PDA

View Full Version : Alternative mode of travel

Sigreid
2019-04-01, 01:54 PM
So, I've got a wizard who has gotten a shield guardian. Being the weirdo I am I'm wondering if anyone has a cost for a rickshaw? Yes, I intend to make my big construct body do my walking for me.

nickl_2000
2019-04-01, 01:58 PM
A Wagon is 35gp, a carriage 100gp, and a Chariot 250gp.

I would say a rickshawnot made for combat would be somewhere around 60gp.

Ventruenox
2019-04-01, 02:09 PM
Depends on how glamorous you want your transport to be. The PHB lists carts at 15 GP, sleds at 20 GP, wagons at 35 GP, and chariots at 250 GP. Reskinning any of these should work with a reasonable DM. Attempting to use modern equivalent prices doesn't quite apply here.

Sigreid
2019-04-01, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not really looking for any kind of an enhanced edge so these all work. The character is pictured by the party as a Lando Calrissian type. A charming, suave gambler who likes the easy path. I figure a rickshaw with a 10 gallon cask for water on the back lets him be lazy, stay with the party who are all on foot and transport enough water for everyone in exactly the size for the cleric to refill it if necessary.

Ventruenox
2019-04-01, 10:26 PM
Please tell me you took the Shape Water cantrip with this opportunity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?481560-Creative-Cantrips-Shape-Water) to bring a fair bit of water everywhere you go.

Sigreid
2019-04-01, 10:35 PM
Please tell me you took the Shape Water cantrip with this opportunity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?481560-Creative-Cantrips-Shape-Water) to bring a fair bit of water everywhere you go.

No shape water, but I do have control water. Unfortunately, cantrips are so limited. I do devote a fair bit of attention to looking for ways to get ever increasing numbers of cantrips. If there was a way on a straight wizard, I'd get them ALL. Well, all the utility ones. I don't really think I need more than my one damage one.