View Full Version : Arremba IC

Mada
2019-04-03, 04:54 AM
It's a sunny day, the calendar reads 20-05-51, the middle of Summer, clouds are sparse and the temperature is pleasant.
Our four heroes have been hired by a band of mercenaries to assist them in an expedition.
Apparently, there's an object, known only as "The Idol", inside a cave just West of Burrum, in the heart of the forest.
We look on now as the band arrives at the cave, dozens of men ready up their weapons and armour.
As the four PC's ready up to enter, the Lieutenant stops them. "Stay here, watch the horses and the carts. Don't worry, you'll still get your pay."
The rest of the band moves in, sounds of battle echo through the cave, battle cries, screams, metal hitting metal, roars of creatures.
For a while, all goes quiet.
Faint voices can be heard in the distance, they draw closer and closer.
Eventually, screams of horror echo from the cave mouth, blood-curdling screeches that abruptly end and cries for help.
A single man, one recognisable from the trip runs out, clutching a metallic object to his chest, he huffs and puffs, looking back in fear to see if whatever is in the cave is still chasing him.
He stumbles, the object flung from his grasp and rolling to a stop near Grav.
The man reaches a hand out to Siradius and says "Undead... run!"
As he finishes his sentence he looks back and screeches as a skeleton shambles out in a sprint and jumps on top of the man, sliding a blade right through his chest.
The skeleton stands up and takes a step back. The mans body takes a moment to rest then begins shaking violently before the bones of his body burst out of their flesh, leaving a limp pile on the ground, the newly risen skeleton grabbing his weapons.
Over a dozen more skeletons are slowly shambling out of the cave, behind them, a figure in black robes with a white, glowing mask stalks slowly forward.

The object lies within 20 feet of Grav and 40 feet of anyone else. Everyone has a horse within 30ft of themselves, a cart sits within 15 feet of Liu Yang, two horses tied to it.
There's roughly 18 skeletons plus the man in black and four of the band remains.
They stand in the middle of a forest, they are aware of the way back as it is mostly a dirt path.
There's a town not far from here, Burrum.
What do our adventurers do?

You don't have to already be a group of four friends, but you probably know of each other and MIGHT know each others names after travelling together on this trip. You may discuss in the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?584858-Arremba-OOC) thread any former connections if you wish.

Lank
2019-04-03, 05:59 AM
Siradius was visibly unsettled by the noise coming from the cave. The more observant folks might have noticed him eyeing his horse every now and then.

When the man reaches out to him he shys away. "Ah don't touch me!" He blurts out in a panic.

The scene of the skeleton makes Siradius vomit in his mouth. But he quickly rushes back and mounts his horse.
"Run for your lives!" he screams.

YoFizz
2019-04-03, 11:13 AM
"OH! HELLO!" *under his breath*oh boy this is... "Um, we don't wish to stand in your way, I think that thingy you want is right over there. and um, boy, Do you have a name?" The tiefling asks nervously.

Hemnon
2019-04-03, 03:43 PM
Liu Yang

As Liu saw the walking dead, his mind harken'd back to the ancient mummification rituals of his own people, entombment of great Emperors, heroes of old buried to rise again should the Empire ever face dire circumstances.
But... these things, there were nothing like those honored dead. They were malevolently-reanimated monsters!

He turned to his fellow travel-companions, having only recently arrived to the mainland, a stranger to these lands, having taken this job only to ensure he could traverse with local currency beyond what he had been given by his Monastic Order upon him leaving the Jade Island.
The fear, shunted and controlled could be seen in his expression as he opened his mouth, accent deep by cleanly understood as common: "Everyone, Run! I'll cover the rear. He stated knowing he had no skill in riding a horse, nor drive a cart. So he left that to the others and would make sure they could flee before those skeletons would overwhelm them all. His fair eastern-bronzed skin, dirty-blonde hair and gold-flecked blue eyes was screaming the need for everyone to just do as he had said.
should someone take the reigns of the horse-driven cart, he'd just in the rear of it and ride along, otherwise he'd go on foot if need be.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-04, 11:51 AM
Grav

Grav was happy to stay behind with the horse, least until the screaming started. Watching the skeleton rise up out of the poor man's body was horrifying. "What the hells is that?!". Grav had of course heard of undead but nothing quite prepared him for this.

Grav cocked his head at the Tiefling in disbelief. He closed his gaping mouth.

"I'm definitely going to regret this."

Grav runs forward and tries to grab up the idol and rush back to his horse.

YoFizz
2019-04-04, 12:59 PM
"Oh. We're doing this"

Richard casts Thaumaturgy to cause tremors in the ground ahead of the idol on the skeletons and big bad guy to hopefully allow a couple seconds extra for Grav to grab and go.

Mada
2019-04-04, 04:53 PM
Grav can certainly grab the Idol and mount a horse before anyone gets to him.

The man-in-black walks forward, slowly, pointing his finger at the group, ignoring Richard's question.

Liu-Yang will note that there's plenty of time for him and the others to run away without him fighting. (He will also be able to ride a horse proficiently enough to get out, assuming there's no complications on the ride.)

Siradius begins to ride off down the path, away from the group, Grav follows closely behind in pursuit.

The skeletons begin to shamble forth in a wave of bones and blades, closing the distance slightly.

YoFizz
2019-04-05, 10:10 AM
Richard gets to a horse and gets the heck out of there as quickly as possible

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-05, 10:24 AM
Grav

"Sorry guys, I dunno what this thing does but if that guy wants it I don't think he should have it." Grav blurted out. He tries not to think about his bones separating from his body too much.

Hemnon
2019-04-05, 05:14 PM
Liu Yang

Liu knew that he'd be able to ride a horse casually, but he had no skill in more than a lazy trot. So if possible, I'd rather choose to take the wagon with someone else taking the reigns. He'd never trained in horse riding, much less wagon-control.
So once everyone was ready, he'd take himself up into the back of said wagon and ensure a smooth retreat by making sure no horrid undead would claw itself into the wagon from the rear.

Mada
2019-04-05, 06:03 PM
Richard sees a wagon horse and jumps on, Liu Yang at his back. If the group is just trying to create as much distance as possible, they can make it completely out of the forest, switching between various riding speeds based on terrain difficulties, in about two hours.

It's a full days journey from the edge of the forest to the nearest town of Burrum, and it is the closest settlement. The group wouldn't arrive until dawn the next day without a rest stop, the horses may not appreciate that.

To the north and west there are mountains past a travel road, but the nearest town is about 4 days away.

To the south-east there's a small village between 2-3 days ride away.

You haven't seen the skeletons since the cave went out of view. You aren't sure how far behind you they are or if they're even following you.

It's currently about 11am.

Feel free to discuss (in character) among yourselves the next course of action, when you come to an consensus we'll move on.

Lank
2019-04-05, 09:39 PM
Despite his cowardice Siradius did genuinely care about the survival of the town. "Maybe we should ditch the horses so they can't track us".

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-05, 11:22 PM
Grav

"Well the only thing I know of within miles is that small town. Not sure you need to be a good tracker to find it. Not having the horses would slow us down tremendously. Undead don't really get tired, they would probably catch us in the night and kill us. Even worse, maybe the undead find the horses, kill them and use them as mounts. I think we need to make a run for the village, trade our horses in for fresh ones. Warn them to get out of town and head to the city. Perhaps in that order otherwise we may not be able to trade or buy fresh horses." Grav suggested sheepishly.

Grav felt bad about possibly leaving some town folk in a lurch but figured keeping the idol safe was probably more important. "Hopefully we can draw the danger away from the town with this idol thing. I hope it was worth all those lives" he says grimly.

"Any of you know what this is?"

Do we know why the mercenaries wanted the idol ? Were they hired to retrieve it or is all this unknown ? Should we be taking it someplace ?

Mada
2019-04-05, 11:31 PM
The Job:

You were all hired from similar or various different locations between Hulm and Burrum (https://sites.google.com/site/arrembadnd/home/the-world/continents/the-provincial-kingdom/countries/galian). You don't know what the Idol is for, but it's desired by a baroness named Helena, who is a high-elf noble woman residing in Hulm.
You were promised your fair share of the pot of 5000gp, divided among the entire group upon delivery of the idol to Helena. The group was roughly 100 people going into the cave and is now 4.
None of you have met Helena, your closest contact being her Lieutenant who told you to watch the horses.

The Location:
You are currently at that edge of the patch of trees just left of Burrum.

The Idol:
What you presume is the Idol is a large metal egg-shaped object about 23cm (9 inches) in height and 15cm (6 inches) across. The metal is smooth except for some engravings written in a language none of you understand and an open cut toothy mouth and eyes on one side of the object. The engravings are near the top and bottom of the idol and appear to be a spiralling text. The object appears to be hollow, as observed through the mouth and eye holes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SKyJOBAezvOl8CVOaLDYDxt9hOreKuIa

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-06, 01:03 AM
OOC:

Opps according to the map the village is in the opposite direction of the large town. I guess we need to choose one or the other.

Looking at the idol, it screams 'I'm evil' - no way I'm giving that back.

Hemnon
2019-04-06, 06:44 AM
Liu Yang

While the others were verbally discussing the whole deal with the odd idol, the sudden skeletons, and what to do next, Liu Yang sat in meditation, lotus-style with knuckles-against-knuckles in a very calm and relaxed stance. It was clear he was listening to everyone, but some might think it an odd thing to do. However it's part of his culture to do this both when in deep thought, as well as part of his training.
Right now he was trying to get into contact with his Celestial Guide, wishing to converse, ask question of guidance, etc.
Liu was still a bit stuck in the mindset of 'let those of superior standing command the path', hence why he was trying to ask the celestial guide who's been with him since, well, birth.

Lank
2019-04-06, 07:26 AM
"Maybe we should just dump the idol on the Baroness. Make it and the undead her problem. We all get paid and we can put all this undead nonsense behind us?" Siradius was a coward but he wasn't that detached.
"No, ignore the second bit. Maybe the Baroness can help us deal with the undead. If all our companions are now walking skeletons it should fall to us to set it right". Siradius says with a bit more gusto. If one hadn't of seen him cower from the fight against the undead one might mistake him for a brave soul in that instant.
Siradius is intentionally avoiding the topic of his craven nature.

Mada
2019-04-07, 05:46 AM
This is an open character interaction, do not feel you need to wait turns or anything, if you have something to say to other characters, please feel free and post "out of turn"

YoFizz
2019-04-07, 02:06 PM
”I think we should finish out our quest. Surely, they knew the danger this... thing would bring. They didn’t send that many men for fun. Let’s get this into the right hands and go from there.”

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-07, 03:48 PM
Grav

"Well those would be the paying hands. Who knows if they are the right hands." Grav adds. "I think that might be the best course of action."

YoFizz
2019-04-07, 04:33 PM
”I think that any hands that are not ours and not whomever that was... is probably at least the better hands.”

Hemnon
2019-04-07, 07:18 PM
Liu Yang

Liu joined in a little into the conversation, having had no luck in contacting his Celestial Guide, what with being an Aasimar and all.
"I know I am new to these lands, but if we have taken a contract, we should finish it as per the stipulated agreement. Anything other would be loss of personal integrity." He said and looked to each of his companions, as if to say: It's either that, or you leave with no idol in hand.

Mada
2019-04-07, 11:11 PM
Yang doesn't get a response from his guide at this time, he can find the relationship to be a bit unpredictable. The spirit will come to him either at random times or only in situations of dire need. Perhaps he can take some comfort in his spirit finding no urgency in his current situation.

I take it you'll be heading in to Burrum for the time being. The trip is uneventful and long. The group travel across open fields and planes, seeing the occasional hint of wildlife in a horse or some rabbits as you go. Even looking back and keeping an eye out for undead or robed men, you don't see any sentient life besides yourself for the trip.
It's getting about time to set up camp before you see the wooden palisade surrounding the town closing in. By pushing on for an extra hour or two, you arrive at around 10PM in the town, rather late in these days but not ungodly. A human guardsman spots them as they approach and demands to know their business. It won't take much convincing to let him know you're just travellers looking for a place to stay and get him to open the gate. He points you down a large road and tells you the Morning Star Inn should have some vacancies and is a travellers favourite in the town.

Please let me know if you wish to tell him anything regarding your encounter.

You've all been here before as it was where the expedition took off from before approaching the cave a day before. Burrum is a small-ish town with a population roughly in the 2000's It's a predominantly human city and mostly contains Augun Races (https://sites.google.com/site/arrembadnd/home/the-world/politics-lifestyles/the-augun-races) but isn't exclusive of other kind. Of the 2000, about 100-150 would be dwarves, halflings and half-elves, with a few other more exotic races here and there. There's a river than runs from North to South-East on the eastern side of town and three gates, north, west and south. Our party has entered through the south gate.

Lank
2019-04-08, 12:01 AM
As the group approach Siradius whispers to the group.
"We shouldn't tell them about the undead. We could start a panic and gods forbid these folks start getting ideas and kill us for our involvement."

Siradius sighs. He knows all to well of the terrible decisions people make when part of large groups.

Hemnon
2019-04-08, 04:52 AM
Liu Yang

Liu nodded in agreement with Siradius. "Truely, I agree upon this. This is a need to know thing. Panic is the last thing we'd wish for." Liu said with a calm, quiet tone.

YoFizz
2019-04-08, 10:37 AM
Richard

Richard shifts his hood up knowing not many teiflings are around these parts and doesn't want to attract extra attention. "Right. We only talk about this behind closed doors, lets get a room get a good night in and leave early." he whispered.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-08, 11:57 AM
Grav

Grav doesn't say anything to the guard beyond nodding his head in greeting.

"Well I think we should mention something as we leave. I don't like the idea of letting them find out on their own the hard way." Grav says cryptically. Grav keeps his eye out for the Inn. "I need food and a little ale and a warm bed."

Mada
2019-04-09, 02:18 AM
With that, the four enter the town. They head towards the morning star inn, once inside they smell a faint odour of cooked food, spilled alcohol and what might be vomit.

Behind the bar is a middle-aged woman with firey red hair. She's cleaning glasses with two muscular arms and a smile on her face.
It's rather quiet, it's a work night and most of the town is asleep. Theres a few tables occupied by some people having drinks. The majority of the room is human, you see a halfling, a gnome and a tiefling mixed in. The tiefling is with a table of four other humans having a quiet chat, smiles on their faces.

The woman pipes up "Evening! Just a room, or a drink too?" she seems very welcoming in her tone, her smile remains and she looks eager to accomodate you.

YoFizz
2019-04-09, 11:33 AM
Richard walks up to the tiefling sitting with the humans, "Looks like you are all having a good night, mind if I join ya?"

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-09, 12:21 PM
Grav

"Both sound good. Maybe even some food if you have, bread or otherwise. If not that is fine too." Grav answers the innkeeper.

"Going to be an early morning tomorrow. We need to hit the road." Grav says to the others.

Mada
2019-04-09, 08:07 PM
Richard
The group look up to Richard and their smiles from their conversation follow to him. "We don't mind, if you have a decent story to tell." One of the men pipe up. Two of them scoot their chairs to the side and point to another on a table adjacent.

Grav
She nods and runs out the back, bringing a plate of bread, cheese and what looks to be some left over roast meat from the kitchen. "Meat was cooked for the dinner rush, but it's still good." She'll also bring him a drink of his choice and says for that, including the night, will be 3 silver.

All
The barkeep looks around and asks any who's listening "What brings you to town so late?"

Lank
2019-04-10, 02:44 AM
Seeing another Tiefling in the bar made Siradius a little more confident in engaging with the people here.
Siradius smiles at the bar keep. "We just finished a job out of town. Didn't want to rough it camping again so we rode extra hard to get a warm bed for the night".

[roll0]

"How about a meal?".

YoFizz
2019-04-10, 10:54 AM
"A decent story to tell..." He ponders, "Well, I'm a new adventurer and I didn't start my life in this body. Is that a good story?" He sits next to everyone.

"I used to have a human body and now I look like this. I don't completely understand it, but seeing another in this bar... I felt the urge to meet you. And this is kind of embarrassing but I know magic now...” he uses shape water to make one of the humans drink spike up out of the glass and whip around then makes sure to get every drop back in the glass.

”...and I am no longer human and the name Richard just doesn't seem to fit a fella looking like me... I was wondering if I could ask your name?"

Hemnon
2019-04-10, 11:41 AM
Liu Yang

Liu sat down on a chair, hands in his lap, eyes calming scanning the room. He does not seem to be willing to speak up if not needed, both due to him being a stranger to these lands (which was rather clear, visibly speaking as well as his clothing style). It was much better to sit, observe and refrain from overdoing it in terms of attracting attention.

Mada
2019-04-11, 07:49 AM
Siradius is given a nod from the woman and she heads out the back again. She brings the same meal she gave to Grav to him and says, "Fancy a drink with that?". If he declines, the meal and the room will be 2 silver 6 bronze, or with a drink it'll come to 3 silver.

The table looks on as Richard plays with the drink and gives a slight mumble that might be filling in as quiet applause.
"That's interesting, the tiefling at the table leans forward, "I've never heard of a tiefling who wasn't born as one, it must've been a harrowing experience for a time." he leans back in his chair and takes a drink. "My name is Craft, because it is what I do and what I love. I'm proud of my creations and they are my life. What is your life, Richard? What are you proud of?"

After dealing with Siradius, the fiery haired woman will wander over to Liu and give him a firm touch on the shoulder. "Anything I can get you, love? Room? Food? Drink?"

Grav finds the meal satisfying and filling. His drink is standard for the price he got it for.

YoFizz
2019-04-11, 12:04 PM
“Interesting. I know my situation is unique. Sometimes I feel lost in this new form. And I don’t know... have you ever met another like us called Richard?”

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-11, 12:15 PM
Grav

Grav pays and takes another look around. Satisfied there were no threats. "I'll be back in a minute." Grav leaves the inn and makes sure the horses are calm and have water. "Hey fellows how you doing?" he asks the horses. He brushes a couple of them before returning to the inn to retire for the night.

Mada
2019-04-12, 03:08 AM
"Perhaps not Richard, but plenty of us have names from our heritage." Craft responds before one of his table mates pipes up:
"You're a traveler aren't you? You could call yourself something like Vagabond!" He seems excited by the prospect.
"There's nothing wrong with Richard though..." another mumbles as he raises his mug to his lips.

The horses seem to appreciate Grav's love. They're very tired and a bit worn out from being ridden for so long. If you'd like, make an animal handling roll for me.

I prefer when rolls are made in the IC thread.

Lank
2019-04-12, 03:26 AM
"No drink for me thanks, got to hit the hay early tonight. Big ride tomorrow, want all my senses with me".

Siradious smiles and hands over the coins.

Siradius mostly sits on his own. As a Tiefling he knew it was generally better for everyone if he kepts his head down and eyes front.

YoFizz
2019-04-12, 11:12 AM
”Maybe Bloodbringer...”
Ooc: is blood magic like mine normal in this world?

Mada
2019-04-12, 11:52 PM
The Morning Star Inn
Burrum - 20-05-51 - 10:15pm

Bloodbringer gets a mixed reception from his table-mates. Craft raises an eyebrow, the man who suggested "Vagabond" looks excited by it, another looks indifferent and one of the men look uncomfortable hearing it. "It does sound a little... malicious? It depends on what feeling you want to impose with your new name, Richard."

Siradius has his privacy respected for the most past, after a few minutes of taking and delivering Liu's order, the barkeep comes back and talks to him while cleaning a nearby table. "Exciting job? Wasn't aware there was much going around these parts, except for that band of mercenaries that passed through recently."

Blood Magic
The art of using your life force as arcane substance is frowned upon in communities that regard life highly. It's not common, nor is it documented to much of an extent. Any looking into his nature would've mostly brought up stories of blood rituals and necromancy, not quite like what Richard is capable of. However, he doesn't know the full extent of his powers yet. Perhaps it had something to do with his tiefling transformation that made his magic this way.

Sort answer: No. It is not common.

Story Time!
I have some homework for you guys!
You don't have to do it but those who do will have some bonuses further down the line as a reward for their input.
I just want a single story of a defining moment of your character. It can be the reason for a personality trait, the catalyst to your characters adventuring life, anything.
Preferably there needs to be some external character, place, or object that is a fairly big part of the story.
Doesn't have to be that long, it can be dot points, it can be fully written, whatever.
You can use current provided content or write your own things. However keep it vague... if you're making a new town just give it a name and a country it's in.
You can PM it to me or post it in the OOC, you don't have to do it all at once. I'm happy to help you with any ideas!
Just something to give each of your characters something extra to go on. It doesn't have to have a big impact on their daily life though.
There's also no time limit, so get to it when you're able to.
Hope this is fun and not tedious.

Lank
2019-04-14, 03:15 AM
"Truth is, there is not a lot of work around here. We were with those mercs and now we are not". Siradius gazes off into space, remembering the scene earlier in the day vividly.
"That's behind us now, onwards and upwards I suppose".

YoFizz
2019-04-18, 01:58 PM
Richard Bloodbringer
Story time:

feeling lost, scared, about his transformation and new abilities
feeling lack of belonging to groups
looking for an identiy to fit his new life and if he can reconcile what that might be
feeling alone
looking for ways to cope
a strong desire to do good things but conflicted by how people see him both as a teifling and a blood magic user
a desire to show none of these traits, or weakness, deflecting real feelings with humor or avoidance

YoFizz
2019-04-18, 06:21 PM
"Well, its the kind of magic I do. Again you guys like stories. I seem to draw upon life force and blood for my arcane abilities. I'm still very much learning."

He starts to shift uneasily in his seat.

Mada
2019-04-18, 10:00 PM
The Morning Star Inn
The woman nods and looks at Siradius "Kicked you out, did they? That can be rough. What about your payday?"

There's another uncomfortable shift and for half a second there's a scrape of wood on wood as one of the group shifts their chair an inch backwards away from Richard.
Craft continues to be the talker for the group and continues to talk, his tone more cautious now. "You... use blood for magic?"

YoFizz
2019-04-18, 10:21 PM
“Oh uh, please forgive me. Is that bad? I — uh, like I said... I didn’t chose this life. This form. This magic. It all happened to me. I was just a regular person before. Please, please, don’t be afraid.”

Lank
2019-04-18, 10:59 PM
"Pay day will have to wait I suppose". Siradius smiles lightly but clearly doesn't want to reveal too much to avoid having to tempt fate and lie further.

Mada
2019-04-20, 08:31 PM
The Morning Star Inn
There's an odd air about the conversation now, there's uncertainty but not fear. If there's nothing else, the conversation will go back to regular topics and casual story sharing.

Unless there's anything anyone else wants to do, we'll move on to tomorrow.

YoFizz
2019-04-21, 02:26 AM
Richard just sits back and listens to the stories while nursing one drink all night with his cloak up.

Hemnon
2019-04-21, 08:02 AM
Liu Yang

Liu had nothing to add himself, conversationally-wise, so he just did the practical thing of remaining quiet and observant at the table.

Mada
2019-04-22, 05:13 AM
The Morning Star Inn
The next day the four arise from their slumber and meet up in the tavern area of the inn.

What's the next course of action?

Lank
2019-04-22, 07:47 AM
"Rise and shine friends. We have a lot of ground to cover today. Let's eat and head out". Siradius says in a happy tone.

Hemnon
2019-04-22, 10:26 AM
Liu Yang

Liu was sitting down in the tavern main area early on, after having done his morning meditations to steel the mind and prepare for the hardships of today.
"Pardon, can I have today's Breakfast, please?" The Monk called out to the tavern-owner the moment said owner was in view to be called out to.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-22, 12:25 PM
Grav

Grav rises early and finds himself starving. It had been a stressful day yesterday. Grav goes out of his way to refill his waterskin. Before leaving his room, he casts a quick spell and pops a berry in his mouth and stuffs one more into his pack, wrapped in some clothes. Coming downstairs he presents 2 berries to his companions to keep for later. "These can heal minor injuries, just in case I'm not ... around."

Grav skips breakfast and helps prep the horses.

Grav cast Goodberry and eats one for his days meal and give 2 each to everyone else in case they need healing (or food)

Mada
2019-04-25, 08:14 AM
The Morning Star Inn
The fiery-haired woman pops her head around and smiles to Liu Yang. "Sure thing lovely! What are you eating?"

The tavern is rather quiet and the three will find themselves the only members.

All the characters have gained a Long Rest's worth of benefits including healing.

If he had slots free, you may choose to have Grav cast goodberry last night.

YoFizz
2019-04-25, 11:52 AM
Bloodbringer

Richard finishes up his meal and says to the rest. “We shouldn’t be too leisurely. We have to get a move on.”

Hemnon
2019-04-25, 05:47 PM
Liu Yang

Liu looked upon the Red-headed lady with a thoughtful and relaxed expression. "Good question, hmmm... Do you serve a mix of oats and dairy milk? I do not expect you to serve Rice with fermented beans and light fruit salads. So Oats in Dairy Milk, in a bowl will be fine. A bit of apple or other such fruit can be added in as well, if possible." Liu said and it was quite clear he wasn't kidding about the concept of 'fermented beans'.

Lank
2019-04-26, 05:35 AM
Siradius is never one to linger in any place for too long. Even after just one night the confines of the inn were making him a bit stir crazy. He eats breakfast silently.
"I'll go ready the horses and meet you all out the front. We have a long ride ahead of us".

YoFizz
2019-04-26, 11:02 PM
Bloodbringer

"Yes, yes... I'll go make sure they're ready." Richard goes to get the horses from the stable and see to it they are fit for travel.

Mada
2019-04-27, 07:00 AM
The Morning Star Inn
The woman goes to get a bowl of oats and milk from the back and comes back quite promptly.
To those going out to the stable, they seem quite well rested, especially after Grav's attention paid to them last night.
They will be ready to ride in a matter of minutes.
Is there anything you'd like to do before leaving town?

Make a perception check for when you go on your way.

YoFizz
2019-04-27, 06:20 PM
Bloodbringer

Richard really wants to get out of dodge with that very scary person looking for the item they now have. He shouts into the in.
“Horses are ready let’s go!”
And goes back outside and waits for the others

Perception [roll0]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-27, 06:32 PM
Grav

As Grav was gathering the last of his things he gets the attention of the inn keeper. " Its possible someone may come looking for us after we leave. I think those mercenaries stirred up some trouble. It might be best to leave town for a few days. He is likely dangerous and angry. I think it might be wise for everyone to leave now that I think about it."

Perception:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lank
2019-04-28, 04:30 AM
Siradius mounts his horse and is ready for whatever is ahead.

[roll0]

Hemnon
2019-04-28, 02:32 PM
Liu Yang

Liu finished his breakfast and then joined the others outside with the horses.

Why not just use our Passive Perception?

anyways:
[roll0]

Mada
2019-04-28, 07:28 PM
Streets of Burrum

Does anyone have anywhere else they want to go before leaving?

As they pass through town, Siradius notices there's four men in green cloaks who appear to be slowly tailing them on food through the streets. They aren't hiding, but they're doing a very good job of remaining casual and making the similar path look incidental.

Nobody has a passive perception of 15.

Lank
2019-04-29, 02:45 AM
Siradius works his way into the middle of his party.
"We are being followed, don't look all at once dammit". Siradius whispers to the group."Green cloaks, we should all go on a strange route, see if it is just a coincidence or if they are indeed on our tail".

YoFizz
2019-04-29, 10:54 AM
Bloodbringer

“We could go off trail and hide set up an ambush.”

Hemnon
2019-04-29, 07:16 PM
Liu Yang

Liu looked to Siradius and gave a barely-noticable nod. "You have sharp eyes my friend. Had you been born in the Jade Island Empire, you would have made an excellent 'Huassassin', or scout." He said with that oriental-accented way of speech he always had.
"I would advise us to stay our hands of violence, unless it is absolutely needed. Needless Violence causes naught by trouble and more needless violence in return. It is the way of Karma, the balance of all." Liu Yang added in, not really noticing he was droning on a little about 'karma' and 'the way of things' and all that.

Out of curiousity, and because it'd make a cool flair form when Liu Yang fights, if my character casts light on his own hands before combat, will you allow it to remain on both his hands, rather than on just a singular one? It's merely for flair and when there is the chance and 'ceremonial need' for it.
Mean to be cool, not to give advantages or anything like that. call it how he also channels his Ki when tapping into his Celestial heritage, or whatnot.

Lank
2019-04-29, 09:35 PM
"I don't know what a huassassin is but thank you" Siradius smiles.
"One tends to develop sharp senses when one is such an avid self preservation enthusiast such as I".

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-04-30, 01:12 AM
Grav

Grav sniffs at the air. "Splitting up might not be the best idea. All four could start following one of us and that could invite trouble. It might be best to confront them now, while in a town where a guardsman or miltia man might help us if there is trouble. Or just get on our horses and leave them in the dust."

"Balance and harmony are all wonderful things Liu. I do find that somewhat appealing. Though not always directly practical when an army is breathing down your neck or robbers? assassins?" Grav wasn't sure what the four men were and found himself not really wanting to know.

Grav waited to see if someone else would make a decision.

Mada
2019-04-30, 05:42 AM
Streets of Burrum
The followers keep their distance, they don't seem to have noticed that they've been noticed.

I don't see a problem, I'll simply consider it a single light source centred on the character himself.

Hemnon
2019-04-30, 09:18 AM
Liu Yang

"One who is skilled at finding the best way to kill someone, without being noticed, while able to notice when best to strike." Liu replied back to Siradius.

YoFizz
2019-04-30, 01:33 PM
whats the plan gentlemen? I can do some tricks to distract them or do we just full stop and talk to them?

Lank
2019-05-01, 06:18 AM
"Let's find somewhere a bit more secluded. If they follow us I would rather use words to find their intentions".

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-05-02, 03:24 AM
Grav

Grav shrugs. "I doubt given our luck they are up to any good but lets try it your way and find a quieter spot. We probably don't want to get delayed too much."

Mada
2019-05-02, 07:42 AM
Streets of Burrum - Alleyway
As the four duck into an alleyway for some privacy. The four men in green come around the corner, stopping for a moment in surprise and then slowly approaching forward.
"Do you have the idol?" the man at the front says as they get closer. They show no sight of aggression or threat but they are armed.

YoFizz
2019-05-02, 11:14 AM
”who are you? What idol? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Deception: [roll0]

Lank
2019-05-03, 10:32 PM
Siradius hangs at the back of the party. He has a face that looks as though he is wincing in preparation for being slapped in the face. A loud noise would probably make him cower in fear.

Mada
2019-05-04, 06:25 AM

The four men look at each other with perplexed gazes.
"The band of merc's left looking for the idol... you were the only three to come back. You must have it...?"
There's a heavy tone of doubt at his own conclusion coming from the leaders words. You appear to have thrown him.

YoFizz
2019-05-04, 04:59 PM
“Who even are you? What gives you the right to follow the four of us? We haven’t got the time for some creeps in green tailing ya while we try to mind our own business.”

Lank
2019-05-04, 06:22 PM
"Yeah, what he said. Leave us alone creeps". Siradius says with a trembling voice.

Mada
2019-05-05, 12:27 AM
The four look at each other again and three of them start walking away. The last stays for a moment, walking backwards slowly but still looking at the group.
"Look, if you've got it, make sure you get it back to Helena. That's all we came to check."
With that he takes off.

YoFizz
2019-05-06, 12:07 PM
Bloodbringer

Richard shouts, "You never said who you are!"

Lank
2019-05-06, 05:09 PM
"Don't worry about those jerks Richard. We will just have to sleep with one eye open until we get to our destination".

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-05-06, 07:26 PM
Grav

"Let's keep moving." Grav suggests. He goes out of his way not to say anything else in case of prying ears/eyes.

Mada
2019-05-07, 05:01 AM
On the Road
Liu Yang nods slowly. "I agree, we should keep moving but stay alert."

The trip remains uneventful for the rest of the day. It's a four day trip to Hulm with a stop off at Inker at the end of the second day.
It's a three hour detour but it's definitely favourable to sleeping on the ground another night.

What's the system for sleeping in the wilderness?

YoFizz
2019-05-07, 12:30 PM
Bloodbringer

"I can take first watch, if I need to wake you I will use thaumaturgy to make a loud noise."

Lank
2019-05-07, 06:41 PM
"I would like a proper rest.
Riding a horse all day is chafing".

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-05-08, 06:18 PM
Grav

"I guess I'll take last watch. Hopefully I wake up on my own since there isn't a third watch to wake me. I would hate to interfere with Siradius's chaffed bum. Hopefully a small army of undead skeletons doesn't jump us in the night and butcher us all. But nothing we could do about that. Siradius needs their beauty sleep." Grav says with significant amounts of sass. He rolls his eyes and lets the conversation drop either way. "if we die we die such is nature's balance" He shrugs.

Grav will continue to cast good berry every day - and distribute the berries evenly (even giving some to Siradius). This should keep everyone fed and leave something for emergency healing.

Mada
2019-05-08, 06:28 PM
Resting
For everyone to get a full nights rest, which according to the PHB requires 6 hours sleep, four people need to take two hour watches each.

First watch stays up late and gets 6 hours straight.
Second watch gets two hours then four hours.
Third watch gets Four hours then two hours.
Last watch gets six hours then stays up until it's time to go.

If Siradius wants an uninterrupted rest, perhaps he can be given the last watch.

On the Road
Liu Yang offers to take the second watch.
Can everyone make a perception check to see how alert they are on watch. (Passive perceptions will be regarded, also.)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mada
2019-05-08, 06:40 PM
During the Night - Liu Yang's Vision
Regardless of what happens, while he sleeps, Liu Yang has this vision.

The image of his Guardian stands before him, hand outstretched, offering for Wu Yin to take it.
As he touches the hand, he feels an intense pulling motion and is flung through the air above the land the currently resides in.
He feels his body accelerate and fly, tumbling and turning, his stomach churns at the feeling of such extreme speed.
Yin zooms so rapidly into different locations, he gets lost and cannot know where they are, he eyes are drawn to these sightings:

A great knight with a giant club
A temple that sits atop a grand waterfall.
A Firey Man who stands atop a tower, a portal of darkness behind him.
Four Halflings, all with grand weaponry laughing around a table.
A blue, vibrant Vault that Sits behind a White Dragon.
A beautiful shield tied to the back of an old man.
An orc pulling an axe out of the back of a giant beast.
A glowing green stone that sits locked away in a dark room.
A large castle that stands above a foggy forest.
A Sceptre sealed away in the ice of a glacier.
A mask that shows only the wearers left eye, worn by a dwarf
A red, rune covered cloak and a silver Circlet on a coat hanger.
An amulet deep beneath the seas.
A crystal eye, floating above a statue.
A pair of earrings worn by a man in green robes
A small flame inside a box in the depths of the underdark
A small group of humanoids in black clothes with pale white masks
A band of four knights, the front-most in black armour.
A large gathering of magic users in dark blue robes.
A group of four humanoids of different races, travelling down a road together.

The vision then cuts to black, then out of the darkness shines a golden image of four circles, each containing different symbols.

https://sites.google.com/site/arrembadnd/_/rsrc/1554118714840/home/gallery/ballarat-group-gallery/god-circle-diagram/GodsOfHokepPokey1.gif

The background changes from black to a grey and white, it zooms back to Yin's point of view on top of a mountain, he’s surrounded by the Siradius, Grav and Bloodbringer. He and they are facing an unknown, smokey black visage who stands at the centre of the circles. Their weapons are drawn, a flash of light comes from the smokey visage and Yang wakes up.

Lank
2019-05-09, 07:30 AM
Siradius shys away after his well deserved tongue lashing. He doesn't have anything witty to say but he will approach the person on third watch and request to be woken up to take last watch. It is a move spurned by a mix of cowardice and some guilt. Also he too would not like to be eaten by undead during the early hours of the morning.

YoFizz
2019-05-09, 10:15 AM
Bloodbringer

Perception: [roll0]

YoFizz
2019-05-09, 10:17 AM
Bloodbringer

Perception: [roll0]

had to check I was using the roller right after this one. Lucky boy I am I guess lol

Mada
2019-05-14, 10:58 PM
In the Night - North of Burrum
After Grav goes to bed and Siradius starts his watch, within the next half hour, he hears a rustling that is coming from Grav's bags.

Lank
2019-05-16, 08:54 PM
Siradius inches towards the bag. He prods Grav on the face with his foot. "Wake up, something is moving in there" he whispers cautiously.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-05-17, 12:34 AM
Grav

Grav was having one of his favorite dreams. Running through a meadow chasing a forest nymph through the long grass. Giggling and laughing as he catches up to her. They tumble to the ground beneath a large oak and off in the distance a brook babbles. They tickle each other for a moment and then giggle and sigh like lovers. The nymph rolls over on top of Grav and smiles. She punches him in the face, twice hard. "Grav wake up!" She punches him again and her face morphs into a monster that looks like Siradius.

"gah!" Grav wakes up with start staring up at Siradius's foot. He rubs his face. "The nine hells ..." he mutters. Grav turns and see his bag moving slightly. "Hmm." He stands up. "Maybe a rabbit" he suggests in a doubtful whisper.

Grav stays away from the bag and goes over to Liu Yang.

He prods Liu Yang on the face with his foot. "Wake up, something is moving in there" he whispers cautiously

Hemnon
2019-05-17, 08:27 AM
Liu Yang

With a mild stirr, Liu Yang woke up, giving Grav a mildly sour look before shaking his head clear of his rather odd dream.... or shall we say, his visions.
"Mmmh.... yes? what is it?" Liu asked with a low, subtle voice.

Mada
2019-05-18, 09:13 PM

From Grav's bag, the idol floats out, seemingly lifting itself.
The idol starts to travel away, a slight bounce in its movements as it goes along the road.
It's floating about 3ft above the air.

Lank
2019-05-19, 09:24 PM
"Oh no you don't!" Siradius yells as he runs after it and attempts to jump on it.

Hemnon
2019-05-20, 01:48 AM
Liu Yang

Still tired and wishing for more sleep, Liu Yang just sorta... stared at that floaty-away bag for a little bit before sighing. "Go after it... I'll keep watch here." He told Siradius and got to his feet, stretching his back a little and began to go to different martial arts exercise positions to wake up the body a little further.

Mada
2019-05-21, 06:13 AM
Though Siradius doesn't quite get a hold of the idol - it seems to yank away as he leaps after it. He crashes to the ground and grabs hold of something in front of him.
A grunt proceeds a male voice that yells: "Oi, gerroff! Help! They got me!"

An arrow flies loose and whistles over Siradius' head.

Roll initiative.

YoFizz
2019-05-21, 04:06 PM
[roll0] i'm assuming i'm asleep though still, unless all the hoopla woke me up.

Mada
2019-05-26, 06:06 AM
On the Road

It's dark, but I assume there's a fire, there's a faint outline of two figures by a boulder on the other side of the road, for those who have adequate darkvision.

If anyone has any recommendations about how to use this effectively, please let me know. Otherwise I might just use these coloured squares and you can give me X Y coordinates for movement. Colours based on your talking colour. From left to right it currently stands: Bloodbringer, Liu Yang, Grav, Siradius, Idol, two by the boulder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oVMDZZ2bnO8MVqcnu1zJaVkmSq4i-VIk

Please declare actions.

If Liu and Bloodbringer want to roleplay missing a turn that's up to you.

Lank
2019-05-26, 06:57 AM
"Hey! We were trying to sleep over here! Perhaps you should join us."
Siradius clutches his casting orb. He whispers an incantation in Infernal before black mist emits from the orb.

Siradius is casting Sleep. Both enemies are in range. [roll0]

Hemnon
2019-05-26, 08:23 AM
Liu Yang

Liu halted his stretch exercises and turned to look at Grav, rather confused as to what he's doing... until that voice came and to which Liu quickly jocked over to Grav, available to help if need be.

"What in the name of the Jade Emperor...." Liu muttered upon seeing the not-visible struggle of Grav and.... 'something' struggling with the backpack.

(Just gonna be skipping initial turn)

YoFizz
2019-05-28, 06:21 PM
Bloodbringer

Richard wakes up and groggily casts Chill Touch at one of the dudes not taken by the sleep spell assume it hits first.

A robed arm stretches from Bloodbringers arm and out from it reaches a skeletal hand stained red.

to hit:[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-05-28, 09:07 PM
Grav

"How dare you steal what I ...stole ....fair and square." Grav says confusing himself slightly. He was still sleepy obviously.

He points toward the road and mutters some words of minor power.

Grav will cast Faerie fire on square 20,21 extending out towards the road. This should hit the invisible guy.

Mada
2019-06-02, 04:04 AM
On the Road

The man at 28,20 is knocked unconscious by the sleep spell. The other at 29,19 is still conscious. The chill touch reaches out and strikes true, dealing 8 cold damage, the spectral image of the hand clinging to the man's body.

With a 3 on his dex save, the invisible figure is outlined in a neon glow, his figure reappearing and taking form.
"Grah! You little...!" He clutches the idol to his chest and draws a blade, striking out at Siradius, rolling 19 to hit with 3 slashing damage.

The conscious man by the rock reloads his crossbow and takes a shot at Bloodbringer for hitting him with the cold curse, rolling 22 to hit and dealing 10 piercing damage.

YoFizz
2019-06-04, 04:55 PM
Bloodbringer falls to the ground, unconscious.

Hemnon
2019-06-06, 06:31 PM
Liu Yang

Liu sprinted up to 19, 19 - Almost within range to lay hands on the Tiefling, alas it was still 10 feet too far away, so for now this was all Liu could do in one go, so he spend the rest of his focus on moving up further to spot 22, 20 - Right on the lip of the side of the road.

Lank
2019-06-08, 03:09 AM
Siradius reaches out to the figure holding the idol. Sparks shoot from his hand that light up the darkness.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] lightning damage

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2019-06-11, 11:53 PM
Grav

Grav bends over and picks up a few leaves off the ground. He violently flicks a wrist at the glowing assailant and some vines lash out at the man.

Grav will cast thorn whip. I think he has advantage due to the faerie fire(?)

Attack: [roll0]
or
Attack: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] Piercing damage

If hit the man gets dragged 10 feet closer to Grav.

Note: I'm still pretty new to 5e so please feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake.

Mada
2019-06-12, 06:15 PM
On the Road

Bloodbringer hits the ground with a thud as the bolt knocks him off his feet. Death saving throw please.

As Siradius shocks the man in front of him, a thorny vine springs out of the ground and wraps around the figures chest. He's yanked towards Grav and his clothes tear as the thorns lacerate his skin. He now stands at 19,21 and takes another shot at the tiefling, striking true with a 15 and doing another 3 damage.

A bolt whizzes past Liu Yang's head as the mercenary rolls a 3, then begins to reload once more.

The man with the idol, his form illuminated by the light is bleeding heavily, a slight tick in his reactions can be seen as the electricity is still bothering his body.

Sorry Bloodbringer, unfortunate crit. Thankfully he rolled a 1 and a 9 so you only took max regular damage... yay?

YoFizz
2019-06-13, 10:44 AM
death save: [roll0]

Hemnon
2019-06-14, 11:43 PM
Liu Yang

Liu knelt at the Tiefling's side and pressed a hand against his chest, a sudden glow, emanating from Liu as he channeled the Celestial energies shining from his quasi-human soul, instantly healing the possible internal damage and dealing with the critical injuries.

Liu then got back to his feet and with a strong focused expression ran straight for the enemy, halting a mere 5 feet from one of those crossbow wielders.

Action: Liu heals Richard 1 HP.
Movement: Liu moves up to 27,20 on the map, straight in front of the frontmost crossbow wielder. (right below that big circle-star, whatever that thing is).
--------------------

HP: 9/9
AC: 16

Needs long rest before Liu is able to use Lay on Hands again.

Lank
2019-06-15, 02:03 AM
"Please don't put up too much of a fight please".
Siradius channels magic from his orb and spectral armor forms around him, encasing his body in a magical shell.
Just casting Mage Armor. Siradius is in a bit of trouble.