PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Sorcerer build

Aro2468
2019-04-03, 01:30 AM
I'm coming up with a character that can shoot fire out of his mouth(he is not a dragon born) is there anything that would help me do something like this? Pls give your suggestions.

OvisCaedo
2019-04-03, 02:16 AM
Well. You could always just SAY burning hands comes out of your mouth instead; it really doesn't make any mechanical difference and would just be a flavor thing.

...But then more completely on-the-nose is the second level spell Dragon's Breath which directly lets you breathe fire (or something else!) for a while, if your concentration on the spell holds.

Crgaston
2019-04-03, 02:17 AM
Xanathars Guide has the Dragon Breath spell. It’s only a 2nd Level spell, so you could have it by your 3rd Sorcerer Level.

Maan
2019-04-03, 02:55 AM
If you really want it to be something of a natural ability, you could take Burning Hands (and refluff it as fire breath, like OvisCaedo said) as your Magic Initiate 1 level spell so you could cast it once per day, gratis.
That would work with any character/class you choose.

Nhorianscum
2019-04-03, 11:40 AM
I'm coming up with a character that can shoot fire out of his mouth(he is not a dragon born) is there anything that would help me do something like this? Pls give your suggestions.

Pyromancer (UA) first level ability.

sophontteks
2019-04-03, 03:58 PM
Draconic sorcerer (fire, obviously :smallbiggrin:)

Flavor every fire spell as coming out of your mouth. Take empowered metamagic. Take magic initiate (fire) at some point.

Spells: Fire Bolt, Burning Hands, absorb elements, scorching ray, and fireball.

That is one dimension of your character. Your second metamagic can decide the other...
Subtle- take charm spells, phantasmal force, enemies abound, etc to cause chaos out of combat.
Twinned- Enlarge/reduce, Haste, polymorph, greater invisibility to superbuff the party, and yourself.

Can't recommend the other metamagics as early picks.

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-03, 04:03 PM
Someone requested the same exact thing last week, although he was a Dragonborn Sorcerer trying to cast spells out of his mouth.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?584234-Dragonborn-Breath-weapon-quot-fix-quot

Sift through that, and let us know if you're still missing stuff.

Rukelnikov
2019-04-03, 04:08 PM
Be a Fire Genasi, ask your DM to change Produce Flame, casting it makes your head go on fire (like Pillars of Eternity Fire-Godlikes), attacking with it is done by spewing gouts of flame.