PDA

View Full Version : Gesalt build help

Chaoticchewy
2019-04-02, 02:11 AM
So, I'm starting up a solo campaign with a friend, and I'll be playing a 6th level gesalt character. In the setting magic is outlawed, but I'm a former a gladiator mage, gone rogue because I (my pc) recently learned that I'm actually a Demigod. (Not mythic yet, but may be)

I'll be using TPK's wonderful Gladiator alternate fighter class and the Magus as my basis, and I'm looking for help really solidifying the idea. All material is free game. Standard rules for creation above 1st, and 2 traits. Human because that's my only option.

Crow_Nightfeath
2019-04-02, 09:11 AM
What kind of help are you looking for? General idea, or feats, weapons, and such. Cause you know what classes and race, though I will suggest, if you want to focus more on martial combat over magic, using the Kensai archetype for magus.

Chaoticchewy
2019-04-02, 10:49 AM
What kind of help are you looking for? General idea, or feats, weapons, and such. Cause you know what classes and race, though I will suggest, if you want to focus more on martial combat over magic, using the Kensai archetype for magus.

To be honest, I've never played the Kensai magus, but I do like the archetype and abilities. Does this work with a great sword? House rule says I can wield a medium 2H weapon, in one hand. (Through either an Archtype or a feat, but I have to choose one. Other things can also use this rule though, so I may have to combat that.)

I suppose I'm looking for all of the above, I've done a few multiclass concepts like this, but never a gesalt gish like this. Would it be better to focus on my martial combat over magic? I have strong martial abilities even without magic, but the magic is a nice addition for basically everything.

I had considered the Thunder and Fang feat, but I'm not sure how I would make an effective sword and board magus in the first place. The Gladiator class will be shoring most of my combat as it stands, with a nice chunk of feats too, so I'm willing to sack some for build and flavor.

Edit: Thank you for responding as well!

Chaoticchewy
2019-04-02, 01:25 PM
Hate to double post, but, I finally rolled out my stats and HP as follows, got pretty lucky. So far I'm thinking about going 18 for strength and DeX, 16 con, 14 int and wis, and 12 for cha. Thoughts anyone?

Stats: 18, 18, 16, 14, 14, 12
HP: 12, 12, 11, 10, 8, 5