PDA

View Full Version : Fabricated creatures?

jintoya
2019-03-29, 01:36 PM
I was looking through some monsters that I have not used in some time and spotted the owlbear... Then it got me thinking, if some wizard or mad druid wanted to make a monster out of two or more creatures, are there any rules for it and what would the process look like?

Any fusion suggestions are welcome also for this Frankenstein's monster type thread.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-03-29, 01:53 PM
Savage species has rules for making halfbreeds out of just about anything. MMII has the Tauric template which lets you make centaur shaped creatures out of any quadruped and another creature.

Nastiest monstrosity I've ever built was a 13 headed adult red dragon. Nearly TPK that day.

jintoya
2019-03-29, 02:43 PM
Savage species has rules for making halfbreeds out of just about anything. MMII has the Tauric template which lets you make centaur shaped creatures out of any quadruped and another creature.

Nastiest monstrosity I've ever built was a 13 headed adult red dragon. Nearly TPK that day.

I've used the template for making things from a DM chair, but I'm talking about as a character, taking two creatures and making a creature out of it, there are a few creatures in the manuals that specifically were made by some wizard, but never goes into detail about how... Or why for that reason would he need something like an owlbear or... That magic eating zebra thing... I'm at work right now, so I can't reference exact pages.

unseenmage
2019-03-29, 06:17 PM
What you're looking for is the Amalgam Template from Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary.

My current character is a Mimic Amalgam Doppelganger. Comes in 3.x and PF flavors.

jintoya
2019-03-29, 09:14 PM
What you're looking for is the Amalgam Template from Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary.

My current character is a Mimic Amalgam Doppelganger. Comes in 3.x and PF flavors.

looking into it.... and never hit submit before doing so, and this is exactly what i was looking for, thank you.
also, i am also making a mimic character.