PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an evocation-focused druid circle...

samcifer
2019-04-01, 02:48 PM
Druid Circle - The Circle of Elemental Fury

Lv. 2

Elemental Affinity :

Gain two evocation cantrips from the Wizard spell list. These count as Druid cantrips for you. You may also prepare evocation spells from the wizard spell list at the end of each long rest. These spells count as druid spells for you.

Elemental Recovery:

When you finish a short rest, you may recover spell slots equalling half of your druid level rounded down. You cannot use this feature to re-gain any spell slots of level 6 or higher. You cannot use this feature again until after you have finished a long rest.

Lv. 6

Relentless Elements:

You can add your Wisdom modifier to the damage of your evocation cantrips. In addition, if an enemy needs to make a saving throw to avoid damage from your evocation cantrips, they take half damage (rounded down) on a successful save.

Elemental Reach:

Whenever you cast an evocation cantrip, you may expend a spell slot of level 1 or higher to target additional enemies with your cantrip up to the level of the spell slot expended in this way and you cannot use a spell slot of level 6 or higher. Each attack must target a different enemy and an attack roll or saving throw is required for each target.

Lv. 10

Elemental Fury:

You may add your Wisdom modifier to the damage of all of your evocation spells. Additionally, a number of allies within the area of effect of your evocation spells equal to your Wisdom modifier are unaffected by your evocation spells and take no damage from them. You now also have resistance to all damage of the following types: acid, cold, fire, lightning and thunder.

Lv. 14

Elemental Mastery:

When you cast an evocation spell that requires the target(s) to make a saving throw, you may impose disadvantage to those saving throw(s). If the target(s) fail their saving throws, you can have the spell do maximum damage to the target(s). You cannot use this feature again until you finish a long rest.

This is just an idea and yeah, it borrows ides from other sub-classes for different classes. The goal is to allow druids to be able to do more damage with spells for a different play-style. Wild Shape would be more utility in this form as the features focus on evocation spellcasting.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-04-01, 02:55 PM
Hi! My first suggestion is to pick up Grods-Guide-to-Greatness; my Circle of the Seasons is a flavorful Druid blaster extraordinare.

Yours is a bit overpowered, I think. A LOT overpowered if you dont fix the wording on Elemental Affinity; right now I could by RAW learn Meteor Swarm as a cantrip. Elemental Reach is also clunky-sounding; I'd just steal Twin Spell's wording.

samcifer
2019-04-01, 03:05 PM
Hi! My first suggestion is to pick up Grods-Guide-to-Greatness; my Circle of the Seasons is a flavorful Druid blaster extraordinare.

Yours is a bit overpowered, I think. A LOT overpowered if you dont fix the wording on Elemental Affinity; right now I could by RAW learn Meteor Swarm as a cantrip. Elemental Reach is also clunky-sounding; I'd just steal Twin Spell's wording.

Yeah, the Affinity was meant to be cantrips only, so I fixed it. I really like the ability to hit multiple enemies with cantrips though, so I gave it the ability to target up to 6 creatures. I might swap the lv. 10 and 14 effects, but the current lv. 14 one was meant to be a capstone for the subclass.