PDA

View Full Version : HoneyHeist: Undercover Ursines IC

JbeJ275
2019-03-29, 09:10 AM
Together you sit in a grimy room overlooking the bustling Canadian fishing town of St. Ambrose. Out on the pier there sits a great warehouse which will soon be home to HoneyCon 2019 and your target, Ultradense megahoney from especially posh bees, known as Crown Orchid Honey.

The convention is run by Zachary Huntington the fourth, son of huge honey magnates. Even now you can see his silver plated yaght and his three jet skis hitched to the pier that supports the honeycon warehouse. Inside you know your fortune awaits, but what’s your plan to get at it? What unforeseen Defences lay ahead of you? And will you manage to stay as criminal bears long enough to collect it?

Maloney
2019-03-29, 11:24 AM
Weston Friday puts his cowboy hat and top hat on their place on the hat rack before turning to the crew and pouring espresso from an expensive-looking carafe. "Y'all may be wond'ren why I called y'all in for this mission. I've been overlookin' Honeycon's organizers for months now, and I hear they've got a display of the richest megahoney ever made, by the poshest bees. However, I'm gon need y'alls help to get inside before it's revealed to the public. Then I can finally pay off my debts from all the gamblin' and all." He drinks his espresso in one gulp and places a slender stick of bamboo in the corner of his mouth, chewing it slowly. "I'm sure you all received the letter explaining what your part is in this operation."

Grimlocked
2019-03-29, 12:09 PM
As the group gathers, Lewis sits quiet in a dark, shadowy corner of the room. He looks... like a sun bear. He places his fez on the ground beside him, looking at Weston. After learning of the job, Lewis rises to his feet and steps toward a window. He places a paw on the glass and leans into the window as he stares out into the view.

"You want the best bear thief you can find, but you don't discuss payment? Tsk tsk Weston," Lewis says in a deep yet quiet voice. There's an accent, but you can't quite place it.

Parlortricks
2019-03-29, 05:09 PM
Sitting on a crate in the dingy, smoky room is a dark brown grizzly bear with matted fur and a tiny, bright red fez on his head. Long, sharp claws hold a thick cigar that is currently adding to the smokiness of the room. The mention of delicious honey causes a drip of saliva to fall into the floor as Buttercup removes the cigar from his mouth to speak.
"You needed a driver? Do you have a car?" He growled. Buttercup was an old circus bear, after all…

Wexon
2019-03-31, 01:22 PM
A short, ursine figure is sitting on a chair in the smoky, dim lit room, legs crossed, her short, dark brown fur neatly brushed and a thin, silver-lined cigarette holder in her heavy, clawed hand. She throws a spent cigarette in the ashtray and lights another one. Soliel's already five and a half packets in this evening.

"What's our plan here, Monsieur Vendredi?" she asks Weston with a deep Provence accent. "What do we know about the target? Layout, entry points, surveillance, security measures… Le prix will be well protected and we only have one chance to get it, so we better not gâcher this job". She throws away her cigarette and opens a seventh packet.

Maloney
2019-03-31, 02:30 PM
"You'll get 50 mil. Each. That's enough honey for any one of you for the rest of your lives. Maybe it's enough to save my dying wife too, as well as paying off my crippling debt to my criminal contacts." Weston looks off into the distance, pondering on his dark and interesting criminal past which is an intricate web of lies leading to his eventual sudden and completely unexpected betrayal of the team. "As for intel, I have a contact with all the info we need."

Weston pulls out a smartphone and begins scrambling with it, attempting to unlock it to call our criminal contact to give us some more details about the crime. His panda psuedo-thumb, evolved to grab bamboo, aided in the attempt, but it was still quite difficult.

(I'm assuming I'm going to roll Criminal (3) for this: [roll0] Fail)

JbeJ275
2019-03-31, 03:22 PM
Ah, yes Weston’s contact Easton, who had infiltrated a team of dockworkers to gain access to the convention centre, however a simple slip of Weston’s fingers meant a very different individual pulse be picking up the line.

“Hello, this is John Malcolm, customer support for vermi-gone, the best armed protection company in all of eastern Canada, how can I help you today, eh?

Maloney
2019-03-31, 03:38 PM
"UHHHHHHHHHH" Weston begins. "Hold please." He puts the phone down on the table and looks to his companions. "New plan, probably better than picking up the warehouse and putting it on a boat. What if we infiltrate this service here and use that to get into the convention? That's an escape vehicle, full access, and disguises all in one. What do you say? Think you can drive a truck?"

Grimlocked
2019-03-31, 05:48 PM
Lewis chuckles as he shakes his head. Looking out onto the street below, the people look like ants. Tasty tasty ants. His stomach grumbles.

As Weston drums up a new plan, Lewis turns and shrugs his shoulders. "What kind of disguises we talkin'?"

Parlortricks
2019-03-31, 06:07 PM
Buttercup said nothing, but his intense, beady little eyes were dead set on the panda when he started talking about what they were getting out of the crime. It did seem like Weston was having some kind of technical difficulties with his phone, but when there was talk of a truck, the grizzly bear's ears perked up.
"Yeah. Cub's play."

Wexon
2019-04-01, 02:25 AM
Mlle. Soliel lights another cigarette and leans slightly forward. "Oui, I can work with that. However, there's still la question of how we acquire le prix once we're inside".
She takes out the ninth packet and lights another cigarette.

Maloney
2019-04-01, 01:23 PM
Weston clears his throat, picks up the phone, and does his best human impression. "Howdy John, I'm Frank Frankman, I'm the organizer for Honey-con 2019, and we were wondren if you could have a truck swing round and just case the place, we've been having some reports of some ants and we really don't want them getting into the honey."

[Bear: 4 Criminal: 2]

JbeJ275
2019-04-01, 05:52 PM
“Ah, so you’re wanting off-scene aversive suvellience in addition to our current presence of armed guard and jam suprise for Honeycon then? It’s unusual to see an expansion at this stage but we can accommodate such an action.

Maloney
2019-04-01, 07:11 PM
“Ah, so you’re wanting off-scene aversive suvellience in addition to our current presence of armed guard and jam suprise for Honeycon then? It’s unusual to see an expansion at this stage but we can accommodate such an action.

"We think there might be an intelligence leak, how about you send one truck with two rather small exterminators and two very large exterminators to the alley behind the coffee shop across from the warehouse? We want to make sure that the ants don't see you coming."

JbeJ275
2019-04-03, 08:00 AM
“OK, that’s fine I just need to pass you across to James in contract management if you could just hold for a moment.”

Before you can reply, the voice is replaced by easy listening music, and they seem in no hurry to take you off hold before the heat death of the universe. What do you do?

Grimlocked
2019-04-04, 11:41 PM
Lewis taps his claws on the glass, eyes glued to the tasty ant-sized humans below. After noticing Weston is oddly quiet on the phone, he glances over his shoulder to the other bear.

"Weston, you okay over there?"

Maloney
2019-04-05, 06:21 PM
"They put me on hold."

Grimlocked
2019-04-05, 08:07 PM
Lewis lowers his head and shakes it. "Typical customer service. What a sham!"

Looking out, Lewis notices the yacht and jet skis. "That could be our getaway over there. Might be harder for them to chase us on water anyway. The trick is going to be getting in. Did anyone buy a ticket to this thing? 'Cause that would be handy right now..."

Lewis will look around the room. What's in the room with us?

JbeJ275
2019-04-05, 10:14 PM
The room is grimy, a layer of dust covering most surfaces and smoke flowing up to the rafters. As well as anything (reasonable) that the other bears have brought the room contains an old snooker table. An old land line attached to the wall, several snooker cues. A singing bass, a country guitar, a novelty liscense plate, a stack of furniture, chinaware and utensils, several old sets of waiters uniforms with country motifs and an old cash register.

(It’s worth noting you all have some funds stashed away and can buy a few items that would be useful for the heist.)

The other end of the phone finally crackles to life.

“Hi, this is Jim from asset management. I hear you want a squad sent out, can you just send me your ID numbers and physical descriptions, as well as current location so my men know what they’re dealing with?”

Grimlocked
2019-04-06, 10:24 PM
Lewis will stumble his way to the uniforms and attempt to put the largest one on. He looks to Weston and the others, curious to hear their response.

Parlortricks
2019-04-07, 10:44 AM
Buttercup's ears twitch and his nostrils flare. He's not looking like the most patient bear when faced with customer service, his lips occasoinally curling into a snarl.

Grimlocked
2019-04-09, 11:33 AM
Lewis bumps the fourth wall as he attempts to put on the outfit.

JbeJ275
2019-04-09, 12:14 PM
The biggest outfit has a large picture of a salmon on it, and both smells and tastes of hamburger grease.

The room also smells of impatience as if waiting to see what Maloney will do.

Grimlocked
2019-04-09, 12:49 PM
Passing a glance at Weston, Lewis groans. "I guess some bears just don't know how to hold a conversation..."

Trying on the outfit, Lewis scrunches his nose at the smell of hamburger grease but gives a little smile when he finds that it fits. He grabs some utensils and the cash register, and makes his way to the door. Looking over his shoulder, Lewis tosses some words to the rest of the crew.

"I will be in the lobby if you need me," he utters before leaving.

Grimlocked
2019-04-11, 10:42 PM
Bumping some thread in his jacket, Lewis smacks a double post on his way into the convention center. Holding the cash register, and a random assortment of silverware, Lewis makes his way for the entrance, attempting to enter through the front of the convention center in his random uniform.

JbeJ275
2019-04-12, 03:25 AM
[roll0]

Upon seeing the bear in the jacket the staff hurry over.

“Quick get through there, you were suppose to be here half an hour ago. And use the service entrance next time.”

With that he is hurriedly pushed into some sort of kitchen, with piles of honey fried chicken, honey loops, honey soup and honey salad lies on trays. On the board there’s a schedule of rooms which need to be served, currently they’re serving arrivals centre on the main floor.

Grimlocked
2019-04-15, 08:52 AM
As he thinks of his crew waiting in their room, watching Weston freeze up on the phone, Lewis has an epiphany. If he works here and makes money, he can buy all the honey he wants!

Lewis looks to the person and apologizes. He makes his way into the kitchen, leaving the life of crime behind him. He’s a career bear now!

Fin.