PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gestalt Inspiration help

rallas6
2019-04-01, 06:01 AM
I am currently playing in a Gestalt campaign and my current character is probably going to retire soon and i am currently
Considering what i am going to play afterwards.

I am thinking about alchemist // Rogue in this case i am considering a few options, such what would be better unchained
or vanilla.

Also does anyone have an idea for making a good Sacredfist // something??

other ideas are very welcome. :smallsmile:

Phillyg
2019-04-01, 08:41 AM
I just played in the first session of my first Pathfinder gestalt campaign; take what I say and salt liberally ;)

I made an Aegis || Psion with the Crystal Warrior Archetype and Constructor (advanced) Discipline. The concept is a Shaper that lives inside his Psicrystal like Ironman and others.

I like it! I like it a lot. The only problem is that we started at level 10 and I can't say anything about low level play. I wish I could try him starting at a low(er) level; it is extremely difficult to find a game that is gestalt, allows Psionics, and is online :(

NightbringerGGZ
2019-04-01, 11:35 AM
If you go for a Rogue, you definitely want the Unchained version as it is strictly superior. Alchemist/Rogue isn't going to be the strongest variant possible but could be quite fun depending on which archetypes you go for. I'd suggest the Eldritch Scoundrel archetype at the last, in order to get some pure spell casting. Alternatively, a Vivisectionist Alchemist / Wizard combo would be quite effective.

ezekielraiden
2019-04-01, 11:52 AM
One fun yet unexpected combination is Ninja and Summoner, particularly Synthesist. Both classes value Charisma, and each contributes some nice goodies to the other--Synthesist//Ninja is a rare case where you get a mix of active and passive benefits from both sides.

Definitely do Unchained Rogue if you do Rogue at all. For every class except Summoner, if there's an Unchained version, it is a noticeable power-up. Unchained Summoner is a very significant, even painful nerf--they overshot the balance on the original version, but frankly I feel they undershot the Unchained version (did they really need to reduce it to ONE evo point at first level???)

There's a third-party Unchained Ninja you should check out too. It's basically the same thing to the regular Ninja that the Unchained Rogue is to the regular Rogue. I know not all DMs approve of 3pp content, but the Unchained Ninja really is the most minimal form of 3rd party product you'll ever find.

Summoner and Paladin is another fun mix, if you can cope with the spell failure penalty issue. Particularly because your eidolon can act as your mount, but also like an animal companion.

Psyren
2019-04-02, 12:22 AM
For Sacred Fist I would probably put something with full BAB on the other side, like Fighter or Ranger. Alternatively, Unchained Rogue would work well for additional skills and putting your agility to good use.

For Alchemist I would consider Slayer if you wanted to lean more towards combat, or either Wizard/Psychic if you wanted to beef up the casting side.

rallas6
2019-04-02, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your Input. I quite like the Sacred Fist // unchained Rogue Idea. I'm not too keen on the summoner idea as im currently playing Synthesist // Dervish Dancer which is quite awesome but making another summoner based character would kinda be a bit too much one trick.

Things i have considered, would be black blade arcanist // Swashbuckler, Sacred fist // rogue or Dragon Disciple, As well as the combat powerhouse of Zen archer // Inquisitor.

Also we only use 1st party materials.

one of my current considerations is how to make the character with the absolutely highest situational control both battlefield and social.

Coventry
2019-04-02, 09:07 PM
Ahh, if only I could find a gestalt PF game. Since you have ruled out playing another Synthesist, how about this:

a Halfling Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/Medium with a focus on dexterity.

Dex to attack and damage are possible, full BAB, and pounce at 8th level.
Fly, Haste and Teleport are all on the Medium's spell list.
In a pinch, the Medium can cast raise dead on the fallen primary healer (admittedly, the next day) at 13th level.
Risky Striker and Piranha Strike against anything size Large or larger for insane damage backed up by the rapier's crit range.
The Champion Spirit's ability to get an extra attack each round explicitly stacks with haste, so at 16th level, this combination has 6 main-hand attacks per round.
Casting Reduce Person and Longarm (also both on the Medium spell list) on yourself actually works. And lets Risky Striker work on Medium opponents, too.
Options to swap out skills each morning ("Oh, we need a lawyer here in the big city? Okay, I'll go meditate at a law firm to find an appropriate Scoundrel Spirit, and pick up max ranks in Perform(Oratory), Profession(Barrister) and maybe boost Knowledge(Local). I've got us covered.")

Halfling favored class bonuses get invested in the Medium class. When channeling a Champion Spirit, every third level is more damage output.

grarrrg
2019-04-02, 10:01 PM
..., As well as the combat powerhouse of Zen archer // Inquisitor.
one of my current considerations is how to make the character with the absolutely highest situational control both battlefield and social.

Zenquisitor can do social just fine.
There are a fair variety of archetypes and/or Inquisitions that let you use WIS instead of CHA for the social skills.

Psyren
2019-04-03, 12:00 AM
Zenquisitor can do social just fine.
There are a fair variety of archetypes and/or Inquisitions that let you use WIS instead of CHA for the social skills.

Not to mention traits, like Cunning Liar and Empathic Diplomat

rallas6
2019-04-03, 02:07 AM
I like the halfling medium idea. The reason for my not wanting to go Synthesist is that while it is really good, it seems like a crutch if i just go synth something else every time.
Hmm zenquisitor just might end up being the way im gonna go.

and yup, Having found a group who likes doing gestalt is fantastic!
I appreciate your input thus far! :D