical weapons.
11th Level: Your Stand becomes resistant to whatever attacked it last. Stacking with its 6th Level ability.
17th Level: Your Stand can teleport up to 30 ft. away to someone whenever they get hit by an attack reducing the damage that person takes by half and takes the other half of the damage. If you get hit your stand can teleport to you and both you and your stand take no damage. It can do this 10 times per time it is summoned.

Combative Soul:
6th Level: Your Stand’s punches become magical to overcome resistances
11th Level: Your Stand can infuse its punches with spiritual essence, doing an extra d12 of force damage
17th Level: Your Stand Crits whenever its goes 10 over the targets AC when it rolls to attack

Bound Soul:
6th Level: You take half damage when your Stand gets hit.
11th Level: When you cast a Ki Ability your Stand can do the same.
17th Level: You can combine with your stand for 10 minutes to gain all its Summoning Bonuses, 50 extra HP (Stacking with Summoning Bonuses), a +5 to damage and attack rolls (stacking with Summoning Bonuses), 5 extra Ki Points, and resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage from non-magical weapons. It can do this 5 times per time it is summoned.