PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Build your lvl 4 character based off these items

Seba
2019-03-28, 05:21 AM
Hey guys,
I just wanna see what level 4 character you would create with these items and why (points =standard array):

+1 Shield, Plate armor, and an uncommon item of your choice

Here's my go:

lvl 4 vHuman, Tempest Cleric:
STR 8 (19 Gauntlets of Ogre Str.),
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 18
CHA 13

Feat: Res(CON)
ASI: WIS
why? First thing I could come up with

BigPixie
2019-03-28, 10:00 AM
Wizard, Transmuter: linguist feat and goliath race.

Why? Because it would suck and be fun to roleplay, (Made of stone, Makes things of stone)

strangebloke
2019-03-28, 10:44 AM
Devlin Trax, Scoundrel

vhuman swashbuckler

STR 8 (19 gauntlets of ogre power)
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 16

feats: Medium Armor Proficiency, Shield Master
expertise: athletics, intimidation.

Sell the plate armor and get some half-plate. You can utterly dominate enemies in melee, and basically act like the biggest douche ever.

Perdition, the Blade in the Dark

Tiefling Hexblade Warlock

Pact of the tome

15/8/14/12/8/16
feats: heavy armor proficiency
AC: 21 (with adamantine armor)
Pact of the Tome: (Guidance, green-flame blade,control flames)
invocations: Book of Ancient secrets, devil's sight. (one with the shadow's next level)

You can cast silence as a ritual. You don't require illumination. At next level you can turn invisible at will. You're deadly sneaking with or without stealth checks. And you hit like a truck.

---

But honestly the items you listed scream cleric, fighter, or paladin. Not many classes have heavy armor proficiency after all.

Vorpalchicken
2019-03-28, 11:21 AM
A variation of Devlin, above
The dirty fighter:

Fighter 1/ Swashbuckler 3
Str 8 (19 gauntlets)
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 16

Defense Style (or maybe Dueling)

Vhuman Feat: Great Weapon Master (for bonus action attacks after kills and criticals but also gives options)
Usually uses a rapier but can switch to a greatsword if a zombie horde is coming his way.

CTurbo
2019-03-28, 11:24 AM
Hey guys,
I just wanna see what level 4 character you would create with these items and why (points =standard array):

+1 Shield, Plate armor, and an uncommon item of your choice

Here's my go:

lvl 4 vHuman, Tempest Cleric:
STR 8 (19 Gauntlets of Ogre Str.),
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 18
CHA 13

Feat: Res(CON)
ASI: WIS
why? First thing I could come up with

This is pretty close to what I would do. I'd go

Level 4 vhuman Tempest Cleric
Str 8 (Gauntlets Ogre power)
Dex 14
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 18
Cha 10

Feat- Warcaster
ASI- +2 Wis

Spiritchaser
2019-03-28, 11:37 AM
I’d sell the plate and make a half Elven Dex sorcadin (vengence/DS or vengence/draconic though I’d start sorcerer for a level, going 1 sorc 6 paladin then the rest sorc).

I’d take amulet of health and dump con to 8.

After racials:

Str 13 (for MC)
Dex 16
Con 8 (19 with amulet)
Int 10
Wis 11
Cha 17

Warcaster at 5 is ideal, but you can put it off to 10 and take Elven accuracy first. This with shadow blade or shadow blade + vow of enmity is downright obscene.

Take quickened GFB or BB if you aren’t held to phb+1

DarkKnightJin
2019-03-29, 12:21 AM
My take: vHuman Artillerist Artificer.
Item: Headband of Intellect
1st level feat: Heavily Armored.

Stats:
Strength: 17
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 16(19 w/ Headband)
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

4th level ASI: +2 Str

Because I wanna have a bulky wandslinger that can build a big, 2-handed wand/staff to fire their spells from, and not worry about their AC too much.

Foxhound438
2019-03-29, 12:40 AM
probably a fairly box standard paladin with a +1 sword (or maybe quarterstaff), taking inspiring leader at 1st and either just boosting strength at 4 or taking PAM if I want to do the qs+b cheese. I'm a big fan of paladins in terms of tanks, and having free plate and shield kind of pushes me away from any sort of dex based character.

dragoeniex
2019-03-29, 12:43 AM
VHuman Battlemaster, start with Mobile feat
Str 18 (ASI, racial +1)
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 14 (racial +1)
Cha 8

Item: Slippers of Spider Climbing

Enjoy your 40 ft movement with free disengages to go with your tactical Maneuver goodie bag. Enjoy even more your ability to run up walls so you can place squishies on top of high things for protection or grapple and drag enemies for solo fights on the ceiling.

Some party members shoot arrows when enemies fly just above the treeline. You're a fighter, so you could... But let's be honest. You're just going to run straight up that frickin' tree to swordswipe the smirk off Floaty's face.

8wGremlin
2019-03-29, 12:55 AM
Warlock(Hexblade) 1/Bard 3 (lore)
With a Fochlucan bandore: A bard playing a Fochlucan bandore could invoke the spells fly, invisibility, levitate, protection from evil and good, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh and speak with animals each once a day.

Sell the plate buy something better, half plate.