PDA

View Full Version : Is my signature too big? Should I spoiler it?

Zhentarim
2019-03-31, 12:26 AM
I’ve had my “blue/black” banner a long time and my “trader” banner a long time, but I’ve just added a “Julius Caesar” banner and I’m worried it might make my signature too long. If it does, I’m debating whether or not I should put everything below my “trader” banner in a spoiler or if I should just delete everything below “trader”

DataNinja
2019-03-31, 02:07 AM
Given that the forum rules say:

The total height of images in your signature may not exceed 120 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

Any images in a spoiler may not exceed 300 pixels high by 470 pixels wide.

Total height of your signature may not exceed 12 lines or equivalent. A smaller font may allow additional lines and a larger font will count against multiple lines. A 120 pixel high image is equivalent to 8 lines, a spoiler with no blank lines around it is equivalent to 2 lines. Please be aware of text wrapping as long lines will count as multiple lines at our discretion.
And 12 lines is from here

to here. So, probably needs to be shrunk.
(Also, make sure that this is followed. Since only you know your image sizes.)

The maximum total size for your avatar and every image in your signature, including those in spoilers cannot exceed 300kb.

Algeh
2019-03-31, 02:00 PM
Depending on your browser, it can be pretty easy to find out image file sizes and dimensions.

I use Firefox, and the "view image info" option in the right-click menu when I click on an image gives me both of those pieces of information.

Your "Black/Blue" image is 403px × 100px and 9.5 KB (9,729 bytes)
Your "Trader" image is 440px × 96px and 14.36 KB (14,705 bytes)
Your "Caesar" image is 439px × 150px and 20.81 KB (21,306 bytes)

Since the forum rules state
The total height of images in your signature may not exceed 120 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

You definitely need to do some trimming still to get under that. Either "Black/Blue" or "Trader" would be fine as stand-alones, but they'll run into the 120 pixel limit stacked like you have them now.