PDA

View Full Version : Cleric question (3.5)

Zhepna
2019-03-28, 10:31 PM
Hi,

1)we play 3.5. I have a lvl 5 cleric with the feat Initiate of Mystra. I cast anyspell to get Hunter's Eye. the spell give: You deal an extra 1d6 points of damage per three caster levels.
Does it count my ranger lvl or my cleric lvl for the 1d6 points of damage?

2) it値l be a over-the-top hard game and the dm gave me the incantatrix prestige class for free, I only have to get the feats and spellcraft. I would like to play a cleric that fight in melee while buffing myself. Since i don稚 use the traditional dmm persist build, I知 looking for ideas for the build.
At the moment I was thinking about cleric6/wizard 1/Bone KnightX to get various lvl 1 wizard spells that could be persisted like Critical Strike(dmg+% of critic, Master's Touch (to maybe use Scythe, not sure yet) and Shield
I値l use a wand or anypell to persist Wraithstrike

Which prestige class or ideas could fit with the concept?

Thanks for the information and have a nice day.

Saintheart
2019-03-28, 10:55 PM
Dunno about the second question, but I can tell you the first question is irrelevant. You can't use Anyspell to cast Hunter's Eye. Anyspell only lets you cast any arcane spell of up to 2nd level. Hunter's Eye is a ranger-only spell, which means it's a divine spell.

Kayblis
2019-03-29, 03:37 AM
As noted, you can't cast a divine spell with Anyspell. It does state your CL doesn't change, you're considered a Wizard of your Cleric level when casting the arcane spell.

For the second question, if not using Persist I believe Chain and Quicken are the go-to options. You can Quicken your buffs to keep full-attacking and Chain buffs/debuffs as you see fit. You'll want a Spellcraft item to keep it viable, but Guidance of the Avatar can get you a huge bonus with some preparation, which sadly makes it even more of a loss to not go Persist.