PDA

View Full Version : Half-Breeds

carrdrivesyou
2019-03-29, 06:55 PM
So there are half elves, centaurs, dragons, fiends, elementals, angels, and for crying out loud even half blood yuan-ti. My question is...where are all the half dwarves!?

Draconi Redfir
2019-03-29, 10:52 PM
i'm not sure what setting it's in, or from where, but i heard half-dwarves (other half being human) are sterile mules. so they wouldn't get the bonus that half-elves, half-orcs and the other hybrid races get of "half orc mother + half-orc father = half-orc baby".

Plus i can see relationships between humans and dwarves being difficult to develop at best. Most humans would see Dwarves as too hairy and sweaty, while most Dwarves would see Humans as too weak and frail. the other races you mentioned all have some way around this.

Half-elves are born because Elves are very attractive to humans, and humans are attractive to Elves.

Half-orcs are born because of violent relations during raids, or the usual "forbidden love" trope.

half-dragons, feinds, elementals, angels, and i think even yuan-ti are all likely results of "the non-human can shape-shift"

Centaurs i don't think are half-human at all. they're a different thing entirely.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-30, 01:07 AM
Depends on the setting. In the Forgotten Realms, circa 2e, half-dwarves were simply slightly taller dwarves. They were relatively common, as many dwarven women had fertility issues, and human women who would bear dwarven children were honored (per Dwarves Deep).

In Dark Sun, of course, they are the muls.

Bjarkmundur
2019-03-30, 04:03 AM
Link (https://dnd4.fandom.com/wiki/Mul) provided

I have no idea how incredible toughness would be converted.

1/long rest automatically end one condition maybe. But that would include unconscious and exhausted, so maybe not.

RedWarlock
2019-03-30, 04:19 AM
To note, tho, Yuan-Ti Halfbloods aren't actually a hybrid of anything. They're just the mid-grade between the Pureblood and the Abomination. (They tried to rename them after 3e into Malison for exactly that reason, to try and reduce confusion.)

inuyasha
2019-03-30, 04:41 AM
Don't forget the Derro everyone. They're supposed to be a degenerate crossbreed of Dwarf and Human that now breed true.