PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Best thief

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-04-01, 01:38 PM
I want to play a kender, and I just need the best class for them, I was thinking straight rogue, but I don't really know about anything other than that, there is probably a better class for thieving though. I'm not too worried about much else besides thieving, most "Thief-like" classes usually either have magic or some variation of sneak attack.

I'm pretty sure that thieving has Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Slight of Hand, and Search as main skills, with a few other charisma based skills to back up the trade, once again, I plan on playing a Kender that can't keep his hands to himself.

Around level 1-15, we're starting at level 10, and won't play it for too long,
Help

Maat Mons
2019-04-01, 03:41 PM
What level range? Anything you want to do other than thieving?

I suppose Beguiler, Rogue, and Factotum would be the obvious choices.

Oh right, Psychic Rogue (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b) too.

Jowgen
2019-04-02, 03:19 AM
I say start with a level of trickster Spellthief, for the skills and one SA dice (which you can up by whatever means later. Then at least one of Warlock with the Blend into Shadows feat, which your Darkness Invocation can fuel for swift action hide. Check if your DM lets Master Spellthief work with Warlock, there is quite a bit of support for it. Other build elements to go with the Thief theme are the Master Pickpocket feat, and a Silencing weapon to put Silence on yourself at will.

You'll be indauble so long as you choose to spend an action on it, hide as a swift action so long as you carry something emiting Darkness, and steal anything not held in hand from anyone as a free action if you accept a -10 to your check. I also recommend the spontaneous Search spell as a wand or something so you can learn everything there is to steal within 20 ft.