PDA

View Full Version : OOC - Adventurers wanted

blackout
2007-10-01, 05:44 AM
Dungeons and stuff seem to have officially dropped out of interest around Town. Everyone's too busy breaking the law, enforcing it, or getting caught up in their own plots. A simple dungeon crawl with some basic to strong monsters, and some kind of relic or artifact at the end. At the very least, it would give those of us with characters that are sitting around in deadtime something to use them for.

Nightwing
2007-10-01, 05:55 AM
Your right. Tereal used to be my main char. But now there is no use for a guy with a sword! Sign me up!

metakirb
2007-10-01, 05:56 AM
sounds good, i can bring taicho along

blackout
2007-10-01, 06:00 AM
Well, I wasn't personally making a dungeon. I suck at DMing. But, maybe one of the more experienced townies would be willing to make a simple dungeon run. Moose quit the police force, so he'll need a job too.

Vhaidara
2007-10-01, 06:11 AM
No offence, blackout, but you do. I still remember Dustworld. It was fun, but if you'd actually made us roll for every attack, we'd take like a week to finish a battle.

Still off topic, I still remember those days, Nightwing. We were both pretty new. I still remember Landaro, the guy that deadtimed in February and still isn't back.

Now for the on topic: I'll consider sending Danae, she isn't very high leveled. Just very hot and very smart.

blackout
2007-10-01, 06:14 AM
No offence, blackout, but you do. I still remember Dustworld. It was fun, but if you'd actually made us roll for every attack, we'd take like a week to finish a battle.

Exactly what I'm talking about, man. :smalltongue:

So, yeah, I just don't want to DM a dungeon crawl. I'm really not qualified.

Vhaidara
2007-10-01, 06:18 AM
If we really need someone, I'll consider it. I was going to save my first DMing for when I gave my friend a DnD tutorial. Seriously, he was going to be in an epic mage's basement, with all these varieties of rats, including fiendish, giant, dire, and were, and in each room, the wizard would use Time Stop to explain the challenge while I explained the concept OOC. Final room he gets eaten by a dragon, to represent that, if you piss off the DM badly enough, he can randomly generate insanely big and powerful creatures just to kill you.

Xaspian
2007-10-01, 06:59 AM
I'm up for adventuring. That's what Icetwig wants.

Artemis97
2007-10-01, 07:06 AM
I can send in Raril or Brie, because you can't have a dungeon crawl without someone who can deal with traps.

Xaspian
2007-10-01, 07:09 AM
I really enjoyed the random group of people exploring and surviving together feel of Draken's castle bit. It's a good way for characters to meet, get loot (sometimes), and stuff like that. It also gives characters who don't like talking/interacting much a chance to do something more interesting.

Artemis97
2007-10-01, 07:11 AM
Yeah, Draken's castale was a good one, and so is the one Lochus/Rebonack is running. We need to get back to that, I think. I want to see where it ends up.

LordVader
2007-10-01, 07:20 AM
*Volunteers Kaleth*
"Dammit, not again!":smallannoyed:

Terumitsu
2007-10-01, 09:08 AM
*Ispen volunteeres himself*
Dammit, not again!
What? I like this kind'a thing.

AmberVael
2007-10-01, 12:34 PM
If people need a "dungeon master" I'd be willing to whip something up.

Nightwing
2007-10-01, 02:11 PM
*Tereal volunteers and complains about there being no use for a guy with a sword*

Bayar
2007-10-01, 02:13 PM
Meira sure as hell wants to go on a adventure...but i dunno about timezones...

AmberVael
2007-10-01, 02:14 PM
I'm going to say this about time zones:

I don't care if someone has to go. If I still have enough people to keep going through the plot, the plot/dungeon crawl will continue despite the absence of others.
Waiting for everyone to be present guarantees the death of something like this.

metakirb
2007-10-01, 02:15 PM
I'mm definately getting taicho on this, even if i miss the start i'll find some way to get him there!

Vhaidara
2007-10-01, 02:18 PM
Yeah, there are some where it requires a certain person, though, and when they go, everyone goes. However, I hate when they kep going since I have a 15 hour deadtime most days: Bed and school. I was part of recovering Lori's soul plot, and missed every single frickin' part of it.

Xaspian
2007-10-01, 02:21 PM
Me, Metakirb, and Bayar's timezones are fairly close... That's nearly enough to do one for European timezones. That might make things easier, although it might not work.

*looks at metakirb and Bayar*

Actually, no. I don't like the look of these people... =Þ

AmberVael
2007-10-01, 02:22 PM
Does anyone have a preference on what kind of dungeon/thingy this is? Serious, unserious, trip to hell, random monster land, etc?

Draken
2007-10-01, 02:36 PM
I think blackout is just asking people to organize dungeon crawls with more frequency, I think I could DM a few, just bear in mind a few words I said Artemis once.

"My goal is hardly to win, it is to gross people out."

So you can have an idea of what kind of dungeon crawl to expect, remember all these crossroads during the castle? They choose the upper labs, but choosing the pens or the mines would lead you into some of the most wicked parts of the basements. I had dozens of disgusting things planned, like Maxinus' necromantic lab.

------------------------

And, if you missed the point, I am offering myself to DM dungeon crawls every now and then.

AmberVael
2007-10-01, 02:40 PM
Aye, but that is no reason not to go ahead and organize one right here.

Draken
2007-10-01, 02:44 PM
Point.

*Planning more horror adventures*

By the way, the Expedition was my first attempt to DM, expect the next ones to be far more disturbing.

blackout
2007-10-01, 02:51 PM
Vael speaks the truth. I really just want to get the whole adventuring thing back into the open, where it belongs. Not much adventuring, more 'politics and mayhem' going on.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-01, 02:52 PM
I think something serious at first, Vael. Comedy is nice, but I think the point of the crawl is to get something more serious than the pillow fights or gender changing debacles.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-01, 05:50 PM
I'd be up for one. My characters haven't been involved in much, so it'd be nice to start somewhere.

Rebonack
2007-10-01, 06:01 PM
The questy plot is still active.

Well... active in the sense that if anyone wants back in I'll keep it going.

I also have a Cthuhlu Mythos style adventure going on right now [Plot of DOOOOOM] if anyone is interested in that. While it is an adventure it isn't your standard dungeon crawl.

Emperor Ing
2007-10-02, 03:43 PM
I got a few chars that need this kind of thing. I'm in.
I think I can make a dungeon, however, my knowledge of monsters is extremely limited.

Nightwing
2007-10-02, 04:30 PM
I want to try my hand at a simply dungeon crawl. I have three monster manuals and I think I can do it. Any one who wants to join PM me.

LordVader
2007-10-02, 05:08 PM
I'm going to be running a, quite literally, Dungeon crawl based on HoMM III, if anyone's interested.

Xaspian
2007-10-02, 05:09 PM
Depending on IC availability and other issues, I'll participate in one or more of these, then.

blackout
2007-10-02, 05:23 PM
I'm going to be running a, quite literally, Dungeon crawl based on HoMM III, if anyone's interested.

Will there be loot? :smalltongue:

LordVader
2007-10-02, 05:26 PM
Friggin' piles of it, and magic items.

metakirb
2007-10-03, 08:52 AM
I'll bring in Taicho for the sake of joining

Jerk...

There might be dark matter ore of high quality in the loot...

Sign me up!

LordVader
2007-10-03, 10:02 AM
Go to the Tavern, go to room #16 upstairs after seeing the plaque.

Also, put further posts in the advenure's thread.