PDA

View Full Version : Die Vecna Die! 2.0 (or .PF?)

ngilop
2019-04-01, 10:52 AM
So I was just at the Piaoz site for their store and found this https://paizo.com/tyrantsgrasp little adventure path.

I totally thought that return of the runelords was the final PF adventure path. I was wrong.

I knew it had to be another whispering tyrant based AP and was curious so I took a look on their little paragraphs on what the game is about. My thoughts were "heven't we already dealt with this at least once?" But then i realized that like half* the AP take place in Cheliax..

It is pathfinder's version of 2nd edition AD&D's adventure Die Vecna Die.

Lich tries to becomes a god, everything changes POW! now you have new rules and this is why the rules are different. Reality is shattered, remade and now everything is different and that crazy old lich trying to do things he should/not be is why,

I am neutral on that, don't really care one way or another. I dislike what they did with the new version of pathfinder (mostly cuz its like 5th ed D&D and they went too far in a something). But, that is neither here nor there. I mean, they have paid homage to other older D&D adventures Iron Fang Invasion was one for Red hand of Doom, Iron God's was Expedition to Barrier Peaks, etc etc.

Anyways, I haven't seen anything on the forums for this yet (or for War for the cornw either now that i think bout it) and Just wanted to let you all know what it up.

I can say that if Aroden don't show up in this adventure path I shall be sorely disappointed.

* I know this is an exaggeration.

Palanan
2019-04-01, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by ngilop
I totally thought that return of the runelords was the final PF adventure path. I was wrong.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for Tyrant’s Grasp for a while now—I was surprised they were doing another AP as well, but interested in the concept. There’s only one review on the Paizo site so far, which is fairly mixed, but it still sounds interesting.

As for the Time-of-Troubles aspect that potentially bridges to the 2.0 ruleset, I’m with you in not being that interested.

I mean, they have paid homage to other older D&D adventures Iron Fang Invasion was one for Red hand of Doom….

Ironfang Invasion is one of my favorite APs, at least the early books. Not something I’ll be running myself, but plenty of inspiration, and all the hobgoblin NPC builds you could ever want.

Anyways, I haven't seen anything on the forums for this yet (or for War for the cornw either now that i think bout it)….

War for the Crown is another favorite, for much the same reasons. I’ve heard good things from those who’ve played it.