PDA

View Full Version : DM Help World of Warcraft RHoD conversion?

Mad Max
2019-03-30, 02:21 PM
Howdy! I've been feeling nostalgic about my WoW days, and I have Red Hand of Doom ready for this summer (assuming none of my player's bail). Today I realized that a RHoD game in Azeroth would probably be really fun, but I need some help with it!

The problem I ran into is that I'm not super well versed in WoW lore and need some ideas for what to convert the Red Hand into. I was thinking maybe the Twilight Hammer (to keep the dragons) or a total overhaul for the Burning Legion.

I'd like to allow Horde and Alliance races in the same party, because I think the dynamic would be interesting for RP, so I'm also trying to decide where in the map to drop the Elsir Vale so that Hordies and Allies can show up together.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but I couldn't think of a better spot. If there is one, let me know! :smallsmile:

The Glyphstone
2019-03-30, 04:16 PM
Off the top of my head....maybe swap out Elsir Vale for Redridge Mountains? Use the Blackrock Clan orcs, allied with black dragons, ogres, and dragonspawn as the Red Hand substitute. Lakeshire can replace Drelin's Ferry, there's even a bridge there to blow up. It's close enough for Stormwind City to be the Brindol equivalent. Blackrock Mountain itself works as a substitute for the Fane of Tiamat.