PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Feats and the Village Idiot (Background) (PEACH!)

Crisis21
2019-04-02, 11:10 AM
Body Like a Tank
Prerequisite: Constitution of 15 or more
+1 Constitution
When asked to make a Dexterity saving throw to avoid damage, you may instead make a Constitution saving throw. On a success, you take half damage (you may not completely negate damage using this feature). You may do this a number of times equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1) and regain one use after a short rest and all uses after a long rest.

Torture Technician
Increase your Consitution or Intelligence by 1
You gain proficiency with Torturer's Tools. If you are already proficient, you may double your proficiency bonus with them.
When torturing a subject, you may always make a DC 15 Medicine check using either your Medicine Skill modifier or Torturer's Tools modifier to prevent your subject from dying during torture.

Poisonous Grasp
Prerequisite: Cecaelia (https://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/149175265286/cacaelia-race-by-absurdisan)
When threatened, your limbs secrete a poisonous substance.
Increase your Constitution by 1.
The damage from your unarmed strike increases one die size category (ex: from 1 to 1d4 or from 1d6 to 1d8). Your unarmed strike deals Poison damage instead of bludgeoning damage.
A creature that takes damage from your unarmed strike (and is not immune to being Poisoned) must make a Constitution save at DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier. If they fail, they become Poisoned and suffer disadvantage on all d20 rolls for up to one minute. They may make an additional Constitution save to nullify the effects after 1d4 rounds.

Rubbery Body
Prerequisite: Cecaelia (https://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/149175265286/cacaelia-race-by-absurdisan)
Your body is unnaturally flexible, even for your race.
When not wearing armor, your AC becomes 13 + your Dexterity bonus.
You have advantage on attempts to escape being grappled or non-magical restraints of any kind.

Tentacle Strike
You have learned how to use the tentacles on your lower body as striking limbs.
Increase your Strength or Dexterity by 1.
Your unarmed strike has Reach and Finesse when using your tentacles.
On your turn, you may use a bonus action to make two unarmed melee strikes using your tentacles against any creatures in range. You may do this even if you are grappling or being grappled.

Note: The following are a series of 'multiclass' Feats I whipped up for people who like certain low-level features of a particular class but don't want to do a full multiclass dip to get them.

Feat: Backpacker
Prerequisite: No levels in Ranger
+1 DEX or WIS
You're a regular visitor to the wilderness and you've learned to react swiftly and decisively to even unexpected problems outside civilization.
Whenever you are in natural terrain, whether it be a forest or under a natural cave system, it grants you the following benefits:

You ignore difficult terrain.
You have advantage on initiative rolls.
On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted since combat began.

In addition, you are skilled at navigating the wilderness. You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:

Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
While tracking other creatures, you can also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area without making additional Wisdom (Survival) checks.

Feat: Berserker
Prerequisite: No levels in Barbarian
+1 STR or CON
You gain one use of Barbarian Rage. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.
While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.
Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.
Once you have raged, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.

Feat: Cunning Action
Prerequisite: No levels in Rogue
+1 DEX
On your turn you may use a bonus action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide

Feat: Danger Sense
Prerequisite: No levels in Barbarian
+1 DEX or WIS
You have an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger.
You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Feat: Expertise
Prerequisite: No levels in Rogue or Bard
Choose two Skills you are proficient in. You may add double your proficiency modifier to ability checks made using those Skills.

Feat: Expert Tool User
Prerequisite: No levels in Artificer
Select up to three Tools you have proficiency in. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses any of those Tool proficiencies.

Feat: Extrasensory Perception
Prerequisite: No levels in Paladin
+1 WIS or CHA
The presence of mystic forces buzzes at the edge of your perception. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell. You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

Feat: Fighting Style
Prerequisite: No levels in Ranger, Paladin, or Fighter
+1 to an ability score of your choice
You may choose one fighting style that you qualify for. You gain the benefits of that fighting style.

Feat: Jack of All Trades
Prerequisite: No levels in Bard
+1 to an ability score of your choice.
You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.

Feat: Magic Analysis
Prerequisite: Proficiency in Arcana, no levels in Artificer
+1 INT
You've become adept at identifying magic and magic devices. You know the spells detect magic and identify, and you can cast them as rituals. You don't need to provide a material component when casting identify as a ritual.

Village Idiot

Skills: Performance and Insight
Languages: None
Tools: One gaming set and one musical instrument of your choice
Equipment: Common clothes, a necklace or bracelet made from random items, three bent nails, a key that fits no known lock, an empty bottle, and a pouch containing 3d6 wooden coins.

Feature: Obfuscating Stupidity
Maybe you are as dumb as you appear to others... maybe not. Either way people tend to dismiss you as an idiot and are less careful about hiding their motives around you than they usually are.

d8 Personality Traits

1) I m smrt.
2) Hi, nice to meet you!
3) Did you hear about the thing that happened to that person that one time?
4) Wanna know something neat? Hold your tongue and say "I live on a pirate ship"...
5) That looks fun! Can I try?
6) I'm not an idiot! You're an idiot!
7) That looks like it could hurt... OW! Yeah, it hurts.
8) Say, when does the bar open?

d6 Ideal

1) Joy: I just want to make people smile. (Good)
2) Gain: The more people overlook me, the more I can exploit their ignorance! (Evil)
3) Secrets: You would not believe the things people say when they think no one imporant is listening. (Any)
4) Randomness: Hey, let's try this out! (Chaotic)
5) Resigned: I guess someone had to be the village idiot... (Any)
6) Trickery: Why yes, pay attention to me and not that completely unimportant thing over there. (Chaotic)

d6 Bond

1) I look up to my father/mother. He/She was a true idiot. I'm still just a half-wit.
2) I love my family, even if they are ashamed of me.
3) My best friend in the whole world likes to throw things at me. It's fun!
4) My lover is the greatest person in the world! ...Why does that surprise you?
5) All the bartenders in town know me by name.
6) Everyone I meet is my friend!

d6 Flaw

1) I'm not sure how, but I tend to insult everyone I meet within a minute.
2) I could trip over thin air.
3) I ask every inane question that crosses my mind the moment I think of it.
4) I never relay warnings until after they would have been useful.
5) I could not care less about attempting to be 'polite'.
6) I could get lost in a room with one door.