PDA

View Full Version : Help with creating an unkillable character

Armyguyclaude
2019-03-28, 02:04 PM
Hi!

I'm going to be apart of a one shot coming up this week and the DM is going to be a bit free with our ability to create our characters. We get 2 base classes and 2 prestige classes. We'll also be level 11.
I was hoping to create a character than would be extremely hard to kill, but did like no damage. Is such a thing possible?

Thank you in advance for anyone looking to help out!

P.S. I have to be True Neutral or Good aligned. LA +2.

Bronk
2019-03-28, 02:23 PM
...hard to kill, but did like no damage. Is such a thing possible?

I have to be True Neutral or Good aligned. LA +2.

You could try being a Saint with the Vow of Peace feat...

Eldariel
2019-03-28, 02:38 PM
Well, you can always just look into X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus) and multiclass as much as possible stacking all the various bonuses onto a single stat. Wisdom or Charisma is generally the go-to. The end result is that you'll have absurd AC and saves (might want to throw in damage reduction or whatever) but your offense will be practically nil, unlikely to hit and even on hit, likely to do little damage (if you get your stat to attack but not damage, such as with Intuitive Attack [Book of Exalted Deeds] for Wis, you could even be hitting for 1d8 or something a turn).

Armyguyclaude
2019-03-28, 03:09 PM

Thanks. I'll probably do this.

Well, you can always just look into X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus) and multiclass as much as possible stacking all the various bonuses onto a single stat. Wisdom or Charisma is generally the go-to. The end result is that you'll have absurd AC and saves (might want to throw in damage reduction or whatever) but your offense will be practically nil, unlikely to hit and even on hit, likely to do little damage (if you get your stat to attack but not damage, such as with Intuitive Attack [Book of Exalted Deeds] for Wis, you could even be hitting for 1d8 or something a turn).

This is really good help thanks. I'll definitely use this for the future

MisterKaws
2019-03-28, 03:41 PM

Vow of Poverty+Vow of Peace Saint Incarnate is pretty damn hard to kill.

Though you may have to talk to your party, since Vow of Peace involves the whole party(you can't stand by while an ally kills someone who wasn't given a chance to repent).

Crake
2019-03-28, 03:48 PM
Troll blooded into something that's immune to fire and acid (buy a scroll of mantle of the fiery spirit for the fire subtype, and be a half black/green/copper dragon for immunity to acid), then go into paladin and have good cha for high saves, then go into the survivor class for tons of defensive abilities and practically no offense.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-03-29, 09:45 AM
Be a ghost. Can t be killed if you're dead.

yarrowdeathbloo
2019-03-29, 06:53 PM
If your DM allows dragon magazine content and picking up templates at later levels there is a three step way to be unkillable via damage

1. pick up the troll blooded feat
2.get the saint/voidmind templatete
3. get the half fire elemental template

you can still be polymorphed and death effected so you got a few more steps
4.get the woolding template
5.gain acess to a class or feat that gives immunity to death effects I don't know of anything off the top of my head but where there is a will there is a way.

Doctor Awkward
2019-03-29, 09:13 PM
Wendigo Bone Knight is my go-to for damage immunity.

The Wendigo template (Fiend Folio 196) gives you regeneration 5 to fire. you can then pay 36,000 for the Ritual of the Elements to gain the fire subtype (Savage Species 148). You now no longer take normal damage.

Bone Knight (Five Nations 117) is a 10-level prestige class that grants you Bonecraft Armor which bestows undead immunities as you progress without actually turning you undead. At level 4, you become immune to stunning and nonlethal damage. You now no longer take any hit point damage (except perhaps for vile damage).

There is an ex-paladin entry for this class that allows you to retain Divine Grace for Charisma to saves. However cleric entry would likely be much stronger, since the class is 9/10 caster level increase.

Crow_Nightfeath
2019-03-29, 09:14 PM
A warforged with the troll blooded feat, go into the warforged juggernaut prestige class, mantle if the fiery soul, and gain acid immunity somehow. The warforged juggernaut gives non-lethal damage immunity..

ekarney
2019-03-29, 10:00 PM
Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil?

Otherwise do the following: (Taken from Ihititwithmyaxe on tumblr)
Spells:
1st: Shield
2nd: Cat's Grace and Scintilating Scales
3rd: Haste
4th: Greater Luminous Armor and Ray Deflection
5th: Bite of the Wereboar and Draconic Polymorph into a cave troll.

Sprinkle some blink or invisibility and superior resistance into the mix
You'll be looking at ~50 AC, with some nice saves to boot.

Now done in the right order: Hours or minutes per level spells, then Bite of the Wereboar, followed by Scintillating Scales, and finally Haste

Personally I haven't checked the math or anything but it should work.

Otherwise I'm sure there's some pact of return shenanigans you could pull. There's also the Flux Adept who has a class ability that lets the character play dead, very convincingly which you could use to avoid combat.

Biggus
2019-03-30, 09:04 PM

If you're going the stacking onto Wisdom or Charisma route, this is also a useful resource: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=176.0

Maat Mons
2019-03-30, 10:07 PM
You could be a Necropolitain that someone has cast Haunt Shift on.

You could buy a Power Stone of True Mind Switch and take whatever body you want.

You could cast Delay Death on yourself and have an ability that lets you fight at negative HP.

Oberron
2019-03-30, 11:58 PM
If any of the paizo material is allowed you could take brew flesh craft as a wizard as a bonus craft feat then craft all the immunitysame and regeneration that you want, but it is so badly written you would almost have to sit down and talk to your dm about it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492316-Paizo-s-Pathfinder-Thought-Exercise-Brew-Fleshcraft-poison-abuse

There is what I came up with some years ago for a truely (?) Unkillable creature.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-03-31, 12:56 AM
Let's try something that's reasonably playable.

Warforged, Dragonborn of Bahamut (heart aspect). You keep your original type and subtype, so you keep everything that a Warforged gets except the composite plating and light fortification (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20070112a), as it comes from your type/subtype. You're still a Warforged and can still take Warforged-specific feats, and you'll still never die as you can always be put back together again. Ability score priority is Con > Str > Cha, and try not to have a negative to Dex, Int, or Wis.

Go Crusader 5/ Binder 1/ Hellreaver 5, if you gain more levels just take more Crusader. Always bind Naberius so you get fast ability healing. Have an odd-numbered Con score, because your Heroic Sacrifice to recharge your Hellreaver abilities deals 2 Con damage to you, and you fast heal one of that the same round. This saves you from math headaches recalculating lower hp for a single round.

Take two flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm) for two extra feats, get Insomniac and Love of Nature (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258440-The-quot-Best-quot-Flaws#30). Feats should be Adamantine Body, Entangling Exhalation, Improved Fortification, Extra Granted Maneuver, Power Surge, and Stone Power. Get the Quick trait (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#quick) as well so you'll still have a 30 ft. land speed. Trade Ride for Tumble as a class skill (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a), as you're not being slowed down by wearing armor (the feat Adamantine Body permanently decreases your base land speed, it doesn't prohibit you from tumbling).

Use Entangling Exhalation as often as you can to keep as many opponents debuffed by it as possible. Power Surge is in Dragon 313, use it to increase the duration of your entangling exhalation breath weapon by 50% in exchange for waiting one more round to use the breath attack again.

You'll want to carry a decent heavy shield an a decent one-handed weapon with Sudden Stunning from DMG2. You should also get your adamantine body enchanted as magic armor. Check out the Necessary Magic Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items) list, you should be able to afford something from nearly every list (but don't forget you're immune to fear from Hellreaver, and the living construct traits, plus improved fortification). Don't forget MIC p234 has rules for adding bonuses to other items for the same price as a separate item of the same bonus. I'd go for a Cloak of the Dragon (Resistance bonus to saving throws added), Third Eye Clarity, Scout's Headband, Anklet of Translocation, Vest of Free Movement, and Ring of Anticipation (Deflection bonus to AC added). Probably also a Healing Belt (Enhancement bonus to Strength added) and something in the neck item slot (Enhancement bonus to Constitution and natural armor added).

Your Crusader stances known should be Martial Spirit and Iron Guard's Glare. Maneuvers known should be Revitalizing Strike, Shield Block, Mountain Hammer, Crusader's Strike, Douse the Flames, Charging Minotaur, and Stone Bones. Maneuvers readied should be Revitalizing Strike, Shield Block, Mountain Hammer, Crusader's Strike, and any one other maneuver of your choice.

How this plays:
First round: Activate Holy Fury, move into range and use an entangling breath attack.
On any given round you should use your breath attack if it's available, unless you have a maneuver granted that would be better.
Every round you should use Divine Succor if anyone needs any healing (including yourself), or use Furious Strike if you're making an attack (including marital strikes).
When it's not your turn you can use Shield Block to guard an ally, or Divine Resolve or Divine Shield to protect yourself, but keep in mind that an immediate action consumes your next turn's swift action.
If you run out of Holy Fury points, spend your swift action to use Heroic Sacrifice so you can continue using Divine Succor or Furious Strike or any of the other Hellreaver class features.
Holy Fury ends at the end of combat, so when you're down to the last few opponents you should spam Divine Succor as hard as you can to top everyone off before the fight ends.

You'll be extremely tanky with Crusader, Adamantine Body, a heavy shield, a high Con bonus, and the living construct traits, plus being able to heal yourself (or someone else) every round between Divine Succor and your Crusader healing strikes. You'll be debuffing opponents and dealing damage to them with Entangling Exhalation, so they'll be less likely to move past you to attack your other party members. You'll be able to make decent melee attacks when you're not using your breath weapon, combining martial strikes with Furious Strike when you don't need to heal yourself or someone else. You can even have a decent Diplomacy check and the ability to do rushed diplomacy without a penalty from Naberius, plus Disguise Self at will and the other benefits that provides.

Maat Mons
2019-03-31, 02:52 AM
Why not play a Cleric and persist Stone Body? That gets you a nice suite of immunities:

Stunning
Ability score damage
All spells or attacks that affect your physiology or respiration
Extra damage from critical hits
Blindness
Deafness
Disease
Drowning
Poison

You also get DR 10/Adamantine, which doesn't hurt anything.

You could add on Church Inquisitor for immunity to:

Charms
Compulsions
Possession

You also get to make a save against any illusion you see without needing to interact with it.

If you're feeling cheesy, you can use Dweomerkeepr to make up to two of your persistent buffs undispellable.

magic9mushroom
2019-03-31, 06:20 AM
You could add on Church Inquisitor for immunity to:

Charms
Compulsions
Possession

The immunity to possession is substantially better than the name implies. It gives immunity to not just fiendish possession, but to "effects that displace or replace a character's life force", explicitly including Trap the Soul. Y'know, the spell that should be the best Necromancy spell in the game, but is Conjuration for some insane reason? The save-or-die that isn't [Death], doesn't allow SR (or under some circumstances a save) and prevents Rez, as an 8th-level spell? That one? There are very few ways to get immunity to that thing, and it is vital for any character aspiring to "unkillable".

ShurikVch
2019-03-31, 11:52 AM
If you're OK with stretching it to LA +3, Lost Empires of Faerûn have Curst template, which gives you the Unkillable SQ

Malphegor
2019-03-31, 03:31 PM
Dweomer of Transference (be a psionic creature via Wild Talent feat) + Starmantle.

So all spells that ‘hit’ you become psionic power points (and while I think it was not intended like this, area of effect spells that happen to have you in the area also get absorbed by you... Which is weird when it’s a spell that seems to explicitly conjure up a non-magical thing by magical means. I am unsure if excess power points has any side effects to be aware of, so roleplay headaches if you’re unsure I guess lol), and non-magical weapons attacking you disintegrate on your magical Bowie Cloak, magical ones half damage.

Then you need some way to defend against natural weapons (they do not disintegrate), and I think psionics are still completely unprotected. Oh also spell likes and supernatural stuff. Also natural disasters.

Man I need to tighten up my ‘invulnerability’ project. I need more abjuration maybe.

(cleric of mystra to do this within a AMF I suppose)