PDA

View Full Version : Latest dragon+ stream about artificer :D

Tetrasodium
2019-03-28, 06:49 AM
Yesterday's Dragon Plus (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402124065##) covers a lot of artificer stuff & is really great info.

Here's a quick little summary of it that I came across

the artificer survey will come out after the next artificer content UA and will cover both
also the flamethrower option of the artillerist turret will probably be buffed either in area or damage
Also will probably have emphasis on customizing the appearance of the turret
Also maybe determining its size
built-in damage scaling for the turret likely won't happen, but it may get some increase in power from using higher spell slots to summon the turret (logic is that since it's a bonus action, it's always gonna be something extra you do on top of your other already-scaling stuff)
Arcane Armament may get folded into a subclass on the next iteration, as it's simply there to give more versatility at the moment, and some feedback they've seen right now is that it makes the intended progression of the class confusing to approach for players
something like the old alchemical satchel could appear as an alchemist-specific infusion option
There are more artificer subclasses in the works
There are plans for all subclasses to be able to "deploy something in the world" because they are a class focused on creating objects, but not necessarily in the form of "pets"
he didn't really go into details but said "you'll see"
Overall WotC seems to have really shifted from whatever hodge podge roots the earlier versions had into something so much better & they really deserve credit for it.

Bjarkmundur
2019-03-28, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the share! Appreciate it :)

Bloodcloud
2019-03-28, 09:58 AM
That is rather interesting. I like the changes being discussed.

DarkKnightJin
2019-03-28, 03:46 PM
I love the Artillerist subclass, and I wanna play one so much.

Mostly for the mental image I have of a Gbome Artillerist, atop a crab-legged turret, slinging his wand and going "You want some, come and get some!" Also, he's bald with a full Kratos beard for some odd reason.